Sign in to follow this  
Typhoid

Really good air race pilot

Nice recovery..........

:blink:

H O L Y C R A P-------------------------------------------- O.O

Sit there for awhile,regain composure,swallow hard to get heart out of throat, climb out of cockpit,go somewhere to clean underwear and then head for nearest saloon for something 100 proof.

That is truly some KickA-- flying!!! :blink:

I thought that didn't look right...thanks for the link WK.

FastCargo

Even for being BS about losing the wing, that was one hell of a landing. It almost looked like a RC plane touching down, if not for the canopy opening and the pilot moving around i would have sworn the whole thing was faked. I'm still not quite sure how much of that clip was movie magic and what was real, but a cool clip none the less!

I thought it looked more like an RC but the pilot climbing out of it looked pretty good.

I am still finding it hard to accept that it was fake - even though I also thought the one wing landing was even remotely plausible.

H O L Y C R A P-------------------------------------------- O.O

I'll say that again!

It really amazes me that other than Fast Cargo, nobody got past the first post...to read mine (2nd post) that it was all a fake. Pay attention folks! :clapping:

I say again...

IT'S FAKE!

:biggrin:

It really amazes me that other than Fast Cargo, nobody got past the first post...to read mine (2nd post) that it was all a fake. Pay attention folks! :clapping:

I say again...

IT'S FAKE!

I read your link and i agree it is faked, probably with an RC plane, but i think in those last 2 or 3 seconds that is a real airplane when the canopy opens, the footage spliced together very nicely.

If you notice, you can't see the right side where the wing should have been missing, but you can see the shadow and from the looks of the shadow, the right wing is still there.

Only other thing i can think of is its all CGI, and very good CGI, but i'm still betting on an RC plane because of the landing and the fact that an RC plane can fly without a wing on engine power alone, I have seen them hover like a chopper just using thrust to keep them airborne.

Edited by WarlordATF

If you watch movie DVD extras you know what can be done with a moderate budget. One is to digitally ERASE something that's really there (like a wing) to give the impression it's not.

I think they took a performance, erased the wing, then at the end put a digital plane in for the transition to a landing and then switched back to a real plane (which conveniently is sitting so you can't see the wing is missing).

I say again...

IT'S FAKE!

if you'll notice, I acknowledged as such a few lines up.

I thought that didn't look right...thanks for the link WK.

FastCargo

Yup, I laughed may ass off .