Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

A MASSIVE complaint about something...

We have Mars bars in Canada, now peanut free LOL

they're really going on a "No nuts" crusade up here. In a few years, mustard gas will have nothing on almonds, and peanuts will be outlawed by the Geneva Council. And now you can't get decent chocolate in Hawaii? what's the world coming to?!?

I think they just don't send chocolate to HI because it'll melt in the heat, and they won't bother to refridgerate it.

82 Med Cruise on the Ike, waited until we were 12 miles out to get my cigs (quit in 87) and then hit the store and behold, my first experience with a Toblerone bar :yes: ! Nobody is putting peanut butter in my chocolate.

Hehe, toblerone... the only food you can bite into that will simultaneously stab your brain through your nose! :rofl:

I think a Fluffernutter is a New England thing. My wife has to ship out a case of Fluff every year to her brother who moved to Colorado and can't find it out there.

I honestly had a fluffernutter two days ago. All nice and warm and gooey, it can't be beat on a cold winter day.

Ah, man.

Now you got me craving one of them things!

Grew up in Hampton, NH, and scrarfed them puppies up.

Probably too sweet for a discerning pallette, read old, now, but ah the memories.

I might have to check the local shops, this may grow into an itch I can't scratch, and once done, not as yummy as I remember.

:dntknw:

Ah, man.

Now you got me craving one of them things!

Grew up in Hampton, NH, and scrarfed them puppies up.

Probably too sweet for a discerning pallette, read old, now, but ah the memories.

I might have to check the local shops, this may grow into an itch I can't scratch, and once done, not as yummy as I remember.

:dntknw:

I can't imagine a fluffernutter not being yummy. I'm still eating them at 36. I've also seen a hybrid in which Nutella is substituted for the peanut butter (now that's a bit too sweet, almost like desert), adn I've even seen fluffernutter dipped in batter and deep-fried. That's overboard in my opinion. But the basic fluffernutter in unbeatable.

Let me know if you can't find a source, I'm sure I could arrange to get you some.

But the basic fluffernutter in unbeatable.

Always will be. It was the first sandwich I ever had.

Guest Saganuay82

Can ya pick this fluffernutter stuff up in Boston? I'll have to check it out next week.

Can ya pick this fluffernutter stuff up in Boston? I'll have to check it out next week.

Fluffernutter: it's a sandwich made with toast, peanut butter, and "Fluff". "Fluff" is a spreadable marshmallow-like vanilla confection that's sold in a jar (also comes in strawberry flavor). As far as I know it's only found in New England; the factory is in Massachusetts.

Toast two pieces of white bread, put peanut butter on one, Fluff on the other, put them together and you have a Flufffernutter! If done right it will be awfully gooey, but nothing beats it on a cold day. A real fuffernutter is made on still warm toast, not just bread.

If you are going to be in Boston, you have to check out Quincy Market. It's a collection of dozens of different shops/ restaurants located in three old market buildings right in Boston. The center market is nothing but take-away food shops of everykind; I'm sure one of them could sell you a fluffernutter. At the very least, you can go to a food store and buy a jar of Fluff to take with you. Well worth it. It's also popular to spoon a dollop of Fluff into a Hot Chocolate drink (I also recommend a good shot of whisky in the hot chocolate).

Head to the North End for fantastic Italian food (Mike's on Hanover St. has the best pastries, try the Bear Claws or Lobster Claws). The Back Bay area also has some unique and eccentric restaurants.

Edited by tank03

Guest Saganuay82

Thanks man, we are parking at the Constitution Jetty this week. Will have a couple of days to roam about.

Thanks man, we are parking at the Constitution Jetty this week. Will have a couple of days to roam about.

You have go to Faneuil Hall Market Place man...that is something you can not miss.

http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/

i like Japanese chocolate, it is not as milk-saturated or sweet as American chocolate and tastes a little bitter, like it should