Sign in to follow this  
Emp_Palpatine

Now THIS is airbase attack!

Great job on WoI! Attacking airbases and doing the campaign operation Moked are just... wow!

:good:

img00028fv1.png

crossing the cana

img00025sz6.png

img00030qt7.png

Mmmmm....targets...

img00031ax6.png

Let's roll!

img00032zn0.png

Just like in history, only a few arab planes scrambled their way before it was too late

img00035ev7.png

Boum!

img00036zd5.png

img00037ge7.png

img00038gs6.png

There were a nice line of MiG-21. RIP

img00039kg2.png

Another straff

img00040jy9.png

img00041bh4.png

It's hell on the ground

img00045iw9.png

As the first wave is flying back to Israel, the alarms are shouting on another base...

Looking good, cant wait to get my copy of WOI, but I have to :not_i: Are those kills listed as ground kill in debrief??

Looking good, cant wait to get my copy of WOI, but I have to :not_i: Are those kills listed as ground kill in debrief??

They are listed as AA victory, that is a drawback according to me... But of little interest compared to this new feature.

You forgot about the Tu-16s!

You forgot about the Tu-16s!

The more MiGs I destroy on the ground, the less air opposition I have on next missions. :wink:

So I concentrated on the MiGs, and ran out of ammo...

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

The more MiGs I destroy on the ground, the less air opposition I have on next missions. :wink:

So I concentrated on the MiGs, and ran out of ammo...

I haven't tested that in the campaign, is it really true, the more I take out on the ground the less in the air?

I haven't tested that in the campaign, is it really true, the more I take out on the ground the less in the air?

Hmmm...that would make sense. I was wondering why TK left them as air objects and not ground objects. That would explain it.

Is there the possibility of a "scramble"? Can unmanned planes like that be activated and taxi out? Maybe in a future patch/release?

I've noticed differing numbers of planes at any given airfield...one had a single Cub, others had rows of Beagles and Fishbeds.

Does this mean if there's a mission where incoming planes are to attack OUR airfield and we fail to stop them we could have fewer planes in our squadron?

Actually, I think so because I read here, a few month ago, that the more planes get shoot down in a campaign mission, the less will be encoutered on next missions.

I just guess it work the same way.

Is there the possibility of a "scramble"? Can unmanned planes like that be activated and taxi out? Maybe in a future patch/release?

I've noticed differing numbers of planes at any given airfield...one had a single Cub, others had rows of Beagles and Fishbeds.

Does this mean if there's a mission where incoming planes are to attack OUR airfield and we fail to stop them we could have fewer planes in our squadron?

I don't know... On that particular campaign mission, I visually noticed 1 MiG scrambling and another taxing to take off (just like a normal Number 2 in normal take off) as our flight were only a few miles from the airbase. Whether it was a scramble or a normal take off mission planed to take off upon our arrival, I don't know. But it was great for immersion!

Interesting that just before this i was wathcing a epsode of Dogfights on youtube where a flight of IAF Mirages attack an airfield.

Interesting that just before this i was wathcing a epsode of Dogfights on youtube where a flight of IAF Mirages attack an airfield.

Was it the one where the MiG-19 comes in to land on the busted runway? I had that happen today with a MiG-21F-13 :haha:

I don't know... On that particular campaign mission, I visually noticed 1 MiG scrambling and another taxing to take off (just like a normal Number 2 in normal take off) as our flight were only a few miles from the airbase. Whether it was a scramble or a normal take off mission planed to take off upon our arrival, I don't know. But it was great for immersion!

It happened to me several times too.

wait...that would indicate a dynamic campaign...were losses are tracked and reduced from stocks...seems unlikely

Was it the one where the MiG-19 comes in to land on the busted runway?

Yeah that's the one.

wait...that would indicate a dynamic campaign...were losses are tracked and reduced from stocks...seems unlikely

That was already the case in WoE/SPF1, wasn't it?