Why is the canopy not being rendered?

Just saw that too. Maybe he hasn't made the canopy tga yet. :dntknw:

Because I like convertibles...got a problem with that? :biggrin:

I'll be fixing that before release (along with trying to figure out why it has a really heavy wing).

FC

Windows fixed.

FC

Addendum: Flight control issue fixed...I guess that's why they tell you to do a Reset XForm on all the parts before you start linking them. Apparently, the sim takes the 'pivot point' of each part as the center of mass for that part. For some reason, all six of my pylons pivot points were concentrated in the left outer pylon...which meant anytime I had anything hanging out there, the center of mass for ALL of the pylons was calculated at the left outer pylon. Guess the sim doesn't take that into account in 'normal' mode.

Learn something new everyday...this was the main problem keeping this one from heading toward release. Now I can get somewhere...

Really great work.It's funny how a coat of SEA paint makes a prototype look like an inservice type.Excellent job all around,thanks and I'm looking forward to it's release.

on a side note I really see this in a set of ROC cloths.

A little decal and detail magic.

img00004.jpg

img00006.jpg

This aircraft looks so cool! But at the same time so ugly.

Nice work!

Dave, those look great! I guess you've got everything you need without me!

The only thing I couldn't figure out, is where you put the shark's mouth? She's got too many orifices and pointy bits! (so to speak)

Also, I'm gratified you kept my little piggie drawing!

-A

Edited by Klavs81

Dave, those look great! I guess you've got everything you need without me!

The only thing I couldn't figure out, is where you put the shark's mouth? She's got too many orifices and pointy bits! (so to speak)

Also, I'm gratified you kept my little piggie drawing!

-A

All I did Adam was recolor the insignias, used a higher res USAF and U.S. Air Force for the wings and fuse. On the camo bird, I used your light weathering to make it look dirty by changing the brightness. Used new nose placards on both sides and made tail decals. Just little details. Your camo job is outstanding. You gave me a good pallett to use.

All I did Adam was recolor the insignias, used a higher res USAF and U.S. Air Force for the wings and fuse. On the camo bird, I used your light weathering to make it look dirty by changing the brightness. Used new nose placards on both sides and made tail decals. Just little details. Your camo job is outstanding. You gave me a good pallett to use.

I'll let you use your .psds as the decal temps then, should FC want them released when he releases the actual aircraft.

And thanks, I had fun doing it!

Edited by Klavs81

That looks absolutely fantastic.

Here is a video of the real thing:

Great stuff, but the music from the early Wings was always kind of um, "bow-chicka bow-wow..."

Got some good picks of the bird at wright pat today. I'll upload them a little later. Hopefully they will be of some use to the modders.

the music from the early Wings was always kind of um, "bow-chicka bow-wow..."

JET POOORRRRRRNNNNNN :biggrin::crazy::yahoo:

Though we appreciate the help, we already have plenty of photos of the F-107...Dave and I both took a ton of pics of her when we first talked about bring the F-107 into game. In addition, dwcace was nice enough to provide me with reference material from some old magazine articles. Information isn't a problem...just getting into game properly is.

I'm working right now on the data.ini to make sure the weapon loadout capabilities and performance make sense...though the F-100 obviously forms the basis for the FM, this bad boy could go Mach 2.35 (actual test number) so the performance has to reflect that. In addition, if she had won the competition against the F-105, at some point, she would have taken on some of the F-105 duties, including SEAD...which means ARMs as a capability is a must.

Finally, there are some tweaks needed (right now, the pilot's head JUST bumps the canopy, needs a tailskid, some strange shadowing on the wings, etc).

And, she needs a readme! Oh, and a warning...you will need to have a game that has the F-100 to get the fuel tanks, and the F-105 or F-104 to get a cockpit. Those with WOI only may be out of luck.

FC

Cool, and scary looking at the same time. I bet ejection would have been interesting :blink:

a straigh gulp down the intake if the seat rockets are too weak, or ejected at a high G.

Perhaps they would end up with an ejection system similar to the F-104? Did the prototypes have an ejection seat?

Yep, the seat even had the capability to rocket you right through the canopy.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there wouldn't have been a mechanism to prevent ingestation.

Remember, the upward force on the seat was supposed to be enough to clear the REALLY tall tail. Think about that for a minute.

FC

That's a stong rocket shooting you out of that then! Passing out wouldn't be surprising upon ignition.

Got some good picks of the bird at wright pat today. I'll upload them a little later. Hopefully they will be of some use to the modders.

You around here in Dayton? I was just at the museum looking at it the other day.

I'm back at home today. I was up for the weekend though. I'm from Kentucky.

Edited by zmatt

Sabres over Vietnam:

gallery_12105_43_397972.jpg

gallery_12105_43_428480.jpg

Released. Thanks to Bunyap, Dave, Klavs81 and dwcace for all the help!

FC

Trying to think of a use for this.

It *looks* so EdwardsAFB~esque, therefore it is Smooth, so it must be used in a campaign. Would be fun in one of those merc/fantasy campaigns.

Maybe as recon only (small nose). F-107 could carry alot. RF-100A carried 4 drop tanks, no guns. I didn't know that. Only six or so made though.

Trying to think of a use for this.

It *looks* so EdwardsAFB~esque, therefore it is Smooth, so it must be used in a campaign. Would be fun in one of those merc/fantasy campaigns.

Maybe as recon only (small nose). F-107 could carry alot. RF-100A carried 4 drop tanks, no guns. I didn't know that. Only six or so made though.

I agree, definitely going to install this for my first SF2 merc campaign. Will have to do some repaints first, is there a paint kit?