Quick question: I'm using the community weapons pack, and even though I can get JDAMs in my loadouts for the Superhornets how come I don't get JSOWs? The guidance and attachment types seem identical.

You have to mess with the JSOW itself. If I remember correctly you have to have it exported for it to "show up"

That worked great. Thanks Eric.

Defence Suppression missions suddenly got a lot more interesting:

HornetJSOW1.jpg

Love the asymmetrical loadouts you set up btw.

HornetJSOW2.jpg

In fact I'm loving these planes full stop. Well done to you, FC and the rest of the team. And to think it all started because you didn't like the angle of the pylons on the first F\A-18F model....

I was wondering why you were getting JSOWs and I wasn't...

Sheesh, and I brought the SH into game and built the JSOW.

Can't see the forest for the trees sometimes...

FC

Anyone know if anybody has done an AGM-84K. I wanted to get some shots of my Super carrying a couple. I can't seem to find one anywhere.

No there's an earlier version, that's all I know.

And after STORM's advice, I figured it would represent what's rolling off the decks anyways. Next update I'm going to redo the CAS one though, now that I figured out which is which.

Sorry for the delay, had to bend my will around the mapping.

And if SidDogg wouldn't mind making some decals for the tail numbers...

post-5735-1237127368_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1237127378_thumb.jpg

Also allenbj42, I've modded the original ini entry, removing the "JSOW" portion to allow more assymetrical layouts. The other version I would carry an E Mav, a JDAM, JSOW, tank, and a GBU-12 and GBU-16, which was good for any mission.

Also, got a CTD last night with landings on hard. Not sure if it's a result of how I landed, but an F version a clear CTD. Any other things like that?

Got an odd problem with my Echo, everything works great but the throttle display in the in game HUD says its always in afterburner and the afterburner sound won't turn off.

Check your mapping for your thrust vectoring. The kreelin refuelling mod acts as though it's on "full burner" when in reality it isn't. It's an annoying artifact for that mod itself.

Ah, gotcha, I've got my TV mapped to one of the rotaries on my X45, that's probably it.

Just wanted to say again what a great mod this is. The E and F are not meant for SEAD though, I always get my tail blown off.

Just wanted to say again what a great mod this is. The E and F are not meant for SEAD though, I always get my tail blown off.

I think then, you're probably not doing it right. Just load up on HARMs and have fun.

Or readjust your tactics. I fly the mountains so much that HARMs of course, are useless. Mavericks are my primary "SEAD" weapon in that sense of the word, and really don't fly without them anymore, along with JDAMs. I can't say I always come back unscathed, but more often than not I've already "read" each system that can be downloaded and adjust my tactics accordingly.

SEAD is very much part of its missions capabilites.

It's not as researched as the MF MiG-29, but I'm content with it :good:

Or readjust your tactics. I fly the mountains so much that HARMs of course, are useless. Mavericks are my primary "SEAD" weapon in that sense of the word, and really don't fly without them anymore, along with JDAMs. I can't say I always come back unscathed, but more often than not I've already "read" each system that can be downloaded and adjust my tactics accordingly.

I almost never use ARMs in game. There is no cue whatsoever to a lock on to a radar signal so I never know If it will hit anything. I always use mavs and JDAMs. Problem is the ecm on the E and F seem to be ineffective against the newer SAMs. I try to fire outside of their envelope but sooner or later I have to get in close to arquire them.

Well, I agree there could be a better cue to the pilot that he has acquired a radar source with the HARM seeker. However, if you know there's a SAM or AAA radar out there, check your RWR. Then, point that direction and take a shot. Odds are the radar is on and looking for you, if not at you. So, the HARM will zorch off the rail, then after a few seconds, will make a bat-turn towards the radar, and shortly after - BOOM! Now there's a whole site of 6 SAM launchers with no radar to guide them. Clean-up or bypass the leftovers.

With Mavs and JDAMs, you get better feedback on your targeting, but you have to get a lot closer, thus exposing yourself to greater chance of being shot at/shot down. With JDAMs you should be able to get away with high-altitude bombing, without exposing yourself to at least some SAMs. How high are you when dropping those?

Also, have you tried using the ALE-50 to get closer?

I almost never use ARMs in game. There is no cue whatsoever to a lock on to a radar signal so I never know If it will hit anything. I always use mavs and JDAMs. Problem is the ecm on the E and F seem to be ineffective against the newer SAMs. I try to fire outside of their envelope but sooner or later I have to get in close to arquire them.

There's a tut on the Thirdwire forums on how to use them as well as in this tut I did ages ago:

http://562.50megs.com/WOE/Tutorials/GWU.zip

It's pretty much what gbnavy61 said, just more graphical.

And the only problem with the correctly modelled Mavs is that it's slow. I kinda rectified that by adding a sustainer booster as well as some other little goodies. I can get a pair off fairly quickly at two targets, though I have to be at idle and airbrakes deployed. Not a good tactic in some cases, but useful if there's no Red Air around.

There's a tut on the Thirdwire forums on how to use them as well as in this tut I did ages ago:

http://562.50megs.com/WOE/Tutorials/GWU.zip

It's pretty much what gbnavy61 said, just more graphical.

And the only problem with the correctly modelled Mavs is that it's slow. I kinda rectified that by adding a sustainer booster as well as some other little goodies. I can get a pair off fairly quickly at two targets, though I have to be at idle and airbrakes deployed. Not a good tactic in some cases, but useful if there's no Red Air around.

That helped out a lot. My HARMs were always missing. One thing, in the tutorial you use a LANTRIN pod. I wasn't able to load this on my Hornet for some reason, but I was able to use the paveways. Is it still required? The paveways worked but I had to use them further away and at much higher altitude than you did. Any fast and low passes and they either passed the target up or they plowed into the ground.

Edited by zmatt

It takes practice, and even then I still over/under shoot them. With the Oct 08 patch you have to get in much closer (that was done like Strike Fighters 1 unpatched, years ago. You have to tweak the LANTIRN in the Weapons Editor to get it work, if I remember correctly it's the AAQ-14.

Still working, any specific number?

post-5735-1237299534_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1237299549_thumb.jpg

EricJ,

I did a Blue Angels F-4J Skin awhile back. It's on C5's Site. You can use all the Numbers .TGA's if You want. Also, there's a Numbers.LST for the whole Squadron, Numbers 1-7....Or 8. I forget.....But You can use them to save You time.

In regards to Your SH. I hope to reskin the Game's TERs to make an I-TER and I-MER's that is used on the SH, Hornet and AV-8Bs. The difference in real life is that the I-TERs/MERs are painted Low-Viz Grey and they don't have Safety Detent Pins with the "Remove Before Flight" Red Streamers, And doesn't have the Single/Ripple Selection Switch on the back of them. That's because the I-TERs/MERs are Computer controlled by the Mission Computer onboard those MD/Boeing Aircraft. Other than that, They preform just like regular TERs/MERs in all respects. I hope to have Skins for them with a latest AV-8B Skin I'm doing.

331KillerBee