Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

WoI Historic Mods Thread

I thought I might re-post this.

LloydNB

I love it.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. This is fun!!!

Here's a WIP. At least one IDF B-17 wore this skin in 1948. In 1956 two B-17s were put back in service with an all-over brown scheme. Not as interesting but I'll do that next.

LloydNB

post-2351-1207436534_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1207445986_thumb.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

Coming together, the main problem is converting the FSX animations to Strike Fighters/WOI ones as there are some differences in the way they're structured.

WyvernS4.jpg

I still have a Hangar Screen for that, looking for a home!! :haha:

WRench

kevin stein

Terrific addition to Suez. Not a pretty aircraft the Wyvern - not even a mother could love it.

Not a pretty aircraft the Wyvern - not even a mother could love it.

Too true, there's about two angles it looks alright from and the rest you can see why they called it 'The Beast'!!

Not a classic beauty by any means, but there is something epic about it, especially the turboprop.

Seems a lot of aircraft from that era were a little cranky looking. Still, I like the Wyvern. The Gannet too, very peculiar with it's two-engines and one prop! Both types do have a certain charm though.

Another WIP. This time an IDF B-17G during Suez. During Operation Kadesh, 2 B-17s were reactivated. By this time they were fully armed.

LloydNB

post-2351-1207556100_thumb.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

Nice one Lloyd!

Here's a few more French Mysteres posing as Israeli aircraft (default WOI model):

MystereIV_Suez.jpg

Edited by Johan217

Hinch

I can't wait to have this in the sim. Thank you for doing it.

Looks great Hinch, keep it up.

Hinch

I can't wait to have this in the sim. Thank you for doing it.

No problems. I have a soft spot for Ark Royal, but Eagle has always been my favourite RN carrier, so this is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

Hey Hinch check your user title in about 3 min,.....I thought of something for it.

Hey Hinch check your user title in about 3 min,.....I thought of something for it.

Heh! If I have a shipyard now, I'm going to need some virtual employees!.........

Oh, I remembered that I have a Daring Class destroyer that's been hanging around unfinished for the last 3 years or so. Still not satisfied with her, as decent drawings are hard to come by. But as she served during Suez, she might be useful.

img00108-1.jpg

Good Ship mate. Can't wait to see more.

Fantastic Ship!!

My next project is going to be a Syrian Texan for 1948. Here's a WIP.

LloydNB

post-2351-1208066463_thumb.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

Looks good, Can't wait. Does WOI have the new prop stuff like in First Eagles?

Quick question:

I'm having an issue with weapons in WOI... before installing 3rd party planes like F-14A and onthers, extracting weaponsdata.ini and editing it... then checking everything on WeaponEditor... the missiles and fuel tanks just doesnt work, even with them properly installed with skins and LOD files. Some times in long missisions I ran out of fuel without the extra tanks, and out of ammo without killers like AIM-120 or AIM-54. Thats odd!!!

Any sugestions to solve this?! :dntknw:

Best regards,

JohnnyD2

Quick question:

I'm having an issue with weapons in WOI... before installing 3rd party planes like F-14A and onthers, extracting weaponsdata.ini and editing it... then checking everything on WeaponEditor... the missiles and fuel tanks just doesnt work, even with them properly installed with skins and LOD files. Some times in long missisions I ran out of fuel without the extra tanks, and out of ammo without killers like AIM-120 or AIM-54. Thats odd!!!

Any sugestions to solve this?! :dntknw:

Best regards,

JohnnyD2

Johnny,

You have not provided enough specific information to help you. There are too many variables at this point to nail down the problem.

Have you referenced here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=9323

Have you insured you followed the steps EXACTLY?

Did you ensure the weapondata.ini and the weapondata.dat file is located in the Objects/Weapons directory?

Are you flying the right year for the weapons?

Do the weapon stations on the F-14 have AHM as a type of weapon that can be carried (they should)?

Did you use the right weapons editor?

You need to troubleshoot first. Is it specific weapons? Are all the aircraft affected? Only specific years?

We need more information...go ahead and start a new topic if you narrow down the problem and can't search for a solution.

FastCargo