Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Seeking interest in forming new virtual carrier airwing....

I would like to find out if perhaps there is an interest in forming a virtual carrier airwing to fly SFP1. I don't have the expertise to it or a web page for it, but am sure someone out there does.

Not even sure if such an idea is plausible, but wondered if it could work. Naturally, such an airwing would be comprised of several squadrons, all Navy: A-7, F-4, F-8, A-6, RA-5C....

Navychief

We first need a landable carrier, I dont think (but I have been wrong before :D ) that that will happen with SFP-1, perhaps if TK gets a carrier based P-2 going I think that would be viable, also with LOMAC round the corner, even if its Soviet Based I would fly and trap that if it worked...

Either way when a working carrier comes out in any sim, ODB's will likely have a "Wing" in action.

Cheers

Beer

Put me down for A-4 or F-8 action! I will rock charlie's socks off first chance we get, oh yeah, and SF needs decent multiplayer support.

A-7 in attack and F-8 all the way in fighter (danish-squid don't get mad I like F-4s too but I'm a Vought guy, sort of like Ford or Chevy :) :) )

Well, even if carrier landings are not possible in SFP1, then I would still like to see about creating a Navy airwing. Needs to happen!

Navychief

Hey XO

Yep. If the CO was still interested, I think he would have posted by now. Either that, or he is way too busy with his new assignment to have time for gaming; which is ok. I understand that.

So, I want to look at establishing a new squadron, and I am thinking that a composite squadron might be possible. Only question I have is how that would work with MP? I will probably be flying the A-7 mostly, and specifically, VA-15, or VA-83.

Chief

Chief are you planning on giving LOMAC a go as well?

Im interested, but waiting to see what happens with this Patch#2. Im skeptical at this point whether SF will finally work online.

I haven't even thought about buying LOMAC yet. I only just recently broke down and bought IL2 Sturmovik, and The Forgotten Battles, because I got great price for them as a set on Ebay.

SFP1 is still the sim I want to fly the most, mainly because of the Vietnam Era aircraft. I love flying the F-4, and I REALLY look forward to the Corsair, Crusader, and the Vigilante. All beautiful and powerful aircraft.

No offense meant to anyone in advance, but the F-16 doesn't have the "class" that a Phantom has. And it never will.

Navychief

Naval Aviation..........rules!

hey Navy give me a yell on msn if ya wanna play around with IL2. I get bored and play it. Here latley I've been playing a lot.

Will do, Trashman.

I hope it arrives in the mail soon.

Navychief

You could always form a squad for USAF. The Super Pro 9.2 patch has Carriers that you can land on. Also has over 292 aircraft,Chopters that are flyable.

Chief, as I'm sure you will check out MJ's drool worthy carrier picks, what do you think about starting a NAVAIR squad for LOMAC... that is if they include US Carrier ops in a patch (lord, Jesus christ in heaven, hear that prayer).

Chief did you get your IL2 package yet?

Cause you need to get down with the MP.

Join me and PCpilot and Dirickson, and you other FB owners need to get with it too.

Either that, or he is way too busy with his new assignment to have time for gaming;

Once again Chief, hammer meets nail

I am coming up on some free time and will be ready to fly...if its possible yet, so dont abandon the ship just yet!

But on another note, SF:P1 needs NAVAIR I'm all for it, I'm sure the XO's in as well

Hey Fast Eagle!

You have been UA! No, wait, it's been way over 30 days, you were AWOL!!

Do me a favor, PLEASE, and send me an email, so I know how to contact you?

I have a lot to tell you, so please contact me when you have time!

Thanks, and it is great to hear from you. Welcome back, shipmate!

AMEC(AW) Peter C. Ward, USN, Retired

AKA...........Da Navychief