Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

All my weapons have gone :(

Well, having just installed the new Oct 08 upgrade, i went to see what was different in strike fighters, i was customising my weapons, but then i had noticed that the weapons that where there before, when i installed the weapons pack, had gone. So ive just installed the weapons pack again, and now there are no weapons what so ever! My game was working fine before i installed the upgrade. Any clues on how to get over this little problem, im downloading the weapons pack again to see if that makes any differnece, but i doubt it.

Cheers, scouserlad13

Edited by scouserlad13

I noticed the thread/post mentioned "Weapons Pack"- would that refer to the MF Weapons Pack, the older 2006 Weapons Pack or both?

It means any weapon pack.

It means any weapon pack.

Ugh... didn't work. Fresh WOE install, patched to Oct 2008, downloaded latest Weapon Editor, followed directions and no weapons appear in loadout screen..... :dntknw:

Ugh... didn't work. Fresh WOE install, patched to Oct 2008, downloaded latest Weapon Editor, followed directions and no weapons appear in loadout screen..... :dntknw:

You've either missed a step, or you're attempting to use Bunyap's pack on a Soviet or WP aircraft. The solution to the first scenario is to try it again. The solution to the second, is to use the Mirage Factory's pack.

O.k., clean install of WOE, patched to Oct 2008, installed MF Weapon Pack 2.0, installed latest Weapons Editor (placed in Objects folder), went to delete Weapondata.dat..... done. Found weapondata.ini- check there. So far, so good according to you guys.

Start Weapon Editor.... and nothing happens. Click on it again.... nothing happens......

Redownloaded weapon editor from TW site, place in Objects folder, click..... nothing happens. Place weapon editor into Objects/Weapons folder, click.... nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Edited by chiller1064

"Any suggestions?"

the knowedge base has the answer to the problem

just run the weapons editor in windows 98 compatibility mode.

Right click on the weapons editor icon, open the Properties and change it to Win95 Compatibility under that tab. That worked for me.

Hurc

O.k., NOW the weapons editor opens! But whenever I click on "Open" the program simply shuts down...... geez.....

What am I doing wrong?

Seriously, SPENT some time in the KB -- like, read every article in there. All you questions have been answered, literaly, thousands of times. That's why we built it. To try to simplify things; get you the answers you need, and get you back into the game (so to speak)

Wrench

kevin stein

Seriously, SPENT some time in the KB -- like, read every article in there. All you questions have been answered, literaly, thousands of times. That's why we built it. To try to simplify things; get you the answers you need, and get you back into the game (so to speak)

Wrench

kevin stein

O.k., run in Windows/System folder- no go. Run in zip/rar format- no go.

Yes, I DO check the other forums for assistance as well and I'm not a newbie. I've never, ever had issues like this with Third Wire products in adding aircraft, weapon packs, etc.. Normally, it's just a drag, drop and edit the weapondata.ini file and all is well.

O.k., NOW the weapons editor opens! But whenever I click on "Open" the program simply shuts down...... geez.....

What am I doing wrong?

You need to install a weapons pack FIRST, so you have an editable weapondata.ini file. Then you need to point the Wep Editor to the location of the weapondata.ini (for example, Thirdwire/Wings Over Israel/Objects/Weapons). Then you use the editor to save the weapondata.ini. This generates a .dat file that can be read by the game engine.

You need to install a weapons pack FIRST, so you have an editable weapondata.ini file. Then you need to point the Wep Editor to the location of the weapondata.ini (for example, Thirdwire/Wings Over Israel/Objects/Weapons). Then you use the editor to save the weapondata.ini. This generates a .dat file that can be read by the game engine.

Fubar512,

I've installed the MF Weapons Pack over a clean WOE install patched to Oct 2008. Right now the MF Weapons Pack is installed- but the editor starts (after changing the apps compatability setting) and trying to open anything shuts it down.

The weapon editor, upon start, does NOT ask to be pointed to anything- regardless if it is sitting in the same directory as the weapondata.ini file is.

By all accounts, this should be working....

Guys, I was the producer on WOV and WOE at Destineer.... which makes this all the more amusing in some respects.

Fubar512,

I've installed the MF Weapons Pack over a clean WOE install patched to Oct 2008. Right now the MF Weapons Pack is installed- but the editor starts (after changing the apps compatability setting) and trying to open anything shuts it down.

The weapon editor, upon start, does NOT ask to be pointed to anything- regardless if it is sitting in the same directory as the weapondata.ini file is.

By all accounts, this should be working....

Drop the weapon editor into your windows/system32 folder, and make a shortcut from there to your desktop. Then reboot to allow windows to load it. It should work fine afterwords, unless you have something installed that's interfering with it (such as Office 2007).

Drop the weapon editor into your windows/system32 folder, and make a shortcut from there to your desktop. Then reboot to allow windows to load it. It should work fine afterwords, unless you have something installed that's interfering with it (such as Office 2007).

Now it's working! Many thanks Fubar512!!!!