Sign in to follow this  
column5

A great disturbance in the Force

I am not fully knoledgable on the subject but it seems that you (diego) and the rest of the comunity are both right. But I was new here once and Some times it is easy to mistake a comment ment to help as beeing a rivet counter. The main problem in my opinion is that one thing written on the enternet can be taken in many different ways. For example I can kiddingly say f(*&% you or I can say the same word in an angry fashion the only difference is in the tone. Well it is impossible to know the tone because were reading not hearing. I think we need to realize 5 fundimental facts

1 ITS JUST A GAME

2 NOT EVERYONE HAS THE TIME OR ABILITY TO MOD

3 NON MODDERS ARE NOT SECOND CLASS CITIZENS

4 CIBER PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE TOO

5 NOT EVERYTHING IS MENT IN A MALITIOUSE MANNER

Again I don't know exactly what happened but it would be the first step in turning a new page if you (diego) would repost your material. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong. You may have not started it but be a man and finish it. And that goes for all modders. In my oppinion If you are too selfish to post what you made you should not enjoy the right of downloading what others made.

Now lets go back to having fun guys :biggrin:

I think everyone can read what Diego has said and make up their own minds regarding this situation.

Don't be misdirected though. This is not, as Diego tries to imply, about whether he has the right to withdraw his files. When he asked for that, we all complied. This has to do with a member of my forum who had downloaded Diego's work when it was still publically available, and who lost those files in a computer crash. When he tried to acquire new copies, he was told to stuff it and gnerally treated very poorly. For no good reason.

Guest Diego
When he tried to acquire new copies, he was told to stuff it and gnerally treated very poorly. For no good reason.

Wrong. I politely let him know my files were no longer available in a PM here on CA. Never did I, nor would I, have treated him in this manner. He was very polite and I to him. So your comments here and on your site are totally without merit. I'll chalk it up to cabin fever waiting for whatever for TK singlehandedly decides to give us.

For future reference, as if I've never made myself clear, none of my files are or should be available for public download. The reasons are very clear for those willing to hit a search button but I'd suggest not digging up old bones for the sake of boredom or rallying troops against some "lost cause".

Funny place this internet is.

Everything you say just reaffirms my position. You are being a jerk to people with no good reason. You had no reason not to help that guy out. Instead you forced others of us to intervene and make sure the right thing was done. You are so selfish that you can't even see that.

At any rate, the rest of us can use you as a reminder of how not to behave towards people looking for help.

Edited by column5

May I say that this really sucks?

Selfish is the correct word. Bottom line everyone got punished for the actions of a few. Even egotistical. Diego, you can't let things go at all can you? Brush the people aside and let the ones, your fans who support you enjoy your company and your work. Enjoy your knowledge. You have taken a game....and turned it into something that isn't fun....over a game.....Diego lets make sure you understand this....a game.....not real life, something you do to PRETEND you're a pilot......a game...a sim....are you getting this? So those files are that important to you that is the public uses them you will be unable to function properly in your daily life? And don't give us the BS about the principle of the matter. Are you unable to start anew, a clean slate, with your well defined rules and people who are willing to make sure they are enforced? Can you not let the little man get you down? Just tell the nay sayers to stuff it and come back to a community that wants you back? Because if your answer is no, then you are truly a lost cause. So then I see no reason for you to even be at Combatace. Its for a community not for that other stuff.

May I say that this really sucks?

Yes it does, for only a few, but you see Combatace is where you and the rest ARE the community. I am not going to pull anything off this site. Yes we get testy with each other in certain situations but by and large we have a great community. Always have and always will. So don't fret, Tristan. We here at CA and at C5's will press on and have fun while others can be miserable somewhere else.

Guest Diego
Everything you say just reaffirms my position. You are being a jerk to people with no good reason. You had no reason not to help that guy out. Instead you forced others of us to intervene and make sure the right thing was done. You are so selfish that you can't even see that.

At any rate, the rest of us can use you as a reminder of how not to behave towards people looking for help.

I still haven't been shown by you where I've been quoted as saying "he was told to stuff it and gnerally treated very poorly. For no good reason." This further turns all of this into the realm of soap opera. People make up their minds by what they read here. Shedding me in an unflattering light in order to justify your wrong actions just doesn't suit you, Don. I've always thought of you a someone who is grounded in common sense and with higher morals than this.

Maybe you need to realize something first. My response to everyone that asks for my files is the same - Sorry, but no. No ill will intended. Polite and to the point. You or anyone else is not a part of this equation. Its as if you didn't read what I've posted here today. Its as if I've never told you what my reasons are. You just don't seem to understand it at all and write it off as my fault. Fine, its all my fault. I'm the bad man who destroyed this community and holds the future of the SF series in my handful of useless files and selfish file hoarding. Feel better now?

I'm the bad man who destroyed this community and holds the future of the SF series in my handful of useless files and selfish file hoarding. Feel better now?

Yes I feel better for you because admitting your problem is the first step in resolving it. Also, not helping a guy out who lost his stuff in a hard drive failure (or whatever it was) fits my definition of treating someone poorly for no good reason.

No matter how you try to explain it, it boils down to you being very uncool with people who you could just as easily help out.

Edited by column5

Yes it does, for only a few, but you see Combatace is where you and the rest ARE the community. I am not going to pull anything off this site. Yes we get testy with each other in certain situations but by and large we have a great community. Always have and always will. So don't fret, Tristan. We here at CA and at C5's will press on and have fun while others can be miserable somewhere else.

Thank God for that. You guys on here and on C5 made me really comfy enough to make new friends. Thanks again..

Falcon

Yes I feel better for you because admitting your problem is the first step in resolving it. Also, not helping a guy out who lost his stuff in a hard drive failure (or whatever it was) fits my definition of treating someone poorly for no good reason.

No matter how you try to explain it, it boils down to you being very uncool with people who you could just as easily help out.

And that is all it would of took. Just help the guy, tell him not to distribute the files and leave it at that.

Guest Diego
Selfish is the correct word. Bottom line everyone got punished for the actions of a few. Even egotistical. Diego, you can't let things go at all can you? Brush the people aside and let the ones, your fans who support you enjoy your company and your work. Enjoy your knowledge. You have taken a game....and turned it into something that isn't fun....over a game.....Diego lets make sure you understand this....a game.....not real life, something you do to PRETEND you're a pilot......a game...a sim....are you getting this? So those files are that important to you that is the public uses them you will be unable to function properly in your daily life? And don't give us the BS about the principle of the matter. Are you unable to start anew, a clean slate, with your well defined rules and people who are willing to make sure they are enforced? Can you not let the little man get you down? Just tell the nay sayers to stuff it and come back to a community that wants you back? Because if your answer is no, then you are truly a lost cause. So then I see no reason for you to even be at Combatace. Its for a community not for that other stuff.

Nobody has been punished. Think about that long and hard. Do you really believe I have the power over any faceless IP address? I can't make your game or anyone elses game un-fun. My game is a work in progress and I'm having a blast...although its getting stale. Who actually pretends they're pilot anyway? You either are or you aren't.

My well defined rules have been in place since day one. Now, don't take this the wrong way but you're asking me to upload all my stuff and make sure everyone knows what the rules are and this will all be enforced by YOU? This is the funny part...wait for it....weren't you the one who offered up the files in the first place? Sorry, but I have to point out the obvious hilarity in that.

Ban me if you must. I didn't know that being upset because a couple of guys couldn't follow my defined rules would get me the boot. Oh well we all have to do what is in our own best interest, right?

Nobody has been punished. Think about that long and hard. Do you really believe I have the power over any faceless IP address? I can't make your game or anyone elses game un-fun. My game is a work in progress and I'm having a blast...although its getting stale. Who actually pretends they're pilot anyway? You either are or you aren't.

My well defined rules have been in place since day one. Now, don't take this the wrong way but you're asking me to upload all my stuff and make sure everyone knows what the rules are and this will all be enforced by YOU? This is the funny part...wait for it....weren't you the one who offered up the files in the first place? Sorry, but I have to point out the obvious hilarity in that.

Ban me if you must. I didn't know that being upset because a couple of guys couldn't follow my defined rules would get me the boot. Oh well we all have to do what is in our own best interest, right?

The problem is that I was helping someone who lost the files. Not giving it away arbitrarily. Just helping someone who had a HD crash. You know that help thy fellow man thing. Yeah I see the irony in it. But its about going above to help someone who lost something they may have used a lot. Please explain to the community why you couldn't help him out. We would love to know.

Guest zerocinco

Gee, Diego...what a masochist. You are climbing aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge with a copyright lawyer expecting to find allies aboard.

Guest Diego
The problem is that I was helping someone who lost the files. Not giving it away arbitrarily. Just helping someone who had a HD crash. You know that help thy fellow man thing. Yeah I see the irony in it. But its about going above to help someone who lost something they may have used a lot. Please explain to the community why you couldn't help him out. We would love to know.

If you would only take a few seconds to actually read what I've written here today, that would give you all the info you or this community would need. I'll do you the favor and quote myself from one of the posts - "Maybe you need to realize something first. My response to everyone that asks for my files is the same - Sorry, but no. No ill will intended. Polite and to the point." Did you catch that? EVERYONE. I do this so nobody feels like someone else is getting any special favors. You'll never know how close I was to actually giving it to him - before you two did the right thing. Thank God, you guys were there to save the day.

Hey that help thy fellow man stuff sounds great! In the spirit of the holidays, why don't you release all of those Mirage Factory aircraft that are just hanging around waiting for some tiny bit of code that may or may not ever show up from TK? It wouldn't be arbitrary at all...you could just chalk it up to showing a lost cause how to act like a normal human being. I'm sure they wouldn't mind either, right?

What does the community say? Sound like a great idea? It would teach me a lesson...pleeeease.

Gee, Diego...what a masochist. You are climbing aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge with a copyright lawyer expecting to find allies aboard.

Zerocinco. I recognized your foul stench the moment I came on baord. I find it absolutely hilarious that you of all people come to Diego's defense. There is something to be gleaned from Diego's behavior and you showing up here to defend him, but I'll let people figure that out for themselves.

If you would only take a few seconds to actually read what I've written here today, that would give you all the info you or this community would need. I'll do you the favor and quote myself from one of the posts - "Maybe you need to realize something first. My response to everyone that asks for my files is the same - Sorry, but no. No ill will intended. Polite and to the point." Did you catch that? EVERYONE. I do this so nobody feels like someone else is getting any special favors. You'll never know how close I was to actually giving it to him - before you two did the right thing. Thank God, you guys were there to save the day.

Hey that help thy fellow man stuff sounds great! In the spirit of the holidays, why don't you release all of those Mirage Factory aircraft that are just hanging around waiting for some tiny bit of code that may or may not ever show up from TK? It wouldn't be arbitrary at all...you could just chalk it up to showing a lost cause how to act like a normal human being. I'm sure they wouldn't mind either, right?

What does the community say? Sound like a great idea? It would teach me a lesson...pleeeease.

Fair enough, your equal across the board...still doesn't make it right. Well as TK said there is going to be another patch. So better to wait to to see what changes then have to rework something the patch my improve and or break. Apples and oranges. You're doing it for whatever reasons, we are doing to save time and effort in fixing and or rebuilding. So again why didn't you help him?

If you would only take a few seconds to actually read what I've written here today, that would give you all the info you or this community would need. I'll do you the favor and quote myself from one of the posts - "Maybe you need to realize something first. My response to everyone that asks for my files is the same - Sorry, but no. No ill will intended. Polite and to the point." Did you catch that? EVERYONE.

Not only selfish, but consistently selfish! At least you treat everyone that enjoyed your work equally poorly, a true egalitarian is you.

Guest Diego
So again why didn't you help him?

Damn, Dave. I knew you had a problem spelling but reading as well? Please check the first paragraph of what I wrote. LOL...I even copy/pasted it so you wouldn't strain looking for it.

Guest Diego
Not only selfish, but consistently selfish! At least you treat everyone that enjoyed your work equally poorly, a true egalitarian is you.

I had to look up that word - egalitarian. I try, thanks for noticing.

Damn, Dave. I knew you had a problem spelling but reading as well? Please check the first paragraph of what I wrote. LOL...I even copy/pasted it so you wouldn't strain looking for it.

Poor excuse try again....

Guest Diego

Don understood. Have him explain it to you with the pop-up book that has the pretty pictures in it.

Don understood. Have him explain it to you with the pop-up book that has the pretty pictures in it.

I see how it is. No one is going to miss you....