Sign in to follow this  
HotNess

Freetrack

HELLO.. YOU PEOPLE!!!!

..(that was my christoper walken impression)

http://www.free-track.net/english/

anyways...anybody use it or tried it or have it..lalala...,im waitig for my trackit4..but when got here was broke..so had to send it back and while i wait i was gunna try this,but you have to make the bits yourself...i have infared diods and a solder iron n thats it...lol...is it worth me tryng to build this thing,and any off you have advice on what the hell im supposed to do with the bits...lol

xx vanessa xx

no comment never used it - get a TrackIR 4 - they are great, mine has never broken...ever :)

no comment never used it - get a TrackIR 4 - they are great, mine has never broken...ever :)

then give me yours.... :haha:

xx v xx

typical! I can go one better and show you how to plug yours in if you like lol

HELLO.. YOU PEOPLE!!!!

..(that was my christoper walken impression)

http://www.free-track.net/english/

anyways...anybody use it or tried it or have it..lalala...,im waitig for my trackit4..but when got here was broke..so had to send it back and while i wait i was gunna try this,but you have to make the bits yourself...i have infared diods and a solder iron n thats it...lol...is it worth me tryng to build this thing,and any off you have advice on what the hell im supposed to do with the bits...lol

xx vanessa xx

Yes, I have it and use it. I spent a few hours with a friend soldiering up the hat and getting it to work. I am 100% glad that I went the $25-$30 route and did not spend a ton of money on track IR.

Of course, I can't compare the two, but I can't see how track IR is $150 better.

There is a support forum at the free-track website and there is a whole section on hardware/software setup. I'm sure you could find all the info you need to get up and running.

LOL, well for some of us a few hours IS worth $150. :wink:

HHHmmmmm Jedi Master all depends on what your paying $150 an hour for :huh: , you care to enlighten us hmmmmm lol

HHHmmmmm Jedi Master all depends on what your paying $150 an hour for :huh: , you care to enlighten us hmmmmm lol

im only £75 per hour....im bargin basement type..lol

Edited by racindriver1

I mean I'd rather pay $150 than spend several of my precious few "free" hours soldering crap together. :wink:

no offense, but the folks i've seen around on the net wearing those strange homemade duct-taped freetracks, look kinda lame - even more than a typical sim gamer does :smile:

i don't know, somehow it just made me sad, really

HOOOOO KAYYYYY.....i bought bits...i tried,i burnt my kitchen top with solder iron and after 8 mins i gave up n cant be arsed with it...stupid building stuff....guess ill have to wait for trackir to come again..i have no patience.. :suicide:

xx v xx :grin:

post-8705-1231620480.jpg

I'm confused by the spoon in that picture.....

Edited by SkippyBing

I'm confused by the spoon in that picture.....

what can i say...i like spoons.!...its a multi purpose tool.

in that filmage thing..."field of dreams"...that man kept hearing.."if you build it,he will come".....WELL I BUILT IT N FU*K ALL CAME...do not belive that movie folks..its a con... :biggrin:

xx v xx

LOL.

Is a nine volt battery not slight overkill for three diodes?

I did almost try building one yesterday but the local Maplins was out of IR diodes so I ended up buying a new keyboard instead.

LOL.

Is a nine volt battery not slight overkill for three diodes?

I did almost try building one yesterday but the local Maplins was out of IR diodes so I ended up buying a new keyboard instead.

Right..this is what you WILL DO..!!...you will go back to maplins..(same place i got my stuff),you will get the bits,and you will then build it and make it work....I will then either come round and steal yours by stepping on you in high heels,or you will tell me step by step what you did....you dont have a choice in this...... :rofl:

xx v xxx

HOOOOO KAYYYYY.....i bought bits...i tried,i burnt my kitchen top with solder iron and after 8 mins i gave up n cant be arsed with it...stupid building stuff....guess ill have to wait for trackir to come again..i have no patience.. :suicide:

xx v xx :grin:

You could try plugging in the soldering Iron?? just a thought :ok:

You could try plugging in the soldering Iron?? just a thought :ok:

OH trust you to be hanging around somewhere...get out my kitchen..!!!!!..... :biggrin:

xx v xx

Just popped by to remove the knives :victory:

That one on the table looks to close for comfort lol

Just popped by to remove the knives :victory:

That one on the table looks to close for comfort lol

See,i do think of you...i was think about you when i bought the knife,and everytime i used it to slice things.....LOL

xx v xx

See,i do think of you...i was think about you when i bought the knife,and everytime i used it to slice things.....LOL

xx v xx

Well hope you dont cut off your own finger while your day dreaming about me lol

Whoa! Hold everything! You meen I can build me one of these thingamajigs? I got WAY too many electronics parts around here and some new tips for my weller soldering iron. Looks like I gotz me a project!!

Heh, you think the guys with the duct tape look funny. Wait'll ya get a load of me! :crazy:

see...gwar is nice,he will build one then tell me how to do it....oohh show me what ya can do with your duck tape and bits....lol

as for you miggy....YOU,ME...ducktape,solder iron and kinfe...and your screams of agony....thats a beautiful dream to me baby... :wink:

xx v xx

Right, couldn't be bothered trying to find IR LEDs so I'm using some red ones, however the wiring is the same.

If you look at the picture below black is for negative and red positive, proving that for once I can follow convention. For the LEDs the black leads go to the short leg and the red leads got to the long leg, this is basically the only bit you can get wrong but if you do it won't work.

You'll also see I didn't bother with any of the current limiting resistors that the Freetrack guide recommends using, if you want to use them they go between the red lead and the long leg of the LED. Basically they'll prolong component life, there might be a safety aspect as well vis overheating but it's a risk I'm willing/drunk enough to take.

gallery_4923_257_247609.jpg

This is with power applied, I'm only using two 1.5v AA batteries as that's more than enough for the LEDs I'm using as they only need about 1.6v. I'm only using an 8 cell holder because it was lying around. You wouldn't believe the crap I have lying around I found a DVD player I didn't know I had the other day and I've a sneaky suspicion I could build two more computers with the parts I've got in the back of my wardroom, it's like Narnia in there just with more motherboards and less fawns....

gallery_4923_257_154391.jpg

I suppose I should see if I can get it to work with the Freetrack software now...