Sign in to follow this  
WDH

Just a thought...

Wrench,

You're going to have to check your mail once again......................... :biggrin:

Fake Oklahoma leads fake Nevada.

OkNv.jpg

Got em!!

Now, all I have to do is figure out the 'missing tiles' I'm not getting. The Eastern Loch has turned to land!!. Had to rebuild the PTO install (read: make a NEW one) last night/this morning. The CTD seems to has stopped -- tested the terrain in 3 other installs (including a post=patch WoI WW2) and it worked fine. Albeit with crappy water... so there's 2 data inis (prepatch & post patch)

This is realllly pissing me off!!! Back to the TE!!!

WRench

kevin stein

Got the CTD issues fixed ... simply created a new 06 level PTO install of WoE. I have NO idea what the hell was casuing it or what.

The "missing harbor" turned out to be a missin tile (DUH!!), when I switched cat pointer. Damn -- even experts make mistakes!

Got the "oceanic hump'' removed, although it removed some of the hills/mountains east of Honolulu (and still can't get Diamond Head in on the height map bmp...gave up cause it looked AWFULLL!!)

all 6 Zeke skins, finished. Vals about 75%, Kates about 20% -- having issues with decals, but that's my fault.

Hinch's new BB look great parked there...just waiting to.....

So...the Havoc is finished. Got it reskinned, and added decals for the engine cowling vents, to replace the painted-on ones that 'leaked' due to mapping issues. Cowl exahust 'nipples' (for lack of a better term) removed via ini edits.

In the shot below, a 58th BS(L) A-20A departs Hickam for a practice run over the Kahoolawe Island Bombing Range (obviously, pre-Attack :wink: )

Wrench

kevin stein

Glad it's working out. I always find looking at my "Big Book of Pearl Habor" (not real name)...... is a little spooky. So many 'what ifs'. I'd like to build a real model of Arizona, but can't quite get there. Maybe if I call her Pennsylvania (where my in-laws used to live), I can build it happily.

Just a little update and some screenies....

one of Shokaku's Kates (level bomber) showing the new, adjusted loadout:

kate_new_strike_loadout.jpg

a Kaga Zeke

zero_ph-1.jpg

on the American side,

VS-6 Dauntless (these arrived in the middle of the 2nd Wave's attacks; 6 were lost one by collision with a Zeke, another shot down a Zeke)

vs6_dauntless.jpg

anyone notice anything unusual about the hook?? :wink:

VF-6 Wildcat. Several of these were hit, and at least one shot down by friendly fire that evening, as they flew in from ENTERPRISE to Ford Ford Island:

vf6_wildcat.jpg

So, not only the terrain, but "time specific" skin sets too!

Wrench

kevin stein

You could also use some Kidd class destroyers, Knox class frigates, for

the 2001 film

Hinch was asking about Uncle Charile's Boys....

in the far background is PENNSYLVANIA, CASSIN and DOWNES

Wrench

kevin stein

Fantastick :clapping::clapping::clapping:

If you dont mind would like to put in my 2 cents worth and contribute something

cat.jpg

Abso-fraking-lutely!!!! :good:

Need any help with it??? I've got the Detail & Scale and In action, plus some other stuff around here on FLying Boats (my favorte kind of aircraft..)

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: any chance of a low-ploy static version??? The Zekes need someting to shoot up at Kanehoe and Ford....

Abso-fraking-lutely!!!! :good:

Need any help with it??? I've got the Detail & Scale and In action, plus some other stuff around here on FLying Boats (my favorte kind of aircraft..)

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: any chance of a low-ploy static version??? The Zekes need someting to shoot up at Kanehoe and Ford....

its pretty much done... using the bombay animation to lower the pontoons... just have to fix the animation,map and skin. low poly static ? sure if i would find out how to do it...

Hinch was asking about Uncle Charile's Boys....

in the far background is PENNSYLVANIA, CASSIN and DOWNES

Wrench

kevin stein

Although, Wrench, you should probably use the 'Oklahoma' for Pennsylvania, as "Pennsy" had rebuilt tripod masts as opposed to the cage masts of Tennessee/California.

Looking good! :good: