Will someone be so kind so as to extract the avionics ini from the stock F-15 of WoE. I cant work with the extractor for some reason so it will save me a lot of wishful thinking as I am very unsatisfied with the current 10 mile range for radar guided missiles. I want to up that to a more reasonable 20 miles or more as that saves getting into unecessary furballs especially when the enemy flies in superior numbers.

Bro i dont think they can send that out because its a core game file, but i could be mistaken, someone correct me if i am wrong.

Bro i dont think they can send that out because its a core game file, but i could be mistaken, someone correct me if i am wrong.

No I beg to disagree, if that were the case then the whole modding thing ought to be scuppered. Trust me I'm a law student so I know the copyright loop-hole. When they advertise open architecture it is entirely correct presume that they have consented to allow their customers and general audience to build on the game, so long as no monetary profits are reaped by way of re-selling the modded game without their prior knowledge.

But I appreciate the concern. Your ethics are admirable.

Trust me I'm a law student ...

Are we meant to be reassured by this?

I cant work with the extractor for some reason.

Why don't you try to explain exactly what prevents you from using the cat extractor?

Either that or learn to use the other radar modes. :wink:

Are we meant to be reassured by this?

well since the matter raised was a subject of copyright infringement I just thought I'd clear the air since Ive studied it in detail.

And yeah you are meant to be re-assured.So there!

Edited by Stick

Why don't you try to explain exactly what prevents you from using the cat extractor?

See I manage to extract everything from the Cat file. Then when I try and access the particular ini I want it doesnt respond. even when I go to to the location it is said to have been extracted to. it just sits there with its funny extractor logo cluttering up my folder

Im working on vista, by the way. Its inexplicable if you ask me.

Besides thanks anyway.a friend delivered the goods.

Thing is when your flying against a flanker you like to keep him at bay, or else he'll stick onto yer six like bee on honey?

Edited by Stick

Still issues with Vista that people seem reluctant to make the necessary fixes for, I see. More time in the KB is probably required here.

Ok, setting you extractor to win98 compatibility mode didn't help?? Placing the extractor shortcut on the desktop didn't help???

Remember, things from the "objects.cat" go directly into the /Objects folder.

As for core game file, only cats and lods are covered; inis, skins are fair game. "So it has been written, so it shall be done"

Wrench

kevin stein

you can't shoot in the other radar modes

You can also download splendid F 15's here at CombatAce and Column 5 with the avionics.ini available for modification right in the map ....

Just add more range settings to the [RadarDisplayACM] and you're there..... :scout:

Aju,

Derk :wink:

Still issues with Vista that people seem reluctant to make the necessary fixes for, I see. More time in the KB is probably required here.

Ok, setting you extractor to win98 compatibility mode didn't help?? Placing the extractor shortcut on the desktop didn't help???

Remember, things from the "objects.cat" go directly into the /Objects folder.

As for core game file, only cats and lods are covered; inis, skins are fair game. "So it has been written, so it shall be done"

Wrench

kevin stein

Nope. But Ill try that compatibility thing.Thanks for the heads up. Just reluctant coz I screwed the game dozens of times.

Edited by Stick

You can also download splendid F 15's here at CombatAce and Column 5 with the avionics.ini available for modification right in the map ....

Just add more range settings to the [RadarDisplayACM] and you're there..... :scout:

Aju,

Derk :wink:

I know Ive done that. But the stock F-15 has the feathers dude. its just a quirk. wouldnt you love to see your favourite lady in high heels if ya know what I mean

you can't shoot in the other radar modes

Ha I know we got some real smarties here!!!

I know Ive done that. But the stock F-15 has the feathers dude. its just a quirk. wouldnt you love to see your favourite lady in high heels if ya know what I mean

Pretty weak reason IMHO. That is well, rivet counting.

Pretty weak reason IMHO. That is well, rivet counting.

There you go getting all touchy again. My man Ill be honest not being able to alter the stock eagles ACM range has been a burr in my pants. So thats why Im kinda switching loyalties here. Not for long, you know where my heart lies big fella.

Yeah you are the best person to answer this can the Baz carry eight AIM 9's. Coz it sure does in the one here.

But I love blue LA skin for the MF Eagle.

Ha I know we got some real smarties here!!!

No comment! :tumbleweed:

No comment! :tumbleweed:

That ones for the advice to learn how to use the other modes

There you go getting all touchy again. My man Ill be honest not being able to alter the stock eagles ACM range has been a burr in my pants. So thats why Im kinda switching loyalties here. Not for long, you know where my heart lies big fella.

Yeah you are the best person to answer this can the Baz carry eight AIM 9's. Coz it sure does in the one here.

But I love blue LA skin for the MF Eagle.

It easy to edit the ACM ranges. You have to edit the avionics.ini. Are you looking for realism or fantasy? As far as my rivet counter comment, well I can see if the damn thing was carrying.....6 AIM-54's and it bothered you, or it had TVC on 360 nozzles, but saying I like turkey feathers and wont fly anything without it when there is better models available is just well...well....up to you...

To each his own Stick. I will still scratch my head and wonder why but still totally up to you. And that is the beauty of the sim.

It easy to edit the ACM ranges. You have to edit the avionics.ini. Are you looking for realism or fantasy? As far as my rivet counter comment, well I can see if the damn thing was carrying.....6 AIM-54's and it bothered you, or it had TVC on 360 nozzles, but saying I like turkey feathers and wont fly anything without it when there is better models available is just well...well....up to you...

Ha pissed you off again. Mission Accomplished!!!

Cant believe you are going after me for feathers.Sheesh.And its not like I wont fly without it. Ive tried your Eagles. Flown rings around Flankers in them, like Ive had this game for a year. This is just something I hadnt been able to do.

Edited by Stick

To each his own Stick. I will still scratch my head and wonder why but still totally up to you. And that is the beauty of the sim.

True and I respect that. Like I said this just something I hadnt done. So thats why im all hung up about it.

Ha pissed you off again. Mission Accomplished!!!

Cant believe you are going after me for feathers.Sheesh.And its not like I wont fly without it. Ive tried your Eagles. Flown rings around Flankers in them, like Ive had this game for a year. This is just something I hadnt been able to do.

Dude I am pulling your chain....have been for the last couple posts. Since you are so self conscious about it. :biggrin:

Dude I am pulling your chain....have been for the last couple posts. Since you are so self conscious about it. :biggrin:

Course I am. You are too.

Touche

High heels and feathers don't bring very much in air combat........... :haha:

Aju,

Derk :rofl:

High heels and feathers don't bring very much in air combat........... :haha:

Aju,

Derk :rofl:

Ha you aint seen the lady ima talking about. she well poke me eyes out.

Ok enough of the yap, by high heels all I meant was BVR ability.

So people please cut me some slack