Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

Updated Korea terrain

No need to hurry too much, there's still things to do...

I need help with targets...badly :doh:

I may have something for you there, albeit on a smaller scale map, and designed with 1948-1955 in mind...

Wrench

kevin stein

Thx Wrench all help with targets is greatly appriciated, I'll send you a PM...

Thank's Stary, my hat off!!

Holy cow!!!

that is real outstanding!

:shok:

That looks amazing.

Ditto!!

Oh, guys :shout:

New tilesets, new tree mod and new target areas :yahoo: Thank you poeple for your work :grin:

I started celebration with adding three legends to my Korea install - my old dream in campaign :grandpa:

Royal Navy stars :cool:

Seafire 47:

F47.jpg

Firefly 5:

Firefly.jpg

And Sea Fury 11:

SeaFury.jpg

With your new mods, new F-86 Sabres pack and awaited new Mig-15 mod with cockpit will be Korean skies favourite for many pilots :crazy:

Edited by kukulino

Just thinking out loud again. Was wondering if it was worth the effort to create a modern Korean conflict (ala Falcon 4/AF). Granted it would be limited to what this sim allows, but the updated graphics would be pretty killer.

Storm

Storm,

Back to your original question. YES!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

I use the Push too Far Campaign alot.

But it seems like a new modern Korea campaign to compliment the new terrain is in order.

Let me know if you need a tester.

Beautiful shots Kuk! I want the Korea carrier ops now! :yes:

Stary is right!! Amazing addition will be If is possible to publish it

Mmm guys, I just added these three birdies and carrier into standard Korean install, mixed with Red Falcon add on.

Korean Air War Complete Mod:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1494

Red Falcon Korean War add on:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1902

Korean War Mod Update:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=3329

There are carrier ops included. But just for USN.

I used Hinchinbrookes HMS Bulwark in HMS Triumph and HMS GLory role: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...mp;showfile=663

BTW Firefly, Seafire and Sea Fury are placed on Capuns site.

Edited by kukulino

I'm affraid I lost my Seafire package during data transfer. Capun's site requires account :mellow:

It's not a pay account, it' s just a sign up account.

Just shoot him an email, or go through the Forum's first thread (right on the log-in page). May take a day or 3 to reply.

Wrench

kevin stein

Do I have to do anything with the terrain for it to support carriers or do campaign guys do that?

Do I have to do anything with the terrain for it to support carriers or do campaign guys do that?

Hi Brain32 :biggrin:

I am not terrain guru. But if I want add working carrier with its own squadrons, I need edit these files:

Korean War.ini - add squadron/unit, start date/text, ServiceXXX=xxxxxxxx, UnitID etc.

Korean War_DATA - add squadron and carrier unit

korea_targets.ini - this is from Korea terrain. Add [TargetAreaXXX] for carrier. Personally I use USN target areas for Royal Navy

Do not know if is needed edit korea_movement.ini when I want add new [TargetAreaXXX] for new carrier.

Conclusion:

Man who wants add carrier into campaign must edit needed ini files. You do not need do anything with the terrain for it to support carriers or do campaign guys do that. If I understand it right, of course.

And there is another legend in Korea: Corsair in AU-1 version. F4U-4 is included in Korean war campaign. But attack AU-1 not. I am not sure if AU-1 served on carriers. It is strong attack plane (as we all know).

AU-1.jpg

Download from C6: http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/in...ail&ID=4433

For Corsairs units is usable MAC by Hinchinbrooke model in CVE-XX role too: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1667

And another possible plane... Mig-9... :rolleyes:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5420

Edited by kukulino

Don't forget the Yak-9, as NK had some of those.

There's also the 'possibility' of Yak-15s, or 23s as show in a famous RG Smith paining of a F3D Skynight downling a Yak. I can post the painting, if anyone is interested ... it definatley has the Yak shape.

And for annoyance, my Purelykrapov PU-2 biplane (mod of the Sterman) for Bed-check Charlie

Wrench

kevin stein

Don't forget the Yak-9, as NK had some of those.

There's also the 'possibility' of Yak-15s, or 23s as show in a famous RG Smith paining of a F3D Skynight downling a Yak. I can post the painting, if anyone is interested ... it definatley has the Yak shape.

And for annoyance, my Purelykrapov PU-2 biplane (mod of the Sterman) for Bed-check Charlie

Wrench

kevin stein

Yes, Yak-9U is included in original Korea install and La-11 is included in Red Falcon campaign for Korean terrain. If there are somewhere historical notes about Yak-15/23 it is great add them as single squadron with few aircrafts. Another goodie is P-82 Twin Mustang for example or Tu-4 or Invader for example. To get various campaign with new nice terrain repaint with trees and targets areas.

When Korean update will be released than will be everything about Korean theatre welcomed, I think :biggrin:

Edited by kukulino

i can't wait to get this terrain *.*

im tired to play that old korea terrain =/ the cityes(are all targets) are cool, but the terrain :/

Don't hesistate Brain, post them :wink:

Will post when new WiP stuff becomes showable :D

Will post when new WiP stuff becomes showable :D

(Obeys Brain's orders, and goes back to work)