Throughout this period of time during which I have been through all the excitment and thrills the games have given me primaritly I believe due to the outstanding graphics compared to those I played before and the easy modding which is one of the great properties of this series of games.

I wish to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt apologies to those who out of my naive understanding of the game and its background are offended by my online manner and language which afterall I must admit is not my first language I mean English.

I AM TRULY SORRY! I PRAY GOD GIVE ME THE STRENGTH NOT TO DO THAT AGAIN AND WISH THAT THE GAME WILL PROGRESS WITH MORE AND MORE LOVELY AND AMAZING FEATURES IN THE FUTURE IN CONTRIBUTION TO THE FLIGHT SIMULATION GENRE WHICH IS GETTING QUIET ONE OF THESE DAYS.

I also like to apologize for the mistakes and overlooking of some of the already known materials and knowledge which ultimately leads to my childish wordings hurting many of you who are so enthusiastic devoting your effort to improve and develop the games. I AM SORRY.

Best regards

Basher11

Hey! We all have our wish lists for this series and a lot of times we think how 'easy' it should be to put these features into the sim. as you can tell, it is more of a question of TK's vision and the balancing of resourses that determin the finished product. The best part to me is that the sim can be modded and added to to make a great even 'new' sim. I can't mod or do any of the great things that are a part of this community, but I can enjoy their work. It is never above a man to say that he is wrong or to apologize. It is still great to have you in this community! :good::clapping:

Start modding, and all will be forgiven. :yes:

The only one's who "can't" mod are those who don't try. It doesn't take much to learn to contribute something. I can't afford 3DS Max, but I can fiddle with inis and I can paint. Others like Lex wrench and brain32 (to name a few) have done wonders with terrain. There are many areas in which one can start, it just takes a desire to learn. :good: I may have another contrbution myself in the near future. :wink:

Edited by drdoyo

The only one's who "can't" mod are those who don't try. It doesn't take much to learn to contribute something. I can't afford 3DS Max, but I can fiddle with inis and I can paint. Others like Lex wrench and brain32 (to name a few) have done wonders with terrain. There are many areas in which one can start, it just takes a desire to learn. :good: I may have another contrbution myself in the near future. :wink:
As some even most may know, I've lost most of the use of my fingers and my hands shake too much to attempt to mod or even try to do some .ini editing, my wife does all my typing (Bless Her Heart)! I'd love to contribute something other than my financial support, but we do what we can right? (At this rate my wife could start modding soon :biggrin: She is a wiz at adding objects for me!)

Look, you never hurt or offended anyone, you just irritated some of us, which doesn't mean you were doing something "wrong", you were just over-enthusiastic and lacking proper restraint, patience and understanding of what you were dealing with.

We've all been like that at a time or another, and we're not asking you to refrain your enthusiasm, we need motivated players willing to modd the game and push its limits.

What we don't need is people affirming the existence of a problem that does not really exist, either because it is out of the scope of the sim, or would not make sense operationnally.

So just take your time to learn the game, understand its mechanics, read the very good articles on the Knowledge Base (even though it is in a somewhat broken state at the moment), learn about the way air wars are thought and fought, the planes and missiles involved, and then proceed to methodically mod things, while trying to avoid hacks and cheats (like you AIM-120 seeker modification) so the game won't completely break with another patch enhancing or changing that particular aspect of the sim.

Language is not a problem, a lot of us don't have english as our native language, mine is french, we also have a lot of other europeans, chineses, indians etc...

You just have to remember that while you may be new to the game, the SF community is mostly a community of old hands...

Old simmers who started in the 80's...

Old (or still active) military fliers who actually did the real thing...

Old modders, for whom SF is just another game to modd...

Old SF players, who played the game from the time it didn't even have clouds...

We all have years behind us that made your agitation irritating, because we knew you were wrong, most said nothing, or too politely, because we need your enthusiasm, but most just wished you would learn and stop wasting your time, and other peoples time, with what, to us, amounts to non-problems.

So, you now start with a clean slate, by all means keep the enthusiasm and the fire, just keep down the assertiveness when it comes to identify something as broken and do just that little bit of research that will make the game, modding and blending with the community that much easier.

BTW, I'm nobody ^^ I'm just good at talking, playing and modding for my own purpose without giving back much (rights clearance always being my pet peeve, but I've seen Dave mention that the community was moving from a freeware type licencing to a free software one, which might end up with the unleashing of my horrible experiments some day), there are a lot of better people you SHOULD listen to when they say something though (I won't name names as I would forget hundreds of great people around here and don't want to spoil or hurt egos :wink: j/k).

Oh, and I hope I didn't came out as too agressive when I tried to explain why you BVR experiments and expectations were "wrong", I do have that tendency to be a little too nasty and give people the impression I'm assaulting them, if I gave that impression, please accept my apologies too.

Edited by Gunrunner

Wait a second,,,dont senior members Get to be buttheads if they want to?

:huh:

j/j

Edited by gwar

Merci Gunrunner - I must say that your English is a bit too good - would never have guessed it was a second language!

Basher - nothing wrong with being enthusiastic - its good to see really besides everyone has to start somewhere. You will find that a lot can be changed in this series of games, but there are still limits enforced by the games overall design and scope. If you can find a way around these limitations as others have done in the past then good for you - that is part of the fun of modding after all.