Sign in to follow this  
Longestpants

So...

Guess I am on the other side of this debate. I enjoy RDA in Stargate SG-1, but I prefer Jack Bauer to McG. Not because Keifer is a better actor, but because 24 is such a damn good show in all respects...its like watching a 24 hour movie. Plus I like it because Bauer will torture a suspect on a whim.

I think the closest Mac ever came to torturing a suspect was locking three Russian spies in a garbage truck to soften them up for the police.

I think the closest Mac ever came to torturing a suspect was locking three Russian spies in a garbage truck to soften them up for the police.

which is weird, seeing as he can save the world from a race of mutant mole people using only a nail clipper, three lego bricks and a blade of grass and the russian spies can't even get out of a garbage truck... :blink:

Yeah...but that 24-hour clock thing is annoying sometimes...like when he flew from NY to LA (commercial nonetheless)...you frakkin try that...no way! Takes 4 hours at La Guardia just to find a frakkin parking place...

And what, please tell me, is cool about torturing suspects?

And what, please tell me, is cool about torturing suspects?

Hearing them scream... Muwahahahahahahaha!

Bauer all the way.

I'll give mac some credit for ingenuity, but Jack is pretty good at that too. like this one time he was pinned down and one of his CTU guys was dead next to him. Took some bullets, put them in a can lit on fire and they fired, tricking a sniper to take cover while Jack changed positions. Faked killing a terrorists family to get him to give up where a bomb was and a dozen other tricks.

Never seen McGyver use a gun or take out so many people single handedly at any one time. Lost count how many times backup arrives to a building full of dead bad guys and Jack Bauer being the only one alive.

There was never any NY to LA on the show. Season 6 they sent a former terrorist from LA to DC in about 4 hours and they went to Mexico and back in season 3.

killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead, it just makes him angry. Say what you will about the drinking problem, if you went through all the s**t he does, you'd be drinking too. Especially after a dozen takes :biggrin:

And I'd kill to have Kiefer Sutherland's voice.

I think I may need to change my mind. There was no Elisha Cuthbert in MacGuyver and that's a big MINUS in my book.

That said, I think Chuck from the nerd herd could do some damage too...

While Chuck is good, Sarah is AWESOME. :biggrin:

While Chuck is good, Sarah is AWESOME. :biggrin:

Sarah Connor?