Sign in to follow this  
Marcfighter

Mil Mi-8 Hip - Marcfighters

Ok I will add some lights, post the fix here on CA and create a gun cause a extra gun is akways good! So you can have a UN transport heli and a military with and without gun!! I think it`s a good idea...

Yes, it's less notable in helicoplane. I found out that if I direct thrust down in that mode and make my speed fall below 100km/h rockets turn off. Then I accelerate (without touching the vector or throttle - just by pitch) and at 132-3km/h one fires and they're unlocked until speed falls below 100 again. There's a border below 100 which unlocks launch too but have'nt fiured it out yet. Should try with unlimited ammo I guess :rolleyes:

Ok I don't really know what happens (lock / unlock) but I figured out that it's definetly a WOI game engine issue. I did same tests in WOI and WOE SP4, I never got the issue in WOE :blink: ....

Edited by kreelin

Hmm.. one of the under the hood changes I suppose. Like introducing extra values for automatically extendable lift surfaces.

I wish TK would give more detailed changelog... and released another ptach.

Ok I don't really know what happens (lock / unlock) but I figured out that it's definetly a WOI game engine issue. I did same tests in WOI and WOE SP4, I never got the issue in WOE :blink: ....

TK added a automatic Master Arm On/Off function with WOI....you cant fire guns or release any ordance while on the ground, I guess theres something in the

helo data ini which is causing some trouble....

Um ok there is a few issues but I am getting a little irritated at the nit picking. So can it now. Don't like it, delete but quit tearing it apart over lights and a few cockpit switches. If you have problem with what I am saying....PM me.

Great Job once again Marcelo and team.

Blackbird, create two copies of Hip. One with FM for AI one for yourself. You can switch aircraft at the loadout screen.

TK added a automatic Master Arm On/Off function with WOI....you cant fire guns or release any ordance while on the ground, I guess theres something in the

helo data ini which is causing some trouble....

In fact you can have the same issue with stock planes too... That's what I figured out last night :wink: .

Edited by kreelin

I was thinkin the same about creating an AI Mi-8 for my wingman.. This addon is great.

I wouldn`t say there is a nitpicking, this is just to improve this baby ;-) look at wrench he creates so many light mods for so many planes .. and other stuff... and everything starts like this here...

Impresive Marc !!!! :minigun: Russian Air Assault -sounds good :good:

In fact you can have the same issue with stock planes too... That's what I figured out last night :wink: .

Did you report it to TK?

Is it possible to change the thrust input?! Just reverse it and you will have a heli style Trhottel ...

You can REVERSE Throttle settings by changing the control.ini. Look to the lines like "Range Control" and find throttle or thrust. Than you can change the line with REVERSE=... to True. I`m not at my Game PC right now, so I don`t remember the exact text... Hope this helps.

How do I can make the MI-8 with AI FM available for the loadout screen? I just copied the Mi-8 aircraft folder with original *data.ini and changed the aircraft description to Mil Mi-8 AI in Mi8.ini. But the game don`t find this "Aircraft". The game regognized the Mi-8 with ADV only... What I have to change?

Greetings

btw. Great work Marcfighter and especially Kreelin!

Edited by EagleEye

The "nam.ini" has to be the same name as the folder..

example:

Mi-8 <--- the original

Mi-8 AI <--- new folder, than you have to change the Mi-8.ini into Mi-8 AI.ini and change the entry in this ini.. that`S it

I want to change the inout entry in the Mi-8 data.. not the whole controle ini

I'd also recommend changing player's Mi-8 name (full aircraft name in the ini - the one displayed in menus) to something recognizable - we never see this craft's type designation on hud anyway.

Great model. Fantastic skins (make sure you download both the WOE and WOI versions, even if you don't have one of the games). And a new pilot as a bonus.

Thanks very much.

It's such a joy to fly, i'm loving it. Thanks a lot Kreelin and co. :clapping:

Just took it up for a quick flight. It CTD'd on the Range, but worked fine on the default WoI terrain. I've got both FMs installed on separate aircraft so that I can fly the ADV and my wingman has the standard helicoplane.

Since this is representative of a Mi-8 Hip-C, has anyone figured out a true countermeasures package? They were supposedly configured with an IR jammer, plus chaff/flares, but I couldnt not find an exact number for each.

Storm

Just took it up for a quick flight. It CTD'd on the Range...

You have to change the "NationName" on the Range

You have to change the "NationName" on the Range

Whoops, forgot to use Red Range. duh...

Thanks

Just took it up for a quick flight. It CTD'd on the Range, but worked fine on the default WoI terrain. I've got both FMs installed on separate aircraft so that I can fly the ADV and my wingman has the standard helicoplane.

Since this is representative of a Mi-8 Hip-C, has anyone figured out a true countermeasures package? They were supposedly configured with an IR jammer, plus chaff/flares, but I couldnt not find an exact number for each.

Storm

early upgrades were the ASO-32 dispensers mounted below the tailboom, two dispensers fire to the left and the other two to the right ( same modification as on early Hind models )

capacity was 4x32 cartridges

the shallow object underneath the middle of the tailboom, behind the bigger doppler housing.. thats the early 4-pack dispensers setup

afghanistan-air-4.jpg

close-up of the 4-pack, mounted on a Hind

kandahar-mi%2024.jpg

the later version uses the same modification as on later Hind models ( no surprise huh ), which is three ASO-32 dispenser each side, mounted in stacks of 3, on the rear fuselage in a position aft and above the weapon suspension.

capacity 6x32

dispensers are aboove the red star

MI-8-afghan-1.jpg

the IR jammer was mounted on top of the cabin, aft of the rotor mast, very similar position as on Hinds

pics above are from www.ruswar.com , btw.