Wow, I'm digging this Mig! It's kinda giving me the impression of a Soviet Thud.

:good: 76 that's pretty good. What LOD did you use for the intake?

I have been pretty focused on playing SWG so i missed this, but that model looks great! I had never seen that type of MiG before, i really like it. Good Work! :good:

Any sugestions about Loadout and weapon number?! I need some real MiG pro`S

I think that Pictures witch you want doesn't exist because it was only a prototype. I have some artictles about this bird at home and I check for this information.

I'm not sure but they want name this aircraft MiG-23 and You know when russians make a new project of aircraft they make new radar , missiles etc for him.

I think that it can be equipted witch two R-23 missile - i'll check this ide at home

Amazing one!! Thank's for your work man!

In 1960 during design phase the airplane had designation as MiG-23 since it was designed for S-23 armament complex. S-23 complex included: "Sapfir-1" radar with pulse radiation (at the second phase - "Sapfir-II" with quasicontinuous radiation), two K-23 missiles, ASP-PF sight, infra-red direction finder "Spektr". In 1961 the aircraft E-8 was designated as MiG-21M since TsD-30TP radar, infra-red sight "Samotsvet" and two K-13 missiles were installed on this aircraft because S-23 armament complex was not ready....

from: http://www.testpilot.ru/russia/mikoyan/e/8/e8_e.htm

It seems it has only two pylons, will add some details to the nose and make a new Tailpart cause there is something missing.

- may I ask what terrain are you using in those screen shots?

- obscure airplanes are always a treat!

Any sugestions about Loadout and weapon number?! I need some real MiG pro`S

Ok here is what I found: :cool:

Mikojan start this project in 1960. First flight 17 april 1962

They wont name it MiG-23

radar: sapfir-23

weapons: 2 AAM K-23:

R-23R SAHM range 16-18km

R-23R/T mixed! SAHM and IR guidence range 14-16km (They wont make first simply R-23T)

IMPORTANT:both of this missiles may based on R-3S and have mas about 150 kg

-they are never made!!

BUT: first production version of this "MiG-23" may had Sapfir-21 radar and 2 R-3S/R misiles

Other aemament: 2x500 kg bomb and 600l tank under fuselage.

My proposition: Make this plane like the first production series or: it has that same wings like MiG-21PF so You can ad him four pylons under wing like latest version of MiG-21 + fuselage station for tank

NOTA BENE: In 1962 Mikojan start E-8M projec -without canards and with 2 side air intake...

All this project are canceled in1963 when real MiG-23 project start...

Terrain it`s a good question, I think it`s a Isreal terrain, real size and repaint by Gepard not sure.

@ Ciacho Thanks for the Data, was thinkin abou create this plane from scratch, until than it`S a placeholder.

LOD looks great. I can't find an existing LOD for this.

That`S a russian T-49

76, that's Pasko's Su-9 you have there, with narrow forward fuselage.

Do you have Pasko's Su-11. It has the much wider diameter nose...

Su-11-3.jpg

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Yes I have it I thought it`s easier to form it with the Su-9 Fuselage than with the one from Su-11 hope you like the result!

It looks fantastic, and I think your right. The T-49 forward fuselage diameter would narrow quickly without the nose inlet.

That is a sticky problem. The Su-9 is better suited for this, but everything else I guess is like the Su-11 model, pylons, fuselage spines, etc.... Ugh, I didn't tink of this.

Crissy-kopfpatsch.gif

All I need is to change the metal effect, or implement the metal effect into my LOD`s but how, I saw something with the Hex editor but it`s not practicable on my modells?! Does someone knows a solution?!

this is madness! awesome work!

I need some help with this addon,. when you look at this pic you the back of the canopy is filled with metal (decal maybe) of the Mig CZ, but I couldn`t find it. Need advice what to do to have this to. And I want to attache new bar to the canopy with the help of decals like in the F-110 wraith addon.

Who can help me with this?

Mirage Factory's Fishbed was built that way, for that model.

There was a 'decal fix' for the Indian AF Type 74 (?)...I remember seeing it today in the downloads section...but can't remember where; maybe 'Templates and Decals'???

Figuring out the mesh name and postion can be a real pain...as I remember from the Wraith!. Don't forget, too, I cheated a little and used a modified Scooter Hump to fill in part of it.

Wrench

kevin stein