Sign in to follow this  
Brainless

John Wayne

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude. That's the second time you've hit me. Don't ever do it again."

- Rio Bravo (1959)

Mr, you caused alot of trouble here today and someone oughta belt you in the mouth, but I wont, I wont, aww, the hell I wont!!

McClintock

"Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?"

Great pictures guys. I love 'em all especially this one it's a John Ford gem. Can't remember which film it's from just now ..well you know my Brainless memory.

Great pictures guys. I love 'em all especially this one it's a John Ford gem. Can't remember which film it's from just now ..well you know my Brainless memory.

The Searchers.

I can't tell you all the reverence I have for John Wayne. I grew up on his life and movies. I even recycled a recruit in basic for insulting him. You do not, mess with John Wayne.

The Searchers.

I can't tell you all the reverence I have for John Wayne. I grew up on his life and movies. I even recycled a recruit in basic for insulting him. You do not, mess with John Wayne.

When the Duke was making the Green Berets in Columbus, GA, I drove over one day after football practice at Auburn and actually got to shake his hand. He was coming off set in an US Army Huey after a long day. He walked over and spent time with everyone who had come out to see him and was just as personable and gracious as you might expect the man to be. Most of the Hollywood crowd I wouldn't cross the street to say hello to, but the Duke, he was and is something else.

When the Duke was making the Green Berets in Columbus, GA, I drove over one day after football practice at Auburn and actually got to shake his hand. He was coming off set in an US Army Huey after a long day. He walked over and spent time with everyone who had come out to see him and was just as personable and gracious as you might expect the man to be. Most of the Hollywood crowd I wouldn't cross the street to say hello to, but the Duke, he was and is something else.

God I miss him.

The first actual movie I saw on TV was a John Wayne film.

Not a comment but an observation. The Duke was the only person on earth who could intimidate the sun into setting over water instead of land in "The Green Berets" - Props to Savoy 6!