Simpsons or Family Guy  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Animated Series

• The Simpsons
    • Family Guy
  2. 2. Favourite character

• Homer
    • Peter

I like South Park better than Family Guy.

happy tree friends much better than South park :good:

South Park is better than both, but I voted Simpsons just because the couple of episodes of Family Guy I have seen were completely un-funny.

If thats your honest opinion you need some of this my freind:http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/ :ok:

i've spent some dawns wathing it at MTV :yes:

Well, I've always been a fan of the Simpsons, but right now there's nothing better than Family Guy. :yes:

South Park is so bad ass, they banned it in Russia.

I can't watch Family Guy. It does have it's moments (flashbacks!), but it also has a lot of stuff that I'd really rather not see. I like the simpsons more because of Homer (D'oh!) and because it's got more puns and humor rather than profanity and illicit content.

Family Guy is definitely a rip off of the Simpsons so that’s why I chose the Simpsons. Plus the Simpsons have more a subtle clever humor.

Freakin Carl Bratanaluski baby!

give me Aqua teen hunger force or Sealab 2021 anyday.Also the old school duckman was so good at delivering a messege without being hamfisted in the way say Southpark is.Lots of good adult(age) animation in the last 15-20 years.

The Simpsons was great in its first decade, but when the X Files went off the air I didn't keep watching Sunday nights. Family Guy I've loved since day 1, but it's silly to say it rips off the Simpsons. It has its own style which is unique enough to make South Park rip on it.

Anyway, I own all the FG eps on DVD (and South Park too!) and none of Simpsons, so...

Your right, the approach on humor is nearly completly diffrent Jedi Knight. I like family guy to but it took a lot of the setting and character ideas from the Simpsons.

I think Family Guy came out when I was in high school. At that time, there was nothing better than Simpsons, and I didn't really get family guy and didn't think it was funny.

Then, by the time Family Guy came back on the air a few years later, I found it hilarious couldn't get enough of it. I'll watch new Simpsons episodes, but I don't laugh nearly as much as I do at Family Guy. I think it's a combination of:

1. People may think I'm crazy, but a lot of Family Guy jokes and characters seem to appeal to a slightly more mature mind than Simpsons... At least that's the way it worked for me...

2. Simpsons was great for it's time because it was the South Park and Family Guy of it's time. We're desensitized to it now, and it doesn't seem as edgy or funny.

3. In addition to not being perceived as being as edgy as it used to be, I think Simpsons really just isn't quite as funny as it used to be.

Truth be told, I'm South Park all the way, though. I can't get enough of that show. Been watching since the first episode the first week on Comedy Central.

Edited by malibu43

South Park is so bad ass, they banned it in Russia.

Talking poo is just too much for some folks.

Talking poo is just too much for some folks.

That it is, that it is :biggrin: