Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

The end of Night Hawk

:blink: OMG that's the time of Night Hawk, i hope it's release before it be retired in April

http://br.invertia.com/noticias/noticia.as...18_ASP_70725096

Trasnlation:

The article just says it will be retired in April and it tells about the F-117A story after 27 years of existence hehe

Edited by Silverbolt

Guest Bounder

well hope ya get your wish :yes: , I my self have never been really fond of the lil fake fighter. "A recent televised documentary quoted a senior member of the F-117A development team as saying that the top-notch fighter pilots required to fly the new aircraft were more easily attracted to an "F" plane, as opposed to a "B" or "A" aircraft.[16]"

but in her defense she was a great platform to experiment in stealth bombing.for a small craft

Armament

* 2× internal weapons bays with one hardpoint each (total of two weapons) equipped to carry:

o Bombs:

+ BLU-109 hardened penetrator

+ GBU-10 Paveway II laser-guided bomb

+ GBU-12 Paveway II laser-guided bomb

+ GBU-27 Paveway III laser-guided bomb

+ JDAM INS/GPS guided munition

So hope you get if soon as two I think are working on it (check search option to see who) :good:

Bye bye, love. Bye bye, F-117. Hello, F-22. I still can't believe that you could fly. Bye bye, my love, goodbye.

The Night Hawk was a fact in my childhood something like your grandma and grandpa. You never had in mind that`s this period will be over..... never. The same with the Tomcat. My childhood disapears more and more.

27 years? i tought it was much younger... silly me ^_^

too bad.. any successor Jet that we don't know about from skunk works? :D

27 years? i tought it was much younger... silly me ^_^

too bad.. any successor Jet that we don't know about from skunk works? :D

F-22 hehe :rofl:

The article just says it will be retired in April and it tells about the F-117A story after 27 years of existence hehe

So soon?!

Was it planned, or?

So soon?!

Was it planned, or?

no planed hehe Weird and so silent.

The article said too:

"A Força Aérea decidiu acelerar a aposentadoria do caça para receber fundos para modernizer o restante da frota. O F-117 está sendo substituído pelo F-22 Raptor, que também possui a tecnologia stealth e está sendo construído por Lockheed Metin, Boeing e United Technologies Corp.'s Pratt & Whitney. "

here:

"The AF decided to retire the fighter to get founds for another projects and modernizate the actual fleet, the F-117 is being replaced by F-22 Raptor who have Stealth tech"

"Foram feitos 59 F-117, sendo que 10 foram aposentados em dezembro de 2006 e outros 27 após isso. Sete aeronaves sofreram colisões, uma delas na Sérvia, em 1999. "

There was made 59 F-117, 10 was retired in december of 2006 and 27 after that, 7 aircrafts collided including the one Shooted down in serbia

Edited by Silverbolt

The F-117 was originally to stay in service longer, to be replaced along with the F-15E by a future long-range interdictor, one of which was mooted as the so-called "FB-22".

When it was decided the F-22 would have a significant ground attack role, in essence being capable of doing the F-15E/F-117 mission itself, it was decided there was no benefit to keeping the 117 around when the money could be used elsewhere.

The F-117 was originally to stay in service longer, to be replaced along with the F-15E by a future long-range interdictor, one of which was mooted as the so-called "FB-22".

When it was decided the F-22 would have a significant ground attack role, in essence being capable of doing the F-15E/F-117 mission itself, it was decided there was no benefit to keeping the 117 around when the money could be used elsewhere.

Then how much longer is the Beagle (Bomber Eagle [old time nickname]) going to be in service for?

Who knows at this point? Officially I recall that 2020 or so was to be the out of service date, but I'm not so sure now.