Sign in to follow this  
chiller1064

AI Aircraft not loading out

Just finished a single mission against a batch of MiG-29As- and noticed that none of them were loaded out with A/A missiles. Granted they were not easy to deal with- but my wingman and I whittled them down at long-range.

Anyone else seeing this problem/issue? I know the Russians were short on funds in the 1990s- but no A/A missiles? :rolleyes:

I did edit the .ini file for the MiG-29A as per a forum posting in regards to changing "WP" to "Soviet"- but that didn't solve this issue. I also have the Mirage Factory Weapon Pack 2.0 installed.

Edited by chiller1064

I did edit the .ini file for the MiG-29A as per a forum posting in regards to changing "WP" to "Soviet"- but that didn't solve this issue. I also have the Mirage Factory Weapon Pack 2.0 installed.

The loadout.ini in the MiG-29's folder needs to be edited to reflect the Mirage Factory's (NATO) missile naming convention.

The loadout.ini in the MiG-29's folder needs to be edited to reflect the Mirage Factory's (NATO) missile naming convention.

O.k., is that information on what naming convention MF used public?

Example in Weapondata.ini:

[WeaponData200]

TypeName=AA-8

FullName=R-60T AA-8 Aphid-A

ModelName=aa-8

Example in MiG-29A Loadout.ini:

// Munition Listing -------------------------------------------------

//

// Air to Air

//

// AA-8

// AA-10R

// AA-10IR

// AA-11

// AA-12

Do I need to use the full name as per the Weapondata.ini? The modelName? TypeName?

Edited by chiller1064

Yep, I was already there, made the edits and no change- that's why I was asking if I missed something in the naming convention. I even pasted Wrench's MiG-29A info into the loadout.ini and no change. If that's the case, and I'm doing this correctly, the problem may actually be with the MiG-29A mod in regards to the new update?

Yep, I was already there, made the edits and no change- that's why I was asking if I missed something in the naming convention. I even pasted Wrench's MiG-29A info into the loadout.ini and no change. If that's the case, and I'm doing this correctly, the problem may actually be with the MiG-29A mod in regards to the new update?

Chiller i read your other thread...I guess you got the weapons editor opened and I just want to make sure you :

1.clicked open

2. browsed for your install /objects/weapons folder and located and opened weaponsdata.ini file.

3. clicked saved and exited

The Mig-29A works 100% in my Vietnam 1984 mod with new patch/weapons editor installed / weapons editor from Mirage Factory installed and used.

In loadout inis, you always use the "TypeName".

Wrench

kevin stein

Er wait. WHICH TMF's Weapons Pack? WoI's?

Because that might explain half of the problem you're having.

Er wait. WHICH TMF's Weapons Pack? WoI's?

Because that might explain half of the problem you're having.

The MF Weapons Pack

In loadout inis, you always use the "TypeName".

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench,

That's what I thought based on what I saw in the Weapondata.ini and the editor- but just wanted clarification.