:good:

So, I've deleted, re-downloaded, and re-installed.

The first time I start the sim with the Super Hornet, I get approximately 4 seconds of thrust before the engines die and I coast to a halt on runway 36. Every subsequent time I fly the aircraft, the engines are dead from the moment the sim starts.

Curious...

I am running SF2 in 32bit Vista Sp1 on an dell built Intel Core 2 Quad based system with 4gb or ram and (I think) 512mb of video ram. I've never seen anything like this before with any other mod. It's odd...

Edited by Thog10

The mod was not built to be compatible with SF2.

That being said, try the following:

Go into the data.ini, find the following line:

SystemName[xxx]=Refueler (or something similiar)

Delete the line.

Save and try again.

FC

Looks like I have some editing to do on the topic pages....

Deleting the "refueler" system line in the data.ini worked. Thank you FC and Eric for your help!

Well for the most part.. I added it to the download (probably, eventually add it to the readme if I add more stuff) topics to let people know anyways :good:

The root cause of the issue is the Thrust Vectoring setup used in the refueler mod. If the thrust vector controls are set 'out of range', the refueling 'engine' will fail, causing all the engines to fail.

Don't ask me why this happens...I'm not sure. The solution may be to make another 'dummy' engine with thrust vectoring that has no thrust, that way you can assign a 'range' of motion for the TV, which will then constrain the refueling engine.

It's something that needs to be tested before it can be released.

FC

It's worth a look-see.

Got some WIPs along with Vampyre's skin. VX-9 CAG and a Ferris scheme based off the F-16XL. Originally I was going to be lazy and do the top only, but the extremely efficient mapping a la FC:

post-5735-1238913899_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1238913913_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1238913921_thumb.jpg

Almost there..

post-5735-1238940088_thumb.jpg

VX-9 CAG Uploaded.

The root cause of the issue is the Thrust Vectoring setup used in the refueler mod. If the thrust vector controls are set 'out of range', the refueling 'engine' will fail, causing all the engines to fail.

Duh :blink: How coud the TVControls set be "out of range" when you start the mission ???? Normaly it's set to 0 by default

Edited by kreelin

I know...but when I was testing the refueler concept , I tried it on a few aircraft and noticed if I held the TV control long enough, the 'engine' would break, breaking all the other engines on the aircraft and giving results exactly like the original poster experienced.

It's the simplest explanation I can think of...only because it matches what I experienced.

FC

Just have recently bought and downloaded a .3ds model of the SHARP Pod (replaced the TARPS pod) for the Supa Bug... If somebody would like to convert it I have it available for editing.

http://www.meshfactory.com/catalog/product...products_id=407

And just for the legalese again:

Sent: Thu 4/05/07 11:36 AM

To: Eric Johnson

Eric,

As long as the model is converted into a proprietary format, encrypted,

or is merged into a some sort of binary executable game file, it would

be fine. What we don't want is the model and textures distributed with

the sim in a common/commercial 3d format that would allow it to be

separated and then re-distributed as a stand-alone commercial 3d model.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Marv Mays

Owner / Lead Artist

Mesh Factory

mm@meshfactory.com

1605 Terrawenda Drive

Defiance, OH 43512

USA

fax: 561.431.2648

I have my TV control mapped to my Ant knob on my Cougar. For every other sim out there, keeping that in the middle is appropriate for controlling radar azimuth and/or scan bars. But for TVC, it means I start a mission with the nozzles at 45 degrees. That can be a problem!

I have my TV control mapped to my Ant knob on my Cougar. For every other sim out there, keeping that in the middle is appropriate for controlling radar azimuth and/or scan bars. But for TVC, it means I start a mission with the nozzles at 45 degrees. That can be a problem!

Actually JM, that's what I was thinking was the problem...which was why it may have been peculiar to his setup.

FC

Tweaking the intake texture and JAT81500 in his graciousness did the SHARP Pod, initial and weathered. Plans is to update the E and F with this, along with the template PSD and original textures.

post-5735-1239284419_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1239284433_thumb.jpg

Top or Bottom?

post-5735-1239372149_thumb.jpg

...that's a rather personal question, sir...

:lol: I meant the plane.... :smile:

Hi

Trying to find the fix where the nose wheel of the A/c goes through the runway, but can't find the post anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Hi

Trying to find the fix where the nose wheel of the A/c goes through the runway, but can't find the post anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

It is the readme,

In the data.ini of the airplane those lines should be commented out. the read me explains why those lines are there, and why you have an option to comment them out

//SystemName[020]=NoseSkid

//SystemName[021]=LeftSkid

//SystemName[022]=RightSkid

Vampyre had the same issue, and not sure if it's just a graphics issue or that issue. If you can, tell me what airfield on what map and perhaps I can see for myself. I don't have that problem so....

Screenshot out of Neuberg but happens from any field. Only when breaks are on and applying power. Commenting out the skid command didn't make any difference. Thanks

post-18828-1239465625_thumb.jpg

Edited by snakeman