Sign in to follow this  
Major Lee

A Call to 3D Action...

How about some useful ground objects? Not as glamorous as new planes to be sure, but stuff on the ground goes a long way towards better overall realism....

How about a Soviet nuclear power facility?

3043-705735.jpg

220745-1f1.21.jpg

or a Soviet Ice Breaker? (link to webpage, not a picture)

http://www.msco.ru/cgi-bin/common.cgi?lang...&fn=cont4_4

or Soviet B200 Yo Yo radar?

yoyoradar.jpg

Perhaps new docks of large size to simulate a full size naval installation? Or perhaps bombing the Comm Building is as exciting as you can stand?

If you need a project, I have ideas and a place to use your work. Any takers?

(Recent volunteer is much appreciated... thanks!)

Edited by Major Lee

Major Lee,

Do you have Polak's 3D Generic Library? They're the objects that he ported over from another sim (I forget which) a while back. While most are most suitable for WW2 or Korea, there are a few (like the crane and the factory buildings) that would work very well in a port/industrialized area setting.

Even so, I also agree that the ground object aspect of this sim is being overlooked.

I also can't see the second picture.

I'm not a modder by any means, but if you need help with target placement, or very basic skinning, I could help.

Yes, I have access to Polak's library... Great stuff from him... He did the majority of radar and comm objects on the DBS map...

This isn't that hard, the SF world needs to be populated with stuff... :help: If you have 3D skills and tools, then just make something for the ground... :please: The SF community and I will thank you... :yes:

There, 75 minutes later, one made to order nuke plant... HOLY SMOKES! :ok:

should be nice too if the airfield be populated with people and material, like bombs, cranes and people walking in air base....

bigger hangars and heavy aircraft shelter to put some aircraft inside xDD

or buy the YAP

Buy YAP? My goal is to build and release something new, not to buy something already built...

I think I can do these quite fast. Most of the detail can simply be painted on.

I think I can do these quite fast. Most of the detail can simply be painted on.

the ground crew and equipments? :biggrin:

No, not those. It's everything else that needs more detail.

I've been thinking of vast thin "3D" cloud layers, with somewhat irregular holes using transparancies, and suitable skin texture. Set to a dedicated ground object or ship and it the cloud sheet can move across the map. No collision boxes of cours. If I ever got the MAX I'd like to try making clouds. Eventually, I'd do something like huge 3D cumulus clouds with skin textures, and reflections like on white painted aircraft. Anybody interested in trying something like this?

How about some factory offices, or broadcasting station?

Now, THATs nice!!!!

If you all are interested, there's kind of a wish list in the "filling the blanks with ground objects' threard, around here somewhere.

We could definately use more stuff...Western AA units, soviet Long Track, and other radars -- expecially the NATO stuff. Vehicles, etc. (note to self: find out what Capun did with the Toyota pickup)

Wonder if that nuke plant could stand in for the Baghdad Nuclear Research center in Desert Strom.....

Wrench

kevin stein

How about some factory offices, or broadcasting station?

Wouldn't mind dropping some Paveways through the bottom one!

Viggen, if you can make those buildings, I will place them in a city... Send them over.

Viggen, if you can make those buildings, I will place them in a city... Send them over.

CA_Stary made them. Not me. I was just saying they would be fine targets.

CA_Stary, what do say? Do you have these imported into SF yet? I would like to place these into a map...

i draw buildings for a living .Mostly single family, but have fone town houses condos and appartments too.

I draw these in revit and can export to auto cad then import to sketchup for colours and rendering.

can any of these sourses be used for importing in to 3d max for you to finish or to get them into sf ,woe,wov?

done some subdivisions too have losts of stuff just do not know how to get it into game.

And i can draw tons more with out interior details,

If you look at Sanfransisco on goole earth you can see all the 3d buildings loads of stuff out there too.

just want to help and contribute

Major Lee -as for those posted above, they need collision boxes and second LOD. Be patient

For that, I can wait... Very nice work indeed!

CA_Stary, what do say? Do you have these imported into SF yet? I would like to place these into a map...

Thats how these look in SF:

(shadows not working for unknown reason)

These are radio and TV stations, hospital, some offices, and a itelligence agency (the one with radar dome)

Just give me some time, after finishing I'll post them here at CA so everybody building a campaign/terrain could have use of them

And now, excuse me, I need some sleep

WOW! SF has a real estate developer! :smile: