Sign in to follow this  
Emp_Palpatine

Georgia moves against separatists

And like germany, russia went through an economic collapse and rebuild.

I guess its a good time to buy stocks in the arms industry.

God damn it again I agree. :crazy:

eraser, no good time for arms stock buying. USA will not fight for Georgia.

The crisis will not be for long. It will come to a peace with a go back to status quo ante.

Russia will nor occupy Abchasia and South Ossetia. They will destroy the georgian military infrastructure, the airfields, barracks, ammo storages, weapon factories etc, but no more. They will not attack the oil pipeline and they will surely not make a rush to Tiflis.

It would be senseless. They could easily conquer the georgian capital, but they would face a terrible guerilla war and the russians know this. Thatswhy they will kick Saakashvili in his balls and thats it. By the end of this week it will be finished.

By the way Saakashvili. Today he visited Gori, a town near the Ossetian border. Was nice to see how he paniced when he heard a helicopter closing. What a coward! Its "man" enough to sent soldiers into the die, but if face danger himself, then sh....ing into the trousers. What for a hero!

We could stop the fighting immediately if we entered into a long term deal to buy all of the Russian and all of the Georgian aircraft. It would be a little expensive, but we wouldn't have to move them far to attack Iran.

Well money talks - we know that much - however we also know that the people who have it wont give it to Russia :biggrin:

I wouldn't be so sure, that also assumes russias intentions of protecting the people in S ossetia is genuine. Remember, they have a history of "intervening" in problems in other countries and making sure their stay is much longer than welcome.

I wouldn't be so sure, that also assumes russias intentions of protecting the people in S ossetia is genuine. Remember, they have a history of "intervening" in problems in other countries and making sure their stay is much longer than welcome.

Yeah. What makes you think that after Russia accomplishes those "limited" objectives that they will listen when somebody says, "Ok. The Georgians won't bother those folks in S Ossetia anymore. You can leave now?"

Edited by gbnavy61

By the way Saakashvili. Today he visited Gori, a town near the Ossetian border. Was nice to see how he paniced when he heard a helicopter closing. What a coward! Its "man" enough to sent soldiers into the die, but if face danger himself, then sh....ing into the trousers. What for a hero!

That guy has to be taken out of there - at least given a backroom role where he cant keep f***** everything up for Georgia. The published speech above is nice im sure but still involves scaremongering - "Fall of the West in the Former Soviet Union???" wtf Is he implying we are forcing shambolic democracy onto countries just to get a strategic foothold in that region (and stir everything up)? hmmm

People, wake up. you don't know the Russians.

I know a lot of new Israelies that came from Russia and know the Russians and there ways, first hand.

Puttin (yes, him, not Medvedev) is the one in charge in Russia. Medvedev is nothing but a puppet on a string.

Puttin is thriving on bringing Russia back to what it was prior to the fall of the USSR!!!

A major superpower.

He will take the first chance he gets to reoccupy the republics surrounding Russia.

He sees the US is weak and unwilling to challenge Russia.

Its a golden opportunity to occupy Georgia.

Remember, they have a history of "intervening" in problems in other countries and making sure their stay is much longer than welcome.

Cant comment there tbh <cough>

Great Russian Commander of XVIII Century Suvorov said: "...not end the cut down forest quickly grows again"

well, the Russian troops will come home, US will give Georgia very much much money and they will recover force of the army, and will begin war new!

That then to do Russia?

Russia must a dobitsya situation, when Georgia will be unable to wage war.

In addition the Georgian war criminals must appear feather INTERNATIONAL tribunal. Those, who burned women and children alive, pressed escaping habitants tanks must be convict!

GOD BLESS RUSSIAN ARMY!

It's not an occupation when we do it :tongue:

No seriously, we're guilty of it too, but at least we're not as repressive and more careful about civilians. Or stay as long, we were out of Europe by the 50's, it took russia until the berlin wall came down to leave.

People, wake up. you don't know the Russians.

I know a lot of new Israelies that came from Russia and know the Russians and there ways, first hand.

Puttin (yes, him, not Medvedev) is the one in charge in Russia. Medvedev is nothing but a puppet on a string.

Puttin is thriving on bringing Russia back to what it was prior to the fall of the USSR!!!

A major superpower.

He will take the first chance he gets to reoccupy the republics surrounding Russia.

He sees the US is weak and unwilling to challenge Russia.

Its a golden opportunity to occupy Georgia.

We have had pretty positive reports of normal Russian life the past few years - has problems but there are a lot more happy normal Russians these days - and they seem to love this Putin bloke - are there any Russians on here that can comment on this??.

Thats quite a statement to make - US is no more weak than its ever been surely - if being weak is not threatening military action against Russia but keeping them in check then so be it. Despite whos in power Russia is quite an important partner in regards to negotiating with both North Korea and Iran it would appear.

Great Russian Commander of XVIII Century Suvorov said: "...not end the cut down forest quickly grows again"

well, the Russian troops will come home, US will give Georgia very much much money and they will recover force of the army, and will begin war new!

That then to do Russia?

Russia must a dobitsya situation, when Georgia will be unable to wage war.

In addition the Georgian war criminals must appear feather INTERNATIONAL tribunal. Those, who burned women and children alive, pressed escaping habitants tanks must be convict!

GOD BLESS RUSSIAN ARMY!

Lindr. 3/4 of what you said, I did not understand.

Why don't you use Babel fish to translate from Russian to English the things you want to say.

I take it you are from Russia, ain't you?

I assume I'm not the only one not understanding.

And do not misunderstand me. as I said earlier, I blame the Georgian president for the last events.

No seriously, we're guilty of it too, but at least we're not as repressive and more careful about civilians. Or stay as long, we were out of Europe by the 50's, it took russia until the berlin wall came down to leave.

What do you mean by "we were out of Europe by the 50's?" We're still there. Aviano, Italy and Ramstein, Germany to name two off the top of my head.

Anyhoo, the problem is that Russia holds too much of the leverage right now. They don't have to take anyone too seriously, because they know the will or means to back it up isn't there. It'd take a lot of international cooperation with implications of force to back the Russians down right now.

Edit: I'll shut up for a while, because I find I'm repeating myself.

Edited by gbnavy61

SORRy my english is bad, corrected version:

Great Russian Commander Suvorov (XVIII Century) said: "...forest, not fully cut down quickly grows again"

Well, the Russian troops will come home, after this US will give Georgia very much much money and they will recover force of the army, and will begin war new!

That then to do Russia?

Russia must obtain a situation, when Georgia will be unable to wage war.

In addition the Georgian war criminals must appear feather INTERNATIONAL court.

Those, who burned women and children alive, pressed escaping habitants tanks must be convict!

GOD BLESS RUSSIAN ARMY!

We have had pretty positive reports of normal Russian life the past few years - has problems but there are a lot more happy normal Russians these days - and they seem to love this Putin bloke - are there any Russians on here that can comment on this??.

Thats quite a statement to make - US is no more weak than its ever been surely - if being weak is not threatening military action against Russia but keeping them in check then so be it. Despite whos in power Russia is quite an important partner in regards to negotiating with both North Korea and Iran it would appear.

MigBuster, What I meant was that The Russians see The US weak.

Thay see the US preoccupied on two fronts, Iraq and Afganistan and they probably say to them selfs.

The US are not stupid. they will not open another front now. not against Russia.

Edited by Mannie

in about hour and a half there'll be an emergency UN session concerning recent actions by the russian military.

if indeed the reports on russians nearing/entering Gori are true then the last shred of pretense of a "peackeeping" mission cannot exist anymore. 

Russia has clearly overstepped their boundaries and upped the ante in a manner that very well might invoke western response. there is apsolutely no justification on their entering into the undisputed territory of a sovereign nation. these are all now punitive action by russia.

and if the rest of the western world turns a blind eye on this kind behaviour, I fear for our collective future. the bear needs to be taught a lesson he won't soon forget.

Israel will put a potato embargo on Russia. :rofl::biggrin:

croatia will ban russian citizens on buying property on our adriatic coast. they already own half of it right now.   :biggrin:

croatia will ban russian citizens on buying property on our adriatic coast. they already own half of it right now.   :biggrin:

Hey Kesegy, did any one tell you, you look a lot like Luis Felipe Skolari? :biggrin:

What do you mean by "we were out of Europe by the 50's?" We're still there. Aviano, Italy and Ramstein, Germany to name two off the top of my head.

Lol - weve still got around 20,000 troops in Germany it seems.

I mean we didn't have our forces keeping control of a carved up germany, whereas East Germany, Poland, Czechoslovakia etc were truly dominated by the soviets.

C'mon dude I think you got things mixed up; all in all, we have to be honest, L.F.Scolari looks like Gene Hackman (the Man) :yes:  

Think they own most of London too now - maybe an offensive will be launched from Chelsea FC to crush Arsenal FC once and for all :)

C'mon dude I think you got things mixed up; all in all, we have to be honest, L.F.Scolari looks like Gene Hackman (the Man) :yes:

eh, he's a traitor.... no it's his guilty of our team is the way it is...dirty as a hell. :mellow: