Sign in to follow this  
Julhelm

Hillary's Downfall

Can I be the token liberal for bipartisanship (tripartisanship?) I'll get the Navy back a real air to air fighter and our ground troops a new rifle.

And its not so much that taxes really ever need raising, its people need to spend it more wisely. Can anyone really believe the county executive's nephew really could have revamped a section of highway cheaper and faster than anyone else? And don't forget that $700 hammer. Won't a $5 hammer from sears do just fine?

And its not so much that taxes really ever need raising, its people need to spend it more wisely.

I love it when agreeement is reached.

wow. President?

:blink:

I think I'll be heading for one of those "undisclosed locations" real fast......!!!!

Thanks guys!!

pretty good for a no-politics forum....

:rofl:

"And its not so much that taxes really ever need raising, "

he gets it!!!!

:good::clapping:

right down the supply side economics of John F Kennedy!!!

I've long suspected that you had closet-conservative leanings on occasion.....

:biggrin:

"My health is fine as long as I have the medicine to keep my body from eating itself."

tough way to stay on a diet!! and you really trust Hillary to take care of you?

Edited by Typhoid

Hardly, but the *itch or Obama are less risky than McCain when it comes to healthcare. Let our European and canadian friends settle the dispute over quality of care in socialized medicine.

Nothing wrong with profit, only when its excess gets in the way of solving important problems. Not crap at all. Until he got a teaching job my father was stuck working in a Home Depot, not minimum wage, but damn close to it. That is after being unable to get any contracts either due to age or being outbid by Indian firms (He's also in IT as a consultant)

Nope, I'm just not an idealogue, or a pacifist. No one side is entirely right in all situations.

Actually, make me president and give me a 50/50 split congress. They love my "skip the BS, fix the problem now" approach in Model UN as opposed to my friends who'll spend their time with all the political dealings and underhanded maneuverings. Cut simple solutions right down the middle.

Healthcare? Privately owned and operated, doctors and the patient are the only ones that can decide treatment and as long as people pay their monthly insurance bills, HMOs are prohibited from dropping coverage. People can opt out of coverage to make things cheaper. Guidelines for malpractice cases, but not hard caps. IE common sense, if a nurse gives you a dose of tylenol meant for the person in the other bed and it has no adverse effect, you get zip. But if a mistake does real harm (like a heart attack, or lost limb etc), move directly to go and collect $$.

Immigration? No amnesty or throwing everyone out. Fix our visa system so our Southern friends can come to work legally without the difficulties that make them sneak in.

Gay rights? confer the legal benefits, just not actual marriage, leave that up to religious institutions. Really, the legal/financial end has nothing to do with any moral perspective.

Security? real preventative measures instead of illusion and privacy invasion.

Aircraft hijackings- Locked cockpits and one way communication from cockpit to rest of the plane, if someone tried to take over, they simply can't get in. Nor can they force a pilot to let them in by threatening to harm anyone in back. They wouldn't even know of an attempted hijacking, they'd simply get orders from ground control to land at X airport and not go to any gates. SWAT, Delta, Seal Team 6, FBI HRT or whoever can take it from there.

Ports and infrastructure owned by America. I heard of an admiral's plan for cargo inspection that I particularly liked. Currently, ships are docked before even the 4% of containers that are inspected, get inspected. Should a terrorist group seek to smuggle in a nuke, chemical or biological weapon, they could set it off in port to much the same effect before we even have a chance to check.

Set up offshore platforms along the coast to inspect incoming ships. They have to stop for inspection as they come, anyone who doesn't stop gets blown out of the water. Inspect the ships that stop. That way, said nuke would be caught if they try to set it off, it will be miles off shore before it gets anywhere near where it can do serious damage. It will slow imports, but that way we can reduce our trade deficit, and its an incentive to produce and buy American products again!

Bring back the F-14 for the navy! More correctly an AFX. a la F-14E/F "Shadow Cat" Good old F-14 redesigned with stealth and raptor/JSF avionics.

License build by an American company the XM8 or G36 with some minor alterations for changed requirments (and preferably a little higher muzzle velocity)

Incentives for keeping all operations in America and for putting carbon fiber into widespread use where it can replace petroleum based products and in cars instead of steel. Lighter cars that are just as strong(or stronger) with greatly improved fuel economy -> reduces demand and rate of consumption, allowing more time to develope alternatives.

Do I get to keep my guns Don?

Do I get to keep my guns Don?

Sure, I will declare open season on libs.

Oh dear! just when we were starting to agree on some points. Now where did I leave my Barrett M82?

This is gonna be a tough race, eraser vs Typhoid/Column5

muahaha not after my plan to swift-jet them!

That's OK...eraser ain't old enough to be pres! :wheelchair:

LOL well maybe youth in the whitehouse will be good for us

swift-jet?

cute.....

bring it on my friend!!

:cool:

OMG This is funny

I think I'll barricade myself inside my house this November whilst clinging to my guns and religion.

Somehow I don't believe either will prove very useful then.

At the very least, Hillary got some immortality with her own statue in Liberty City... :rolleyes: