Sign in to follow this  
Spinners

Stock F-15 in Wings Over Israel

I've never really been a fan of the F-15 and rarely used it in Wings Over Europe.

After downloading Wings Over Israel over the weekend I've given it another go and I've been won over! What a sweet aircraft!

Just out of curiosity, is the WOI F-15 model the same as in WOE?

I've never really been a fan of the F-15 and rarely used it in Wings Over Europe.

After downloading Wings Over Israel over the weekend I've given it another go and I've been won over! What a sweet aircraft!

YEAH!!! Ain't it the truth... :yes:

After all.. The F-15 is the only combat proven military aircraft which has never been shot down in action...

Well I guess so... They're both the 'A' model...

Edited by Tomcat_ace

I like the fact that the stock F-15 shows the engine nozzles how they were meant to be (i.e. with the turkey feathers) as F-15's without them just look wrong. In the real world I feel that leaving them off just seems to be an admission of defeat!

There's some lovely add-on skins for the F-15 but, sadly, not many for the stock F-15.

I think so but I'm not too sure.

It feels different but I need to re-install WOE and try it as I've recently upgraded, which just might explain why I'm loving WOI and the F-15.

I like the fact that the stock F-15 shows the engine nozzles how they were meant to be (i.e. with the turkey feathers) as F-15's without them just look wrong. In the real world I feel that leaving them off just seems to be an admission of defeat!

There's some lovely add-on skins for the F-15 but, sadly, not many for the stock F-15.

I hate the engine nozzles on the F-15A before they were removed. They look just odd, but having grown up seeing both, I always prefered the ones without turkey feathers. The 3rd Wire F-15 is nice but I prefer the ones wpnssgt and I did and the ones the MF did. Avionics are much more advanced and correct than the stock ones.

From Joe Baugher

From the start of production, the F-15C dispensed with the engine exhaust "turkey feathers" which covered the variable nozzles, greatly simplifying the maintainence. However, by the time of the appearance of the F-15C, these had been deleted in the field from most of the in-service F-15As as well, so the presence or absence of engine nozzle turkey feathers is not necessarily a reliable external indicator of whether a single-seat Eagle is an A or a C.

After being stationed at Sheppard AFB for 4 years in the squadron that trained fighter crew chiefs, there were some civilian instructors who worked on the A with turkey feathers, and they cussed them and added a few other colorful words to describe them. One instructor said those turkey feathers added 3.5 hours of extra maint per one hour of flight time. I would assume they would get beat up badly when then F-15 went to full burner and had to be replaced often.

I have F-15C/D/E/K/I/J/ACTIVE + stock ones and since I got this game there wasn't a single day I played but didn't use atleast one F-15 :biggrin:

So, yeah I kinda like 'em...

Indeed.

I decided to give it a try myself and made a fictional desert color skin for the stock F-15A (WOE).

Might upload it this evening.

There's an Israeli one that I got working on the WOI Baz by renaming the .bmps and editing the decal.ini

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=3051

I tried to contact the author, zyzy6464, to ask if he wanted to amend and re-upload and offered to upload my amended copy (with full credit to him for the skin) but haven't heard anything back for a couple of weeks. It looks like he only ever made 2 posts here, unless he' uses another name.

Any suggestions?

I tried that one a few days ago and it doesn't fit/work (aircraft is totally white).

It does you have to rename the bmp's to the ones that the WOI uses.

F-15A_1 is used by WOE

F-15A_baz_1 is used by WOI

Change it to from F-15A_1 to F-15A_baz_1 and it works.

Doh!! That's becuase it's an RAF skin!!! Clearly stated in the readme, and everywhere else

Wrench

kevin stein

It does you have to rename the bmp's to the ones that the WOI uses.

Roger. Copy that.

It's work time this side of the pond so I'll have another go this evening.

Nice looking skin gerwin.

Doh!! That's becuase it's an RAF skin!!! Clearly stated in the readme, and everywhere else

Perhaps you should turn those readmes into comics...

It seemed to work for the M16. :tongue:

I understood that, it was not a comment to say the skin is wrong, not at all..

just my personal taste.

different 3d models

Here's Wrench's Pink F-15 skin gracing my stock Third Wire RAF Eagle F.1

PinkEagleF1.jpg