Sign in to follow this  
slash

ramp start

the thing is i got this game like two days back...now i've seen plenty of vids on ramp starts on youtube n stuff, but i've been trying DESPERATELY to figure out how to start on the ground and in my hangar in the first place!i tried going to the edit mission section and then action>takeoff. but thats the farthest i could get-on the runway, instead of a plane flying already when i would start a missionn...so m8s i wondered from where exactly do i have to select what exactly so that i have a falcon babes waiting for me in the hangar den right at the start..!!

thx

Start with the training missions and stick your jet to be invulnerable.

Work through each training mission exactly as described in the manual

You will find the exact instructions for the RAMP start are in the manual also - including every single button you need to press

After you have learnt some of the basics then there is lots of useful info at http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/

If you want to run the sim at realistic level in the future theres a lot to learn

good luck

loooool!!!u guys didnt get my question it seems :biggrin: .i didnt ask HOW TO START A PLANE IN THE HANGAR..but HOW TO GET TO THE HANGAR m8s.as in, wht do i do BEFORE actually launching the mission so that my plane is IN the hangar ready for a ramp start...i always have my mission started with my plane already in the air

yeah even in the campaign.it just started with my plane on the runway with the avionics and engines on...not in the hangar

i am sure theres an option u need to toggle before launching the mission that would put u in the hangar right at the onset..isnt it so?i just cant find it..looked like hell for it..but all in vain.

i have posted this pic here just so that i can explain myself more explicitly. all u can see here is the takeoff option by best..no option that would suggest u that u would start on the hangar.

post-33645-1206947458_thumb.jpg

Its not where you are looking in that screenshot

When you click on the "Fly" button to start a campaign mission you should get 3 pictures:

Ramp - Click on this picture if you have more than 25 mins before your take off slot - Most of the time is needed to allign the INS

Taxi - Click on this picture if you have more than 2 mins to takeoff - you start on the taxiway with everything on

Runway - Under 2 mins you have to use this option - you start on the runway with everything on

hope this helps

but now that ive learnt to ramp start(n hey its quite EASY..n i am a noob)i cant seem to steer my a/c on the taxiway.any help? :dntknw:

^ ^ oh my apologies, i managed to fig out how to steer as well now.lol

Ah yes, the dreaded "NWS off" realization as you taxi into the dirt. :grin:

Ah yes, the dreaded "NWS off" realization as you taxi into the dirt. :grin:

loool!yea man exactly!so wht i did was i ran a srch on google "how to steer a plane on taxiway" and it showed something like NWS activation...even after that i had a hard time finding this NWS,so i went through the manual and found out its on the D console, i started the game for the umpteenth time but still couldnt find it...!!finally i ran a google IMAGE search on "NWS in f16" n lol, i found out its on the planes stick..i knew i would get my answer from google since f4 is a sim n it should be closest to the real deal.

P.S:this shows one flaw in the manual...D console doesnt have NWS

Guest Bounder

I located a ramp start trainer , but don't know how to upload it its 4.53 mb in a zip file

Edited by Bounder

Its not where you are looking in that screenshot

When you click on the "Fly" button to start a campaign mission you should get 3 pictures:

Ramp - Click on this picture if you have more than 25 mins before your take off slot - Most of the time is needed to allign the INS

Taxi - Click on this picture if you have more than 2 mins to takeoff - you start on the taxiway with everything on

Runway - Under 2 mins you have to use this option - you start on the runway with everything on

hope this helps

How do we get those 25 minutes to ramp start?

How do we get those 25 minutes to ramp start?

You have to choose a mission that is 25 minutes or more "game time" before takeoff time, and you have to click "fly" before the game enters that 25 minute span.