Sign in to follow this  
MK2

Thirdwire's latest patch and old campaigns

Hi everybody!

I know I have been away for a while but it is just a reflection of the time I have and the games I play sometimes (currently finishing fall out 3 and starting left 4 dead...two apocalyptic games just by chance ..) . A special hello to Erik, Fates and Dave! Three old friends.

I would really like to update the campaigns I slaved over , mainly Vietnam 1984, Iran Iraq and my personal favorite Aces of North Vietnam.

I updated Vietnam 1984 and Iran Iraq for patches: SP051506a and P083006. I was holding out for Aces of North Vietnam but now realize that Thirdwire's latest patch has come out.

Some quick questions and I apologize for not using the search engine both here and at simhq before I ask.

Does the latest patch break old campaigns but specifically ones already updated for SP051506a and P083006.?

Is anyone working on updates that I may collaborate with?

What breaks if anyone knows? (this could save me days...)

I thank you in advance for the answers!

mainscreen.jpg

nam1984-wip2.jpg

mainscreen2.jpg

Hey MK2, long time no see.

As to the campaigns versus the newest patches, I have tried a couple of my cobbled together campaigns out, and they seem OK, but are based on stock ones

with ini tweaks for dates, airframes and a little node work.

Have you checked the (long) official patch threads?

I dare not tread there, it looks like it may suck me in forever!

Don't be a stranger, eh?

PS

I havbe heard good things about the Fallout3 gameplay, as the guys at my regular hangout are always talking about it...

Hi Mk2,

in the Iran/Iraq campaign the F14 has a differend flight modell but so far the campaign works for me. The Falkland has some FM screwed up - especially the Harrier - and i am not aware about a fix for this.

Important fixes are; shimmering water fix:

Go to the terrain fodler and find the terrain that is giving you the problem.

Example: If its the Vietnam terrain that is giving you problems then look for the VIETNAMSEA_data.INI

Then add this information.

[HeightOffset] 

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=0.8

Water problem should be cleared.

and save the weapondata.ini with the 2008 editor.

Jaeger

Hey MK2 long time no see. I haven't tried any of the older campaigns with the new patches. But the patches changed many many things in regard to how some of the campaigns run. JSF_Aggie is the has a list of what was changed and what is needed to get the old campaigns working. I know like OTC and his Harrier Campaign have to be up dated to work with the new patches. So that should give you an idea of that your will have to be brought up to patch standards too.

I'm a fan of the Iraq/Iran campaign and with new patch has really messed with groundobjects and groundtargets.Mostly,showing invisible.So,I download the WP 2.5 Beta and "some" show up now.Some work involved with getting the decals back on those aircraft also.Basically,I keep a separate install of Iraq/Iran and keep it patched to 083008 patch.Really glad to hear from you also.

Wrench is working on updating the Iran\iraq terrain, so it's probably a good idea to speak to him re. the campaign.

Just want to chime in to say I've used all your campaigns, and every one of them still lives in their own separate, unpatched installs. Still think your Iran Iraq is one of the best we've had created for us all - so thanks!

SB

Great timing!

I just installed Vietnam 1984, into WOV with the Oct_08 patch. It seems to be working!!

I appreciate everything you created and would welcome gladly any updates.

TurtleHawk

Great timing!

I just installed Vietnam 1984, into WOV with the Oct_08 patch. It seems to be working!!

I appreciate everything you created and would welcome gladly any updates.

TurtleHawk

Great news! Quick question, did you do a fresh install all patched up and THEN added vietnan 1984 or did you have your 1984 and then added patch over it?