Sign in to follow this  
Soulfreak

German Modder Group 1st project

Looks like there is an agreement made and I will let the parties involved explain.

Looks like there is an agreement made and I will let the parties involved explain.

Thanks.

The primary reaction was down to a mis conceived chain of communication at our end, not at GMGs end, this prompted the initial post by myself, that has been resolved.

The tools used to convert the freeware model are technically reverse engineering tools, in this instance being used to good ends, however in the wrong hands could be used to rip off authors models with out their permission, although GMG are acting in good faith, the non supply of the source files is forcing them to use tools that used in the incorrect context are illegal, as a payware developer I cannot be seen to condone or support the use of such tools, even if used on freeware models, those still have rights too, and especially as the tools could be used against me in other circumstances, so its a principle issue as well.

To make things correct and technically legal GMG need the source files, they now have these, they are free to modify to the Strike Fighters series and use as they see fit so long as they remain freeware, they are not permitted to modify the source files to other variants of the F-84 series, only the RF-84 variant is permitted, the F-84 from my collection has already been passed to other developers and there rights need to be protected as well, by the same context I would not expect the F-84 division to modify to the RF-84, both have their cake and both should be able to eat them fairly.

Sorry for the long dialogue but I wanted to take the time to explain that it was more than just a ; he didn't ask me situation.

Thank you for your understanding

Michael

I love it when a plan comes together.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Me too. :biggrin:

We got the source files and will do our best for a fast release....

Well done everyone.

I've always liked the look of the Thunderflash since building an Italeri 1/72 scale model 20 years ago.

Thank you guys :biggrin: Good example how to solve troubles :good:

Exactly, some people should take lessons from this.

OK, here is the latest (and hopefully last) update.

We only need to do the damage.tga´s. than it can be out...

RF_84F.jpg

OK, here is the latest (and hopefully last) update.

We only need to do the damage.tga´s. than it can be out...

Hello!

Good morning, that's fantastic news!

It has been available for download since 2:07 p.m. this afternoon! Thanks to the German Modder Group for all your efforts in putting this package together.