Sign in to follow this  
ironroad

Can anyone explain this?

Clean Install of Strike Fighters Project 1

Latest Patch

Latest DX9C (Nov 2008)

For some odd reason the game will not load past 30%, and I had a similar problem with my older system pre latest patch (although it just load ultra slow, after I updated to XP service pack 3)

I turned graphics options way down, ran a clean install, and even did two separate installs.

Window's XP Sp3

DX9C

4gb DDRII pc-6400

Geforce 9600gt, latest forceware

Amd 6000+

Just gets to 30% and hangs indefinitely.

have you checked the FAQ files?

Yep, at here and at Thridwire. Will do some more searching in case I missed anything.

I did a search on the TW forums and all evidence pointed to graphic settings being jacked up to high and number of objects loaded. That is why I turned everything down to low. Even turned the resolution down, still can not pin point the problem.

I wonder if it is an issue with Service Pack 3 for XP.

Edited by ironroad

Your specs mirror mine but I am running Vista. No problems here, and you shouldbe able to run almost full out too. I would roll back your vid card drivers and go from there.

Yep, at here and at Thridwire. Will do some more searching in case I missed anything.

I did a search on the TW forums and all evidence pointed to graphic settings being jacked up to high and number of objects loaded. That is why I turned everything down to low. Even turned the resolution down, still can not pin point the problem.

I wonder if it is an issue with Service Pack 3 for XP.

I'm running Service Pack 3 on XP with lower specs than yours and a lesser graphics card (7600). I have no problems.

no clue but service pack 3 shouldn't be doing it. SP3 seems to have gooned up most of the utilities, but my TW installs all work ok.

I know my system can run it, when I first got the game many years ago, I was able to run it at almost full with the machine I was using back them. This title has been with me from from four different setups, and I have played it religiously because of it's ease of setup and load times. One of the few PC games you can just "jump in" with out long load times or a heavy toll on even the oldest of systems.

Must be driver or software issue on my end, just have to go through the task of pin pointing it. I tired forceware 181 and 180 series drivers, can get it to load after a long and drawn out wait. Will be defragging and rolling back tonight.

Edited by ironroad

I'll be if you do a system restore to time JUST before you installed XP's SP3, you'll find the games will start working again

:wink:

been there, done that

WRench

kevin stein

I'll be if you do a system restore to time JUST before you installed XP's SP3, you'll find the games will start working again

been there, done that

WRench

kevin stein

I doubt it is SP3, but something along the way perhaps. I just did a complete system restore after a bad crash and brought it all the way back up to SP3. No problems (except for the utilities which fail to work the same as prior to the restore). The sims, however, work better than before. And my harddrive is much leaner!

been there, done that

WRench

kevin stein

Yeah I need to stop pussy footing around and get these adapters so I can run my old 60 gig ide drive as a back up, already lost a lot of great mods, personal repaints, and self ini tweaks after my last MB bit the dust and I upgraded.

Yeah I need to stop pussy footing around and get these adapters so I can run my old 60 gig ide drive as a back up, already lost a lot of great mods, personal repaints, and self ini tweaks after my last MB bit the dust and I upgraded.

that is how I set mine up two. All of my data and mods are on my second drive. Works great and everything was protected during my C drive crash. And backed up now as well.

Off the wall,guess.

Go to SFP1 exe file and right click to properties Make it Windows 95 compatible.

It worked for me a couple of times.

There is a Windows Live Care One that is available to public to assist in cleaning,tune-up and backing your files.I use it every Monday night on a timer that it lets you set up.I use a DVD-RW disk to download the back-up files on and it keeps computer fast.Downside is,it cost $50-$60 bucks!

Brady