Recently dug this out of my WIP archive, for the MF F-8E

post-24797-1223726475_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1223726455_thumb.jpg

I finally managed to get the transparency layers in the decals working so It'll be released as soon as soon as I have new shark mouth decals and the modified pylons ready.

Also, Invincible Charlie on CAP

post-24797-1223726442_thumb.jpg

Very nice work Crimson,I'm glad to see you are making skins from the TV series and the OVA.

Lets hope "Invincible Charlie" has better luck than what I remember. :rolleyes:

Got the anime style pylons working, may some fuel tanks too (though if you watch the opening scene, shins F-8 has more loadout inconsistencies than Iron Eagle, and THATS an accomplishment)

post-24797-1223846684_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1223846813_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1223846835_thumb.jpg

And for anyone who thought strike fighters wasn't based on Area 88, take a look into the namesmerc.lst

post-24797-1223847043_thumb.jpg

I remember re-enacting many scenes from Area-88 with the old F-8 and skin, the F-14A and skin, and a bunch of other aircraft in a huge squadron all with skins. Great fun.

It seems that Shin's F-8 was also partially based on the A-7, judging by the loadout and stores. Very nice work with all that, Crimson. Truly worthy of setting everything to "easy" and blasting MiGs like flies.

That reminds me, I have an Area-88 campaign for SFP1 based heavily on the stock burning sands. It's pretty much just Burning Sands with a mercenary squadron of F-8s added in, but my friend has been happily blasting MiGs for some time now with it.

Edited by Rambler 1-1

Got this skin for stock TW F-8 from a Japanese site, then messing it a bit...

They've been sitting on my hard drive for quite long enough, and I'm going to be VERY busy with college for the rest of the year, so I'm going to release them now.

post-24797-1225584273_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1225584284_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1225584312_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1225584317_thumb.jpg

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7587

Also, speaking of anime skins, what's that flying at such high altitude?

post-24797-1225584413_thumb.jpg

post-24797-1225584420_thumb.jpg

Hmm purple and green camouflage, two-seater and recon cameras on the underside. I wonder...

i wonder if that's really the yukikaze

Yep, It's for the A-5 vigilante but now that I look at it it's a decent stand-in for the book version of the super sylph

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! :clapping:

This is prob old...but a few years ago when the Burning Sands came out, I was looking very hard to try and find a group of people to work on Area 88 mod. It didn't get very far at the time and was dropped I think. I don't have any modeling skills but what I do have is prob one of the largest libraries of Area 88 Info to help and contribute with including, Original OVA, Modern TV Series, Area 88 Cyber Trance Soundtrack, Sound Files 1, OVA Soundtrack, and issue 1-37 of the orig Eclipse comic books.

I envisioned a combination of the OVA and new series, using the best bits of both worlds. Utilizing the soundtrack for breifing scenes, dogfights, well you can see where I am going with this. I can hand draw some things as well if needed. I did a cover that was never used, I will post it.

Anyway, if anyone would like to start something up like this again, get in touch with me ASAP and we will make it happen.

DSCN0332.jpg