Sign in to follow this  
Carlos_Tex

stock aircraft edit

hey everybody.

i´m a newbie in WOE/WOV so i would like to know if there´s any possibility of editing the stock aircraft that comes in the game because i can´t seem to find the ini files (Data,loadout etc). Maybe this question is really stupid for you but since i´m a newbie you could give me a break. I wasn´t able to find any FAQ that could answer my question so i guess that it isn´t possible by anyway i would like to to know what the experts have to say about this. (Experts being you of course)

Thanks Guys

Dang he got it before me!

Anyway, you'll need the SFP1 .CAT Extractor to get those IIRC.

Thanks guys by the way i know that in WOE we can´t have ships because of the stock map but i was just wondering if it is possible to add ships and carriers to WOE of course we would need a map with water on it, but aren´t the thirdwire games based all on the same engine?

I´m a pain in the ass but since i discovered these games i´ve gone absolutely berserk

Thanks guys by the way i know that in WOE we can´t have ships because of the stock map but i was just wondering if it is possible to add ships and carriers to WOE of course we would need a map with water on it, but aren´t the thirdwire games based all on the same engine?

I´m a pain in the ass but since i discovered these games i´ve gone absolutely berserk

Im not sure if you need WOV to make carrier ops work right, but You can add ships and carriers. The downloads section has a really nice selection to choose from. The Bering Straits and Cuba terrains are great for making carrier based campaigns.

AFAIK you can have ships in the stock map. Carrier ops in WOE should work fine, although there's a file you'll need from WOV to get it working correctly. Have a look here: in regards to what you'll need to do to get the carrier functioning. I don't think I've ever had a problem with Anti-shipping sorties in WOE outside of not getting the naval vessels to appear (which was quickly fixed). :yes:

And you're right. They're based on the same engine, although there were some problems with some WOE stuff not being backwardly compatible with SF. Can't remember if that had something to do with patching though. Either way, whatever you put into one game, you can pretty much do to the others. :good:

Who said you can't have ships???? Not anybody here....

bremerhaven_port.jpg

Europe is not surrounded by water anymore??? I thought global warming was RAISING sea levels...

Just to let you know, the CV-63 object is probably hiding inside the WoE objectscat. And, there's several other CVs for use in carrier ops, made by third parties.. You just won't get them in single mission; only in built (user created) or 3rd party campaigns with the needed 'carrier station'

What dosen't come stock (withot some fiddling) are the Navy birds.

Take the extractor, open the objectscat and browse the file list...yo'd be amazed -AMAZED I TELL YOU!!!- at what youll find hidden in there...

Wrench

kevin stein

Just to let you know, the CV-63 object is probably hiding inside the WoE objectscat.

WOE's object.cat contains all the LOD and data files of the previous games, it just doesn't provide you with the skins and .ini files needed to make them appear in game....

Who said you can't have ships???? Not anybody here....

bremerhaven_port.jpg

Europe is not surrounded by water anymore??? I thought global warming was RAISING sea levels...

Just to let you know, the CV-63 object is probably hiding inside the WoE objectscat. And, there's several other CVs for use in carrier ops, made by third parties.. You just won't get them in single mission; only in built (user created) or 3rd party campaigns with the needed 'carrier station'

What dosen't come stock (withot some fiddling) are the Navy birds.

Take the extractor, open the objectscat and browse the file list...yo'd be amazed -AMAZED I TELL YOU!!!- at what youll find hidden in there...

Wrench

kevin stein

Don't you just love those ships to bomb :biggrin: