Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

New Water Shader in the works

I'm in the process of compiling new shaders, this is an example of my latest water shader, in WoI. This shader features built in HDR bloom, a feature that I may use to increase aircraft visibility by introducing a light bloom effect, ala MiG Alley.

gallery_279_43_129816.jpg

Fubar you rock!

May I ask, what's the status of the clouds shader?

Fubar you rock!

May I ask, what's the status of the clouds shader?

My present cloud shader is simply an HDR Bloom shader, as diffuse-mapping added strange effects, shadows that were opaque, etc.

thanks for info

Blimey! Are you sure you didn't upload a photograph by accident?

Will this work in Vista?

I wish!

BTW, for those with Windows Vista, you can go ahead and activate shaders in WoI, after you apply the latest patch :ok:

BTW, for those with Windows Vista, you can go ahead and activate shaders in WoI, after you apply the latest patch :ok:

That is great news. But what about your shader?

Perhaps I'm getting a bit carried away with my new found skills.... :smile:

WoI with a Volumetric Fog Shader:

gallery_279_43_38057.jpg

Well, I sure can't wait for the Vista version to come out. Then I can finally enjoy these new shadier models.

Well, I sure can't wait for the Vista version to come out. Then I can finally enjoy these new shadier models.

AFAIK, The latest patch resolved that issue (at least with WoI).

Reinstalling

Edit:

OMG, it actually works in Vista. Yay.

Edited by suhsjake

Reinstalling

Edit:

OMG, it actually works in Vista. Yay.

Wondering which DLL is responsible for that and if we can try a transplant,, grinz

Guest Sony Tuckson

well, the patch takes care of it, so why looking for another trick?

Dadburnit Fubar! Now I really have to upgrade my 'puter. That looks great!

well, the patch takes care of it, so why looking for another trick?

Because SFP and WOV are not patched yet. And patching heavily modded installs will be complicated in the least. Since this is basically the only feature I am waiting for (and AI able to deply guided ammunitions, if this will ever be taken care of), a transplant would be the trick. but I tried a few things already and it doens't work..

Just copy your objects folder somewhere else. Uninstall, and then reininstall, paste the neccessary stuff back. Its not such a pain in the arse-takes half an hour or so;my objects folder is 12 GB but Ive split it up by doing a multiple install.

Folks, there are 2 ways to deal with a patch in a modded install. Both of them start with a 'clean' install of the program in question.

First technique is in the knowledge base...make a clean install, patch it up, and copy your mods over to it.

The second technique I use. Again take a clean install and patch it up. Now, take a good look at it inside the directories of the clean install. If you notice, most of the files are 'core' files and can't be altered by ANY legal mods...things like exes, dlls, and cat files. If you note, that's most of the directories except for the Objects, Sounds, Controls, Terrain and parts of the main directory.

Copy those unalterable files over from your clean install to your modded install. You can skip the Controls...just go into the WOI menu of your modded install to add your new control options. You can skip Sounds...or copy it over and say "No to all" so you don't overwrite any custom sounds you have but add any new sounds made by the patch.

Basically, if you don't copy over any ini files, you shouldn't break your modded install at all. If you want to copy over the specific ini's affected (objects, terrain,campaigns), you can, but may alter those objects and terrains if you modded those specific objects from stock (ie made the MiG-23 flyable, etc).

It's easy, just a little tedious...and best of all it works and doesn't break anything that wouldn't be broken no matter how you did it (ie if your model would be unflyable in WOI, it's going to be unflyable no matter how you apply the patch).

FastCargo