Sign in to follow this  
column5

Mirage Factory A-7E Corsair II

Great Model and Skins!

Ordinance load outs are giving me problems. I can only one load MK 82 on the Outboard Pylon and Center Pylon?

I edited the default strike load out to carry 3 Mk 82 SE on the outboard Pylons and 6 Mk 82 SE on the Center Pylons, but If I switch to another option, I can't switch back.

It seems like I can only load one bomb on each Pylon...

Great Model and Skins!

Ordinance load outs are giving me problems. I can only one load MK 82 on the Outboard Pylon and Center Pylon?

I edited the default strike load out to carry 3 Mk 82 SE on the outboard Pylons and 6 Mk 82 SE on the Center Pylons, but If I switch to another option, I can't switch back.

Have you put MERs and TERs on the pylons in the loadout.ini?

Great Model and Skins!

Put the original loadout ini back in and check that the problem goes away. Then we can look at getting your custom loadout fixed up.

Ok. Replaced A-7E (Late) Loadout.ini with the original one. Started WOV.

Default A-7E (Late) (All MF A-7s actually) Strike Loadout is:

1xMk82

3xMk82

1xDT

1xAim9

1xAim9

1xDT

3xMk82

1xMk82

When I try to select different loadout options, I can't select any more than 1 Bomb on Outer Pylons... Except in the case of Mk81s, then I can select Three Mk81s on TER.

On the Center Pylons, 3xMk82s is the highest number I can have (No MERs), and here is the kicker, If I select different ordinance say 1xMk83, I can't switch back to 3xMk82. The option for 3xMk82s disappears. Which is the exact same thing it was doing with my custom Strike load out. If I changed my Center Pylons to a different ordinance, the option for 6xMk82SE would disappear.

3xMk82SE

6xMk82SE

1xDT

1xAim9

1xAim9

1xDT

6xMk82SE

3xMk82SE

I'll have a look at it. Is this with the E(Late) only, or all versions?

props :smile:

No, Jets! :smile:

I'll have a look at it. Is this with the E(Late) only, or all versions?

As far I know, its all three versions, as the default strike load out is identical.

This is what my loadout screen looks like for one of the outer pylons. If I understand correctly, you are not getting the 2 (TER) and 4 (MER) bomb loadouts?

a7loadout.jpg

This is what my loadout screen looks like for one of the outer pylons. If I understand correctly, you are not getting the 2 (TER) and 4 (MER) bomb loadouts?

Yes. Same with the Center Pylons, No MERs or TERs.

Yes. Same with the Center Pylons, No MERs or TERs.

Well, I'm stumped.

We recommend using the Mirage Factory Weapons Pack, but I don't think that would have any impact on this problem.

The only thing I can suggest is extracting the .exe that the A-7s came in to a folder on your desktop, and copying the A-7E_DATA.INI back into your A-7E_Late_MF folder and let it overwrite the current one.

Well, I'm stumped.

We recommend using the Mirage Factory Weapons Pack, but I don't think that would have any impact on this problem.

The only thing I can suggest is extracting the .exe that the A-7s came in to a folder on your desktop, and copying the A-7E_DATA.INI back into your A-7E_Late_MF folder and let it overwrite the current one.

No Joy. Didn't work, Looking through the ordinance options, I can carry 4xMk76 Practice Bombs on MERs on my Outer Pylons. Go figure.

No Joy. Didn't work, Looking through the ordinance options, I can carry 4xMk76 Practice Bombs on MERs on my Outer Pylons. Go figure.

I assume you have a third-party weapons pack installed...the last thing I can suggest is to do a clean install of whatever sim you are running and try it there. If it works properly, at least we can narrow the search.

Maybe a couple of obvious questions. Are you having this problem with other a/c, or just the A-7?

Have you checked to make sure the Mers and Ters are available in your weapons pack or stores?

Just brainstorming...

Maybe a couple of obvious questions. Are you having this problem with other a/c, or just the A-7?

Have you checked to make sure the Mers and Ters are available in your weapons pack or stores?

Just brainstorming...

Nope. Just the new MF A-7, and yes, I have MERs and TERs.

Had the same issue in WOI with the TER/MER on the A-7 with the latest MF weaponspack (may). It was solved when I applied the patch for woi from thirdwire and reinstalled the weaponspack, hope this also solves your problem.

Had the same issue in WOI with the TER/MER on the A-7 with the latest MF weaponspack (may). It was solved when I applied the patch for woi from thirdwire and reinstalled the weaponspack, hope this also solves your problem.

<<<WOV here.

Alright, I got it figured out. There are a few issues:

1. The load limit for the 'b' version of each weapon station (the ARM station) is set at 400. For some reason, this limit also applies to the other version of the weapon station, meaning that the load limit isn't 1558 or whatever, it's 400. Change the load limits for all the ARM stations to match their regular munitions counterpart, and that fixes that. MER's and TER's work just fine, with the exception of:

2. The innermost and outtermost stations are set as racklimitoutsideonly=true. Is this accurate? I know depending on the munitions and configurations, you could end up with weapons "bumping" into eachother, but I thought I'd seen A-7's with full TER's on the outter wing stations... In fact the default anti-ship loadout requires it.

3. This one isn't as related to the specific issue discussed in this thread, but I noticed that the inner most wing station has the lowest load limit. I would think it would be the other way around. Is it correct the way it is now?

:good:

Just remember that while it was physically possible for the A-7 to carry such loads, it wasn't operationally realistic due to the drag and resulting reduction in performance and range. The defailt loadout is actually very realistic and based on interviews with actual A-7 pilots. It was a light strike aircraft with a very precise bombing capability, after all, so a heavy bomb load wasn't necessary--that is what the A-6 was for. What you do with it is up to you though.

Just remember that while it was physically possible for the A-7 to carry such loads, it wasn't operationally realistic due to the drag and resulting reduction in performance and range. The defailt loadout is actually very realistic and based on interviews with actual A-7 pilots. It was a light strike aircraft with a very precise bombing capability, after all, so a heavy bomb load wasn't necessary--that is what the A-6 was for. What you do with it is up to you though.

Right on. I was mainly just addressing the questions as to why TER loadouts were only showing up as default loadouts, and couldn't be configured manualy.

You guys are the experts.

:notworthy:

Right on. I was mainly just addressing the questions as to why TER loadouts were only showing up as default loadouts, and couldn't be configured manualy.

You guys are the experts.

:notworthy:

Let me say though that I am not knocking anyone who wants to load it to the max and go bomb the crap out of things! I fully support mass destruction.

It still seems like an issue with games that haven't been patched to WOI level, because I am not having the problem with WOI or WOE (with the current beta patch). I am probably at fault for not testing under an unpatched version of the game(s) but everything that MF is releasing now is specifically designed for WOI+. :wink:

The default loadout is actually very realistic and based on interviews with actual A-7 pilots.

C5 is going to kick my ass for saying this....but one of those actual pilots was C5's father. He flew em for many years.

Don show that pic of your dad landing.

C5 is going to kick my ass for saying this....but one of those actual pilots was C5's father. He flew em for many years.

Don show that pic of your dad landing.

I'll get you for this...but OK...

a7a.jpg

And as a bonus here I am at a VA-66 squadron open-house. I think this was Christmas of ~1976 or so.

don.jpg

So yeah I have a personal connection with this particular aircraft although I never flew it of course. My work isn't perfect but I have done my best for you guys. :good:

Thanks Don.

damn, you're lucky!

I grew up around two master jet bases--NAS Cecil Field and NAS Oceana, so yes it was very cool. At any given time when I was playing outside I could see F-4s, F-14s, A-7s, A-6s, A-4s and lots of other types overhead.