J-10 is not designed for compete the EF2000 and Rafale, It's something like the later F-16 serials like block50

bro u r talking about the lavi not j10. i myself read in english magazine in UK , i don`t remember its name but they have written clearly that its better than EF2000, grippen,marage n these sort of aircrafts.I `ve even read that chinese r working on stealth body for this aircraft.anyway lavi is based on f16(grade3 by size)n J10 is based on J9 n its size is similiar to f15(grade 2 by size).

i think u`vnt heard about Jf17 thunder(chinese aircraft) that aircraft is based on f16 n it is better than f16(some jf 17 tests have been done in pakistan infront of f16 .

J-10 is to Lavi as F/A-18E is to F/A-18C or Su-27 is to MiG-29. They LOOK similar, but are different sizes and other than general layout aren't the same under the skin at all.

Well I am for one looking forward to the release of the J-10 especially now that the Formosa Straits terrain is a WIP, from the photos I have seen on the net it would appear to be fairly capable and able to carry a wide range of air to air and air to ground weapons.

post-27199-1202914795_thumb.jpg

post-27199-1202914806_thumb.jpg

post-27199-1202914813_thumb.jpg

The only problem is some of their AAMs are barely known as far as things like range and agility, let alone what seeker they use--specifically the radar-guided kind. Aero performance isn't nearly as hard to determine as things like radar and weapons capability.

Still cant shake the fact that at certain angles it looks similar to the EF-2000 in appearence. I know they are not though. Cant wait to see the final product.

Still cant shake the fact that at certain angles it looks similar to the EF-2000 in appearence. I know they are not though. Cant wait to see the final product.

I guess there are only just so many aircraft configurations possible to acheive the required levels of performance etc. which is why we are starting to see so many similar;y shaped EF-2000 does have 2 engines though.

Lazboy

some suggestion for you,may be helpful :)

1. 57mm rocket pod has 12 rockets inside, no russia type like 16/32 RP

2. 90mm rocket pod has 7 rockets, this is widely used

3. 122mm(130mm??) rocket is used in single mount

4. 212mm(??? not sure) or some other 'BIG' rockets are used before 70s, one photo showed a Q-5 firing them

5. Before 70s all the bombs are russia bomb copies,then go to NATO type,like what u said, MK.80 series,but some 500kg bombs looks like British 1000lb

6. About the cluster bomb, like standard bombs described above, before 70s they are russia copies.

And then in the vienam some Mk20 rockeye are found and tested,but only a little copies made.

Then, as we know, British gave the BL755 series, and they are widely used by PLAAF, in single pylon or MER,but NO TER is used, this bomb called type 250-3

THAT is the kind of info I was looking for...

7 shot pods arent difficult...we can use the USAF LAU series, with a repainted bmp. Medium gray ok with everyone?

12 shot will be more problematic...could always edit out 7 places near the center of a 19 round pod

Large rockets (RS-132, S-21) again, no probs...just create a PRC only copy.

FAB series, again, super easy.

RBK 250 - is that large enough don't know what the PLAAF calls them, but if they're only copies of Soviet bombs, maybe keeping the names

250-3 CBU, again, no probs; just use the BL755 and create a Chinese version

I'll have something ready in a day or so (got some terrains I'd like to finish off first...)

Wrench

kevin stein

UK-based Air Force Monthly magazine published in its January 2007 issue some estimated data of the J-10: Length: 15.50m; Wingspan: 9.7m; Wing area: 39m2; Empty weight: 8,300kg; Maximum take-off weight: 18,000kg; Air-to-air combat weight: 13,200kg; Maximum speed: Mach 2.2 (high-level) or Mach 1.2 (sea-level); Internal fuel: 4,500kg.

The Jane’s All the World’s Aircraft made some similar estimates: Length: 16.50m; Wingspan: 9.36m; wing area: 34.6m2; Empty weight: 8,300kg; Maximum range: 2,300km (internal fuel only) or 2,900km (with drop tanks); Service ceiling: 19,000m.

Based on the above estimates, it was concluded that the J-10 is about the same size as a Lockheed Martin F-16. With its canard configuration and slightly larger wing, the J-10 probably has slightly better manoeuvrability than the F-16. The aircraft also features some major characteristics of Western third-generation fighters such as the F-16 and the Boeing F/A-18, including the computerised “fly-by-wire” (FBW) flight control; the use of high-thrust afterburning turbofan jet engine that ensures a near 1:1 thrust-to-weight ratio for high performance 8~9g combat manoeuvring; and the ability to employ advanced radar and weapons.

The J-10 has made some significant improvements in avionics, which is traditionally a major weakness for all Chinese-made fighters. CAC revealed that the indigenous radar equipped by the J-10 is a pulse-Doppler (PD) design with a mechanically slewed planar array antenna, capable of tracking 10 targets and engaging 2 (using semi-active radar-homing AAM) or 4 (using active radar-homing AAM) of them simultaneously. Possibly based on Russian or Israeli technologies, the radar is believed to be comparable to the early 1990s era Western fighter radar designs. Alternatively the J-10 could be fitted with a range of fire-control radar introduced by Russian, Israeli, and European manufacturers on its export variant.

For air-superiority mission, the fighter carries 2~4 PL-11 (semi-active radar-homing) or PL-12 (active radar-homing) medium-range air-to-air missiles (MRAAM), and two PL-8 or PL-9 all-aspect IR-homing short-range air-to-air missiles (SRAAM). The J-10 was the first Chinese-made fighter to have surface attack capability in mind right from the design stage. The fighter is fully capable of all-weather offensive strikes, and could be fitted with a forward looking infrared and laser target designator pod. The AVIC I has displayed a model of the J-10 carrying what were believed to be targeting and navigation pods, which would provide the capability of the J-10 to deploy laser and satellite navigation guided weapons. In a typical surface attack mission, the fighter carries up to eight 250kg bombs, along with two drop tanks and two PL-8/9 SRAAMs

Below are some Links to details of Chinese Air to Air Weapons which might assist with the creation of the weapon models.

http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/weapon/pl8.asp PL8

http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/weapon/pl9.asp PL9

http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/weapon/pl12.asp PL12

http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/weapon/pl11.asp PL11

Going on what I see in the pics above, looks like the J-10 has a larger nose cone, possibly indicating a larger radar than the Lavi.

bro u r talking about the lavi not j10. i myself read in english magazine in UK , i don`t remember its name but they have written clearly that its better than EF2000, grippen,marage n these sort of aircrafts.

:rofl: The J-10 surpassing the Eurofighter, Rafale and the Gripen ! :rofl: That'll be the day. The author of the article you read should consider doing stand up comedy as oppossed to writing aviation articles.

Edited by Atreides

If the J-10 is better than the F-16, Mirages, and MiGs it should be proud, since no previous Chinese fighter was even close. To say it's better than other planes that have also just entered service by companies with far more experience is silly.

:rofl: The J-10 surpassing the Eurofighter, Rafale and the Gripen ! :rofl: That'll be the day. The author of the article you read should consider doing stand up comedy as oppossed to writing aviation articles.

According to a number of articles I have read recently regarding the J-10 it is considered to have performance comparable and probably slightly better manoeuvrability than the current F-16's although nowhere have I seen anyone suggest that is surpasses the Eurofighter, Rafale or Gripen although who knows we may be complacent and surprised as the Chinese aviation industry may have lept several generations in a single bound!

I understand that the J-10 represents a quantum leap for the Chinese aviation industry but, it isnt a true indigenous fighter for one, and I further understand that I surpasses the current Mirage 2000, F-16 and Mig-29. But to state that it can out do the Rafale, Gripen, and the EF-2000 cmon, that's just pure nonsense, if anything it's probably in the SU-30 MKI category. What's next, the next gen Chinese stealth will be touted as surpassing the Raptor ?

Remember many year's ago the speculation surrounding the MIG-29 ? I think it's the similar hype with regards to this aircraft, no doubt this aircraft represents substantial increase in the PLAAF offensive capabilites, but also doubt what has been said about its capabilities by some people.

Working in the 'country specific' bombs and such for the PLAAF.

Its funny what you discover when ya sit down, go line by line in the weapons editor. I found this:

plaaf_cbu-cd250t2.jpg

CD-250T2 125kg cluster bombs, been in the WePak for who know how long!!

Still continuing my works; looking at rocket pods now. Conversion (ie: copies of) early FAB and the RBK-250 is done

more later!

Wrench

kevin stein

My research has thrown up the following additional information about the weapon load of the J-10 which is apparently referred to as the "Vigorous Dragon".

The J-10 has 11 external hardpoints: five hardpoints on the fuselage with one on the centreline and a pair of hardpoints on each side of the fuselage, and three hardpoints on each wing.

The outer wing stations carry air-to-air missiles such as the Chinese built Python 3 PL-8, P-11 or PL-12 or the Russian Vympel R-73 (AA-11 'Archer') or R-77 (AA-12 'Adder).

The PL-8 infrared homing short-range air-to-air missile is manufactured in China under a licensed production agreement by the China Academy (formerly the Luoyang Electro-optics Technology Development Centre) and is a variant of the Israeli Python 3 missile. The PL-11 is a licensed-manufactured variant of the MBDA Italy Aspide medium-range air-to-air missile.

The PL-12 missile is apparently manufactured in China under a collaborative agreement with Russia. It uses the Russian AA-12 Adder missile technology configured with a Chinese-developed rocket motor to give a range of 50 miles and speed of Mach 4.

The aircraft can also be armed with laser-guided bombs, the anti-ship YJ-8K or C-801K solid rocket powered missiles, the C-802 land attack and anti-ship turbojet-powered missiles manufactured by CHETA, and the YJ-9 anti-radiation missile. A 23mm cannon is installed internally on the port side of the forward section of the fuselage above the nosewheel.

Additional fuel can also be carried in auxiliary tanks on the centreline under the fuselage and on the innermost pair of the three sets of wing hardpoints.

Typical air-Superiority and interception weapon configuration are mean't to be:

• 4X PL-11 / PL-12 MRAAM + 2X PL-8 SRAAM + 1X 800ltr drop tank
  • 2X PL-11 / PL-12 MRAAM + 2X PL-8 SRAAM + 2X 1,600ltr drop tanks + 1X 800ltr drop tank

For surface attack and interdiction missions, the J-10 could carry up to six 250kg low-drag general-purpose (LDGP) bombs and 57mm/90mm/130mm unguided rocket pods. Although the PLAAF has already developed the pylon integrated dispenser system (PIDS) that can carry up to six 250kg LDGP bombs for the J-8B fighter and JH-7 fighter-bomber, the similar system has not been seen being equipped by the J-10.

Typical surface attack and interdiction weapon configuration:

• 2X PL-8 SRAAM + 6X 250kg LDGP bomb + 2X 1,600ltr drop tanks + 1X 800ltr drop tank
  • 2X PL-8 SRAAM + 2X 500kg LGB + 2X 1,600ltr drop tanks + 1X 800ltr drop tank + laser targeting pod

Hopefully the above information particularly with regards weapons and hardpoints will be of use to Wrench and the others working on this project.

post-27199-1203065750_thumb.jpg

post-27199-1203065757_thumb.jpg

Edited by lazboy

My research has thrown up the following additional information about the weapon load of the J-10 which is apparently referred to as the "Vigorous Dragon".

The J-10 has 11 external hardpoints: five hardpoints on the fuselage with one on the centreline and a pair of hardpoints on each side of the fuselage, and three hardpoints on each wing.

The outer wing stations carry air-to-air missiles such as the Chinese built Python 3 PL-8, P-11 or PL-12 or the Russian Vympel R-73 (AA-11 'Archer') or R-77 (AA-12 'Adder).

The PL-8 infrared homing short-range air-to-air missile is manufactured in China under a licensed production agreement by the China Academy (formerly the Luoyang Electro-optics Technology Development Centre) and is a variant of the Israeli Python 3 missile. The PL-11 is a licensed-manufactured variant of the MBDA Italy Aspide medium-range air-to-air missile.

The PL-12 missile is apparently manufactured in China under a collaborative agreement with Russia. It uses the Russian AA-12 Adder missile technology configured with a Chinese-developed rocket motor to give a range of 50 miles and speed of Mach 4.

The aircraft can also be armed with laser-guided bombs, the anti-ship YJ-8K or C-801K solid rocket powered missiles, the C-802 land attack and anti-ship turbojet-powered missiles manufactured by CHETA, and the YJ-9 anti-radiation missile. A 23mm cannon is installed internally on the port side of the forward section of the fuselage above the nosewheel.

Additional fuel can also be carried in auxiliary tanks on the centreline under the fuselage and on the innermost pair of the three sets of wing hardpoints.

Typical air-Superiority and interception weapon configuration are mean't to be:

• 4X PL-11 / PL-12 MRAAM + 2X PL-8 SRAAM + 1X 800ltr drop tank
  • 2X PL-11 / PL-12 MRAAM + 2X PL-8 SRAAM + 2X 1,600ltr drop tanks + 1X 800ltr drop tank

For surface attack and interdiction missions, the J-10 could carry up to six 250kg low-drag general-purpose (LDGP) bombs and 57mm/90mm/130mm unguided rocket pods. Although the PLAAF has already developed the pylon integrated dispenser system (PIDS) that can carry up to six 250kg LDGP bombs for the J-8B fighter and JH-7 fighter-bomber, the similar system has not been seen being equipped by the J-10.

Typical surface attack and interdiction weapon configuration:

• 2X PL-8 SRAAM + 6X 250kg LDGP bomb + 2X 1,600ltr drop tanks + 1X 800ltr drop tank
  • 2X PL-8 SRAAM + 2X 500kg LGB + 2X 1,600ltr drop tanks + 1X 800ltr drop tank + laser targeting pod

Hopefully the above information particularly with regards weapons and hardpoints will be of use to Wrench and the others working on this project.

1,The J-10 can not carry R-73/R-77

2,The J-10 can not carry air to ground weapons

3,The IRM of J-10 is PL-9

The J-10 have various of A2G weapons.and can carry PL-8 A2A missile.And it may carry russian missiles as well,though they are not its standard weapon.

The J-10 have various of A2G weapons.and can carry PL-8 A2A missile.And it may carry russian missiles as well,though they are not its standard weapon.

About J-10 can not carry much AG weapons,in fact. :dntknw:

The laser targeting pod is a project.And there is someting wrong around the pod of the project's position.

This is said that J-10 can not carry LGBs.

Also no TV-guided weapons.

Now the J-10 noly carry rocket pods to CAS,if possible.

My PL-9 is a mistake. I mixed PL-9 and PL-8. :blink:

1,The J-10 can not carry R-73/R-77

2,The J-10 can not carry air to ground weapons

3,The IRM of J-10 is PL-9

What J-10 carries is PL-8 not PL-9.

I'm sorry I mixed PL-8 and PL-9. :blink:

What J-10 carries is PL-8 not PL-9.

I'm sorry I mixed PL-8 and PL-9. :blink:

No Problem Erwin, the J-10 is already proving to be a far more capable aircraft than was originally believed and when fully operational will be able to deploy the full range of dumb and guided air to ground munitions as well as the latest air to air missiles available to the Chinese. There is already available footage of the J-10 carrying air to ground munitions and using them in training and exercises and even of the laser designator fitted.

Edited by lazboy

No Problem Erwin, the J-10 is already proving to be a far more capable aircraft than was originally believed and when fully operational will be able to deploy the full range of dumb and guided air to ground munitions as well as the latest air to air missiles available to the Chinese. There is already available footage of the J-10 carrying air to ground munitions and using them in training and exercises and even of the laser designator fitted.

Air to ground is just a project in fact.

And we'v never seen a J-10 with PL-9

Some of Pics you see J-10 carries LGB or TV guide weapon are Fake Pics......

And........I'm seeking some Info about PL-ASR.

Some fake pics.........

post-27883-1203078447_thumb.jpg

post-27883-1203078480_thumb.jpg

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one Erwin, give it a few more months and then we will really know what the J-10 is capable of and don't be surprised if all those photos on the net arn't faked.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one Erwin, give it a few more months and then we will really know what the J-10 is capable of and don't be surprised if all those photos on the net arn't faked.

Yes....this must be the best way.

Also thanks for your Infos. :biggrin:

Some fake pics.........

No, they are not.

The first one is picture of J 10 plastic model. So I guess plastic models of J10 can carry LGBs :biggrin:

Ok, I'm really bored. :sorry: