Sign in to follow this  
Wraith27

Russian future fighter?

Looks like it makes heavy use of 1st generation stealth like in the F-117. Look at all the sawtooth lines on it. That can't be a new Design.

Looks like it makes heavy use of 1st generation stealth like in the F-117. Look at all the sawtooth lines on it. That can't be a new Design.

This "project" is from 1994 year. Yes it doesn't look like American newest stealth aircraft. But I think it looks closer f-22 than f-117. But stealth is not all...

I'd really have to go with the PAK-FA

I would go with the PAK-FA as well. Speaking of dont they begin test flying it in 09 or is it 2010?

Keeping in mind that I am educated as an aeronautical/mechanical engineer but I have not worked as an aeronautical engineer, this is what I deduce.

It looks to me like this is supposed to be a STOVL light bomber meant to be based from STOVL carriers like HMS Invincible or Kiev class ships, with a mission profile very similar to the F-117 but with at least some air-to air capability. Here is my reasoning.

As has been pointed out the landing gear looks like the aircraft is a tail dragger. If you look with concentration at the side view you can see from the position of the wheels that without vertical landing capability, to touch down on the main wheels first would require such a small sink rate that the aircraft would have a dangerously high landing speed. Also with that wheel configuration, to be able to safely make the takeoff rotation on the rear wheels you would need a high takeoff speed. To achieve takeoff without a long runway, it makes more sense to me that the aircraft would takeoff with the combination of thrust vectoring and a ski jump ramp found on STOVL carriers.

Now given that we know a STOVL aircraft can never carry aloft the same payload that a conventional aircraft with equivalent thrust can, it seems to me that the plane would rely on using a small number of precision strike munitions. That would seem to make this plane a tactical striker with limited strategic capabilities such as what the F-117 was designed to do, putting a bullet through the brain of an integrated air defense network. I say limited strategic capabilities because it would not have the payload or fuel capacity to have a long loiter time that would enable time sensitive attacks like how the B-1B has been used in Iraq.

Regarding the air-to-air capability, the large front nose does seem to be indicative of a powerful radar. From the top and front views it seems this is a lifting body design, and given the stubby wings I don't think the plane would be very manueverable even with thrust vectoring. So I guess that the plane is designed to deal with enemy aircraft BVR, but I do think it has some defensive capability. Given how broad the tail is, it looks like a rear-facing radar with a good search and track capability could be mounted. From the look of the weapons bay doors on the underside view I am guessing the plane is designed to mount at least one or two rear-firing missiles. The only thing about the design that causes me trouble with these conclusions is that with all that extra sensory data, you might think a second crewman is needed but only one seat can be seen in the side view. On the other hand you could make the case that the plane relies on advanced computer processing like the F-22 and F-35.

That is my theory, feel free to discuss and ridicule my ideas.

The ANIMAL is coming

ff5d0fdf62e1a25bdf737622e1d43f9bo.jpg

Edited by suicidal

look at the skin, this treatment detail by detail, inch by inch. and much of this work was done with "Paint."

All that work and this was done making by TORNO

The creator of the T-50 and its fine system is ALEDUCAT...

969856d27e2912b5aa1f7b721453b50fo.jpg

Dont.....Tease....Me.....Like.....That!!!!!!!! That thing is gorgeaous and I would love that thing to be in my skies helping terrorize some Raptors, and JSF's

My "baby" eats JSF for breakfast... And Raptors at lunch :grin:

And believe it or not, that skin was made in MS Paint :blink:

So in other words, no PSD template. Looks rockin though :good:

Or something like this:

post-20260-1237288522_thumb.jpg

post-20260-1237288546_thumb.jpg

...strange aircraft :tumbleweed: mean the weapon bays are very small -only one for AG weapons...

Edited by CIACHO

My Mirage 2000B skin was made also in paint.. damn what a pain in my a$$ when painint it pixel per pixel... I now use paintnet and gimp2 freeware

EricJ, that skin was done in MSPaint, but there will be a PSD template. I had PaintShop Pro 7 from since... 8 years ago?

Ciacho, that MiG, from above, is a "Raptorsky"... same wing shape, and stabs too. But enteresting loadout for such a little engines. I wonder if that is even possible. More over, the nozzles are too raptorish, so, no 3D vectoring.

If I had to design such a bird, I'll use just one engine, the 117S maybe.

Dude you Aircraft is freakin gorgeaous! I cant wait to take to the skies in this, keep up the good work man!

EricJ, that skin was done in MSPaint, but there will be a PSD template. I had PaintShop Pro 7 from since... 8 years ago?

Ciacho, that MiG, from above, is a "Raptorsky"... same wing shape, and stabs too. But enteresting loadout for such a little engines. I wonder if that is even possible. More over, the nozzles are too raptorish, so, no 3D vectoring.

If I had to design such a bird, I'll use just one engine, the 117S maybe.

Nice, I've used PSP 7 before, and liked it alot better than 8 or whatever version it is now, solid program :good:

:good:

Any news?

Any news?

:cray: It's so beautiful man! Gosh that thing is going to be a beast! Any Name or designation it is going by?