Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Seasoned WOE: Winter edition

Seasoned WOE: Winter edition

Seasoned Wings Over Europe:

WINTER EDITION

Environmental modification (with higher resolution snow tiles)

Includes instructions and GermanyCE.ini file to make 3 seasons working in game

(Spring/Summer, Autumn and Winter)

:groupwave:

A Christmas gift bevore Christmas!

Suberb work as always!

Thank,s for your hard work!

Merry christmas

:groupwave:

A Christmas gift bevore Christmas!

Suberb work as always!

Thank,s for your hard work!

Merry christmas

Danke!

Fröliche Weihnachten!

Merry Christmass!

Hey i have a problem. I followed urinstruction set #2 in thereadme and i got this...The tiles wont apearimg00595.jpg

You copied all the tiles? And did you hanged the CAT pointer in your terrain INI ? Like:

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

Also you seem to have some heavy clipping issues... Any changes made to Flightengine.ini?

You copied all the tiles? And did you hanged the CAT pointer in your terrain INI ? Like:

Also you seem to have some heavy clipping issues... Any changes made to Flightengine.ini?

I copies all the tiles and changed the cat pointer to (GermanyCE winter ) then renamed the cat file as such

I did not modify the flight engine. The blue circle under the aircraft only shows up in this terrain

First BACKUP your current GermanyCE folder and try installing it as a replacement pack (extract everything from Winter folder to your GermanyCE, overwrite) -we'll see if it's working at all the simplies way

ok i did everything over from scratch and now im getting the textures to apear nut not the airfields

No objects? CAT pointer as above...

copies all the tiles and changed the cat pointer to (GermanyCE winter ) then renamed the cat file as such

Why would you need to do that???

Seasoned terrains have the seasons in seperate folder; so, the stock, garden variety standard GermanyCE.cat is reused. All the other changes are done via the 'seasonal entries' in the terrain ini.

As this is a 'minor' (no insult intended) mod of the existing terrain, renaming the cat file removes it from the sight of the game engine.

Rename it back to stock ie: GermanyCE.cat, and see what happens

Remember, it's Post Patch (9/08 & 10/08) ONLY -- it will not work in any other environment. Period.

wrench

kevin stein

Seasoned terrains have the seasons in seperate folder; so, the stock, garden variety standard GermanyCE.cat is reused. All the other changes are done via the 'seasonal entries' in the terrain ini.

As this is a 'minor' (no insult intended) mod of the existing terrain, renaming the cat file removes it from the sight of the game engine.

Remember, it's Post Patch (9/08 & 10/08) ONLY -- it will not work in any other environment. Period.

wrench

kevin stein

I think your right. ill try it now

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench, did you read the included readme? triplethr3at wants to install this as a stand-alone clone of Germany terrain.

I must admit, I just did a quick run over it...

For a seperate, winter terrain:

LEAVE STOCK GERMANYCE terrain ALONE!!!

create new folder "GermanyW"

rename all inis to match ie: "GermanyW.ini", etc.

adjust names to match in main ini

add cat pointer line BACK to GermanyCE.cat in main ini:

drop the new tiles and tods into the NEW winter folder

test fly to check.

Wrench

kevin stein

I tried to install the wwinter terain using the instal instructions #1 for replacing the spring germany and i get the same exact problem. now textures

I did exactly as wrench said and now im getting ctd. im not getting any issues with any of the other terrains including the fall terrain (which i got to work independantly of the original germany terrain)

Woohoo! :good::clapping::ok:

I installed it using option #3 (seasons as subfolder of main terrain folder), and it works like a charm :yes:

Having working seasons in one and the same terrain is nothing short of spectacular!

Works well for me good work thank you, but I have autumn trees in it, cause I made a seperate install for winter CE from my Germany Autum folder copied the stuff over and overwrite with the winter files but have now autum trees insted of winter?!

Works well for me good work thank you, but I have autumn trees in it, cause I made a seperate install for winter CE from my Germany Autum folder copied the stuff over and overwrite with the winter files but have now autum trees insted of winter?!

Try reextracting Terrobject_*.tga files from WOE Winter.7z to your Winter terrain. Also make sure you made corrections to your Germany Winter.ini

Try reextracting Terrobject_*.tga files from WOE Winter.7z to your Winter terrain. Also make sure you made corrections to your Germany Winter.ini

Stary, do you confirm that the following files, NOT included in the winter germany Ce

TER_NEWTREES1.TGA

TEROBJECT_RURAL2.TGA

TER_FORRESTS1.TGA

TEROBJECT_TREES2.TGA

TEROBJECT_TREES1.TGA

, BUT called for by the data.ini included in the winter germany are not needed?

I installed the 3 in 1 version, by basically placing the new seasons in their own folder and adding the new germanyCE.ini. I left the summer tiles and data.ini files in the main germanyCE folder. Is this correct? Also...

Looks like some coastal tiles are missing for Winter and Fall...? Also I'm not getting the improved cities anymore.

img00012-2.jpg

img00013-1.jpg

img00014.jpg

img00015-2.jpg

img00016-2.jpg

*edit* - I just checked, and in my stand alone Fall version, I get regular tiles where those costal tiles should be, so it appears that there are some tiles missing...?

Also, how do I get the new cities in the original summer forest and farms.

*edit* (again) - the problem seems to be that the game is going to pull whatever data.ini file is in the main terrain folder, and there are some differences between the data.ini's for winter/fall and the one that came with the original forest and farms. If you use the orginal forest and farms data.ini, you get the weird coastal tiles, and the old style cities. If you use one of the new data.ini's, fall and winter are OK, but summer is all screwed up. 40' cows and whatnot. And if you put all three of these in their own respective folders and put no data.ini in the main terrain folder, the game defaults to the one in the cat file and you get now forests at all.

So CA_Stary, I hope I'm just missing something here regarding installation... can you help me out?

Edited by malibu43

So CA_Stary, I hope I'm just missing something here regarding installation... can you help me out?

Malibu, you did copied included with seasoned versions GermanyCE_data.ini files to corresponding folders? The one included with Autumn goes to your GermanyCE\Autumn folder, and winter _data.ini goes to your GermanyCE\Winter one.

Also seems you are using GERMANYCE.TFD file included with Brain32's repaint. If so delete it

Malibu, you did copied included with seasoned versions GermanyCE_data.ini files to corresponding folders? The one included with Autumn goes to your GermanyCE\Autumn folder, and winter _data.ini goes to your GermanyCE\Winter one.

Also seems you are using GERMANYCE.TFD file included with Brain32's repaint. If so delete it

Yep. Autumn and Winter have their own folders with their own data.inis. I tried installing just Autumn and Winter in a clean germanyCE terrain folder, and I wasn't getting the new cities or forests. It was the new tiles with the same tree and city layouts on top of them. So that seems to confirm that there needs to be a modifed data.ini in the main terrain folder, otherwise the game pulls the one out of the .CAT file.

So my question is which data.ini file is supposed to go in the main terrain folder? If I use the one for Autumn, it screws up my summer forest and farms. If I use the one from forest and farms, it screws up Autumn and Winter.

F**K!

I somehow missed the trees for winter edition...

Here they are:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7913

uploaded them now, should be available shortly

Extract them to your Winter folder.

I apologize everyone for this horrible mistake, such things happen when you release a mod in the most busy week of year...

(runs to a cave, locks the entrance)