Sign in to follow this  
krgf15

I accidentally installed Mirage Factory F-15 over the stock one!

Is there any way to recover the original one? I just clicked install, not realizing that I would lose the original

So use the MF one its a better model.

And if not, simply do a new, fresh, patched install of WOE (I assume that's the F-15 you want when you say 'stock') in a new directory and just copy the F-15 directory over to your current install.

Done.

FastCargo

Well, if the MF one is more realistic, then that solves the issue. Thanks guys!!

Some people prefer the default one, others don't. Naturally I am going to support the MF one as I think its top notch.

Hence the procedure of NOT running exes into your game install, but to a temp folder.

But the guys ARE right...MF is MUCH nicer!

If you still want your stock one, rename to MF F-15's folder (assuming it's the A model) to F-15A_MF. Also, rename the ini and perhaps add the lettering ...

AircraftFullName=F-15A Eagle (TMF)

Then pull the stock one from another (assuming WoE install), rename THAT folder "F-15A_3W" for 3rd Wire. Do the same renaming of the ini, andd the "3W" to the AircraftFullName line in the ini.

Did this with all my installs, never had a problem.

Wrench

kevin stein

I appreciate all the info fellas. I think ill stick with the MF. The only thing I dont like about it is that the nozzles are closed at idle. I cant remember if the stock one had open aug's at idle or not.

While we are at this is(I dont mean to hijack the thread) the MF F-15A Baz doesnt follow the landing waypoints when coming in to land on the Irsael 2 map.

Is there any ini edit I can make to rectify this or do I just wait forthe patch for WOE?( thats one reason why I go with the stock Eagle;Ive made it out of campaigns all alone coz my wingmen landed without lowering their gear!)

That said I prefer the MF models with the stock cockpits.And the 8 sidewinders or pythons.

Well...

the Mirage Factory F-15's are outdated, they are from pre- WOE. Thats also the reason why the readme is missing a warning that the folder name is identical to stock planes.

I personally prefer the ThirdWire F-15, presently.

I like the turkey feathers on the stock Third Wire F-15.