Sign in to follow this  
allenjb42

Expanding the VPAF in WOV

I'm getting a bored of running into the same stock MiGs in WOV, so what other aircraft did the VPAF use that I can include in my install?

Thanks

Allen

I'm getting a bored of running into the same stock MiGs in WOV, so what other aircraft did the VPAF use that I can include in my install?

Thanks

Allen

for real, that was about it.

Thanks

Allen

Perhaps you can get some Lim-2 (Russian C-47), L-29 Delphin, Illushin-14, MI-8, MI-6 (if you can make them to hang MiGs it would be nice :notworthy: , the Chinese variant of the 2 place MiG-17, AN-2 Colt, and last but not least the Il-28 Beagle, so you can modify the to carry VPAF markinks, wouldn't you?

VPAF bomber mission are problematic, as there is no LARGE runway on the VietnamSEA map.

And those are needed for Beagles, Badgers and Bears (oh my!)

Unless, of course, someone wants to re-targetize the map.....

Oh, and don't think about changing the MinBaseSize= as you'll probably experience CTDs.

Wrench

kevin stein

Perhaps you can get some Lim-2 (Russian C-47), L-29 Delphin, Illushin-14, MI-8, MI-6 (if you can make them to hang MiGs it would be nice :notworthy: , the Chinese variant of the 2 place MiG-17, AN-2 Colt, and last but not least the Il-28 Beagle, so you can modify the to carry VPAF markinks, wouldn't you?

The first VPAF aircraft was like a T-28 or something, the captured it and used it as a night fighter, I might be mistaken, but I think it shot down a cargo plane or something.

You can use licenced J-5 and J-6 (Licenced Mig-17/19) models by fallout3: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...amp;showcat=341

Or Mig-17 (PF/PFU) and Mig-19 (P/PM) radar versions:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...amp;showcat=152

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...um=10&st=10

We are waiting for new Mig-21Bis by Pasko & team, which you can use in "post war" campaigns.

VPAF bomber mission are problematic, as there is no LARGE runway on the VietnamSEA map.

And those are needed for Beagles, Badgers and Bears (oh my!)

Unless, of course, someone wants to re-targetize the map.....

Oh, and don't think about changing the MinBaseSize= as you'll probably experience CTDs.

Wrench

kevin stein

actually I did something like that at one point. I moved the friendly base to Thailand so that the south had fallen and I was able to base and fly Badgers out of Cam Rahn Bay - just as was really the case in '83 - and Migs from everywhere. The only friendly bases were in Thailand.

But I could only get it to work in single mission. I could never get the modded campaign to work right and it would always CTD, so I gave up and moved on.

Edited by Typhoid

Thanks guys. I was thinking about adding the Chinese MiG 17 & 19s, but didn't realise there was so much variety of other birds too.

Thanks guys. I was thinking about adding the Chinese MiG 17 & 19s, but didn't realise there was so much variety of other birds too.

if you expand the period and include Chinese - you can fill up your harddrive pretty well I would think.

Typhoid, for WOV I like to stick to the period, although I might include some native Chinese birds as well as ones exported to Vientam - nothing like an international incident to get the blood pumping eh?

Didn't the VPAF have some Su-7s stashed away too? Silver paintjob or camoflauged?

Did North Vietnam use the su-7 or were they kept near the Chinese border during Nam?

Typhoid, for WOV I like to stick to the period, although I might include some native Chinese birds as well as ones exported to Vientam - nothing like an international incident to get the blood pumping eh?

Didn't the VPAF have some Su-7s stashed away too? Silver paintjob or camoflauged?

I don't know for certain. I've never seen anything that would indicate they had them.

I've added them to my load along with the Chinese birds.

I don't know for certain. I've never seen anything that would indicate they had them.

I've added them to my load along with the Chinese birds.

I added a Chinese Q-5 and a Su-7BM. Used mod aircraft and changed the [aircraft]_data.ini (for the Q-5)as follows:

[MissionData]

NationName=NVietnam <--- changed this

Then I changed one of the camo skins' folder names that came with the mod aircraft to NorthVietnam01

Changed the decals.ini to reflect the size and location of the national insignia. If the decal mentioned says INSIGNIA, then the decal will be the national insignia designated above in the data.ini [MissionData]. If you need to move the decals around, play with the position numbers (Aft-Fwd from center, Up-Dwn from center) and the Rotation (0-level) to suit you.

Changed the decals.ini to use the numbers on the nose like the VPAF MiG-17F.

Put some lights on that bad boy as follows:

// Lights ---------------------------------------------------------

//Position=[right/left of centerline],[fwd/aft from acft center],[above/below acft center]

[LeftPositionLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=-4.52,-2.917,-0.133

LightSrcOffset=-0.2,0.00,0.00

Color=0.98,0.25,0.25

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=FALSE

[RightPositionLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=4.52,-2.917,-0.133

LightSrcOffset=0.20,0.00,0.00

Color=0.25,0.98,0.25

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=FALSE

[RedTailLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0.0,-6.122,2.54

LightSrcOffset=0.00,0.00,0.20

Color=0.98,0.25,0.25

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.4

CanFlash=FALSE

[TailLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0.0,-6,0.72

LightSrcOffset=0.00,0.20,0.00

Color=0.88,0.88,0.88

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.3

CanFlash=FALSE

[TopRotatingBeacon]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0,0,1.045

LightSrcOffset=-0.20,0.00,0.00

Color=0.88,0.05,0.05

Brightness=0.07

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=TRUE

FlashTime=0.5

[bottomRotatingBeacon]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0,0.5,-0.6

LightSrcOffset=-0.20,0.00,0.00

Color=0.88,0.05,0.05

Brightness=0.07

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=TRUE

FlashTime=0.5

[landinglight1]

SystemType=Light

Color=0.88,0.88,0.88

Brightness=0.05

Position=-0.8800,0.4741,-0.1375

LightSrcOffset=2.6046,49.0560,0.0

LightSrcRange=150

LightRange=45.0

CanFlash=FALSE

LightNodeName=LandingLight

IsLandingLight=TRUE

[landinglight2]

SystemType=Light

Color=0.88,0.88,0.88

Brightness=0.05

Position=0.8800,0.4741,-0.1375

LightSrcOffset=2.6046,49.0560,0.0

LightSrcRange=150

LightRange=45.0

CanFlash=FALSE

LightNodeName=LandingLight

IsLandingLight=TRUE

Then proceeded to launch strike missions against the Americans.

Then realized how much an attack capability from the VPAF would have changed the complexion of the Vietnam Air war.

"Then realized how much an attack capability from the VPAF would have changed the complexion of the Vietnam Air war. "

you aren't kidding!!

Think of anti-shipping missions against all of our cargo ships bringing in the beans, bullets and bacon!!

the resources to defend against that would have either ratched up our effort quite a lot, or cut it out of our offensive air campaign.

similar in Desert Shield (before we stepped off)

Yeah but resources for offensive operations could have cost NV more as well, say in place of air defenses, and the antiship strike losses very high I imagine. After I had, well you know, went a little funny in the head last night, I started brushing up on the Piraz ships and stuff, downing migs 80 nmiles away with Talos? I didn't know that.

So what happened Jug?

Put some lights on that bad boy as follows:

Jug, do you do Christmas Trees? :haha:

Yeah but resources for offensive operations could have cost NV more as well, say in place of air defenses, and the antiship strike losses very high I imagine. After I had, well you know, went a little funny in the head last night, I started brushing up on the Piraz ships and stuff, downing migs 80 nmiles away with Talos? I didn't know that.

So what happened Jug?

"downing migs 80 nmiles away with Talos?"

I remember that. Took out a poor NVAF pilot in the pattern at his home field!

that was the REAL Red Crown!