Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

Any fishermen, or ladies, here...?

fishin.jpg

Whats yur biggest fish and what do you like most about fishin?

For me, its being out there relaxin and my biggest I can remember are a 10 lb Pike, 4 lb smallmouth, and a 3 1/2 lb German brown. :good:

And that sums it up right there. I mean other then catching a fish....but that might be too much work.

389 lb Bluefin Tuna (as an angler).

As a captain, my crew released a 300-400 lb Blue Marlin last Summer. I had one on that may have been a "grander" (1,000 lbs or greater), for a few minutes, back in August of 2006.

I derive just as much enjoyment putting others onto fish, as I do from actually fighting them myself. It's the thrill of the hunt, of putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

On the freshwater front, there's a reservoir just a few minutes from my home that's home to some large and rather ferocious Tiger Muskies (Pike/Muskellunge hybrids), though I've not really taken advantage of that...stupid me... :mellow:

389 lb Bluefin Tuna (as an angler).

As a captain, my crew released a 300-400 lb Blue Marlin last Summer. I had one on that may have been a "grander" (1,000 lbs or greater), for a few minutes, back in August of 2006.

I derive just as much enjoyment putting others onto fish, as I do from actually fighting them myself. It's the thrill of the hunt, of putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

On the freshwater front, there's a reservoir just a few minutes from my home that's home to some large and rather ferocious Tiger Muskies (Pike/Muskellunge hybrids), though I've not really taken advantage of that...stupid me... :mellow:

:blink:

OMG im a completly amateur, btw i never go to a fish in sea.

I once spent a full weekend carp fishing with an ex bf.

Nothing to it, sit in the tent all day, drink beer and wait for the bite alarms to start buzzing.

I tried to reel one in but I did it wrong and the fishing wire snapped.

So endeth my first and only (I hope) fishing trip.

The fishing part was a bit rubbish, but the rest was ok :biggrin:

I do remember it rained a lot so I hardly came out of the tent. Ended up feeling really grimy. It was a bit like a good music festival without the music, you know tents and stuff, eating pot noodles and peeing in the grass.

I won't knock anyone who goes fishing because those that do obviously derive a lot of pleasure from it, but it's not for me. Still, I gave it a go. Gotta try everything once I suppose. :wink:

I go pike fishing here in wales...River Wye and my biggest pike was 25 and a half pounds....caught several to 20lb that day......

largest Barbel...12lb 9 ounces...chub...7lb....3lb Roach...Carp...38lb....

Edited by russouk2004

I once spent a full weekend carp fishing with an ex bf.

Nothing to it, sit in the tent all day, drink beer and wait for the bite alarms to start buzzing.

I tried to reel one in but I did it wrong and the fishing wire snapped.

So endeth my first and only (I hope) fishing trip.

The fishing part was a bit rubbish, but the rest was ok :biggrin:

I do remember it rained a lot so I hardly came out of the tent. Ended up feeling really grimy. It was a bit like a good music festival without the music, you know tents and stuff, eating pot noodles and peeing in the grass.

I won't knock anyone who goes fishing because those that do obviously derive a lot of pleasure from it, but it's not for me. Still, I gave it a go. Gotta try everything once I suppose. :wink:

Oh Nicky, sounds like you did not properly prepare for the trip....

Step 1: Properly pitch and organize your tent, make sure that you have at least the bare essentials close at hand (TV remotes, snacks, beverages, etc.)

gallery_279_157_116769.jpg

Step 2: Make sure that you set up your sleeping bag on a flat and dry surface (remember, one does not need to really "rough it" in this area)

gallery_279_157_20032.jpg

Step 3: One must ensure that at least (once again) the barest of essentials for a succesful fishing trip are present and accounted for, and properly laid out for rapid deployment.

gallery_279_157_6540.jpg

Despite all the above, one must learn to be be satisfied with the smallest of "keepers"

gallery_279_157_72097.jpg

My god, how the other half lives eh !

30# Chinook Salmon on Paw Paw River in SW Michigan. Fought it for about 40 minutes....seem like all damn day. I was 16

Russo, sounds like some good pike fishing! I keep hearing about the 30lber in the river around here but aint seen him...yet.

Fubar, if there is a fishing boy scout, you have got to be it. Man, talk about being prepared! In style even...LOL!

Persoanlly, I like my 14 foot aluminum boat with 10 horse, a couple rod holders, and Im not talkin about my feet, a couple beers, a dozen worms, a sunny day, my fishin partner; ie, the wife, and my day is well spent.

Respect to all you rod and line fishermen/ ladies, I guess it can be really relaxing and tranquil.

My personal fishing passion is though, is more like a fps or flight sim as it is lock & load, search and destroy and sometimes escape & evasion (Sharks & Sea Lions!!). Here in the cool (read cooold) waters of Sthn NZ we spearfish great eating Butterfish amongst the kelp -pick your fish for dinner rather than wait for them to come to you & never catch undersize by mistake.

Never weighed one, but can grow up to 700mm long & biggest we got would be approx 650mm.

This one is an average size (would be approx 450mm).post-22824-1209076646_thumb.jpg -Yum!

seriously - those are some fine, fine catches!! Wish I were there.....

:good:

Probably the big German brown in the picture or it could have been one of the countless stealheads Ive caught or maybe on of the million cutthroat or that big 11 pound bass back in 2003 I almost had the state record but some gal beat me out with a 15 pounder.post-24696-1209080082_thumb.jpg

6' brown shark last year. right in the surf lol the tourist's were flippin there lids lol! it was in maby 4 feet of water. hatteras island is funny like that....

I don't like it when the boat stops. My idea of fishing is to bring the food and drinks but keep driving the boat all over the place at high speed! :biggrin: