Sign in to follow this  
eraser_tr

Poll: Most powerful / moving game moments

Getting out more is highly overrated. Maybe its me, but I just don't enjoy overpaying for small ammounts of alcohol, being deaf for hours and stuck in crowds so dense I can't tell who grabbed my ass. Or put up with people like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w0c0DOLrsw (actually made nearby)

Oh I get to see a lot of idiots like that, they're a Universal no matter where you're from !

Nothing wrong with an "anonymous ass grab" :biggrin: and I'm still in the "if your ears aren't ringing after a night out you haven't had a night out" brigade. :wink:

Still I'll concede I probably haven't played any emotionally moving games really, it all depends on the ambient music, your mood at the time I expect and whether you "connect" with the subject matter.

Hey, must be the sign of a good game then if it can affect you that way. Same as a good film or piece of music.

Sanitarium. Second chapter in which a small town has been "invaded" by some plant-like alien who killed all the adults, adopted the children and started altering their bodies to bring them closer to some perfect plant form.

The whole episode is creepy but playing hide-and-seek with the children wins hand down. Kids run/limp into hiding spots after saying something about having a secret wepon that will never allow me to win. I found all the kids I met at the playground and they said I hadn't found all of them - there was one girl who'd been hiding very well and for a long time. So in the end I had to grab a shovel and go the the cemetery. And then the children carried her around on a toy cart.

Oh, and Blackstone Chronicles too... Half of the game is an interactive museum of the methods people actually used to treat psychic disorders at the beginning of the XX century

from malaria virus injections to electric shock and hydrotherapy. And the characters there are the ghosts of people who died during these treatments sharing their first-hand experiences. Each room literally tells a story

Nah, I shouldn't go out more. Wherever I go I haunt people with morbid humour, sarcasm and cynicism and apathy. And if I'm really depressed I can infect people with bad mood even over IRC. But watching Dead Man or Apocalypse Now Redux usually makes me feel much better :biggrin: I love happy endings :happy:

Wow! We have a neat smiley! :suicide:

Wow! We have a neat smiley! :suicide:

Very Cobain-esque !

It's not from a game this but if it was a game I'd be sure to be moved...

Silent Running...the bit at the end where the little robot goes off tending his forest all alone in space. Get's me blubbing every time. That and the great soundtrack by Joan Baez.

Anyone remember when Spirit from WC cmmited suicide on that Kilrathi space station? I actually hit my desk when I saw that. And when TCS Tiger's Claw got blown up? My jaw dropped.

Falcon

COD4 single player campaign is the best Ive seen. Man, they should make that a movie. When Zachaev's son uses his pistol, that caught me by surprise... and the last scene in the game...man.

well I just had mine...was chasing this Sukhoi and he pulled a cobra on me...check it out

This Trailer is chilling, and I'm not even American...

Good Music:

Shadow on the Sun - Audioslave

!SPOILER!

Anything from World In Conflict is moving if you ask me, epescially when Bannon rides the M1A1 into a Nuclear Strike.

And I'm going to have to jump onto the CoD4 bandwagon...

Hooah, that game is awesome. I gonna save up for it now... :biggrin:

Getting out more is highly overrated. Maybe its me, but I just don't enjoy overpaying for small ammounts of alcohol, being deaf for hours and stuck in crowds so dense I can't tell who grabbed my ass. Or put up with people like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w0c0DOLrsw (actually made nearby)

ha ha nice vid :haha: