And unstuck... and limited... unfortunately I think the game coding only allows for a max of four gun barrels... unfortunately I can't get the effect I want, but it's still neat nontheless.

post-5735-12522718484887_thumb.jpg

post-5735-12522718845795_thumb.jpg

More engine nozzle tweaking.

post-5735-12524172896837_thumb.jpg

Well through a good friend, I managed to get a hold of 3ds max... only problem is now the model above I exported with the right plugin, and no see no model. Something I'm forgetting? Because I do have it as a named selection (so far) and so far not sure what to do.

maybe the polycount is too high?

I don't know...the SH is 40k polygons and it shows. I can't see getting much more than that for any aircraft...usually if something like that happens, the sim just CTDs.

FC

Actually the vehicle is 19K, and the shots above are proof it shows. Pureblue found some errors (it was like very small so it was there, just very small) after taking a look himself. My modeler adjusted it for the size of a BTR-70, and going by other shots roughly the miniature size (it's based off a miniature). So now is that the problem is getting it to recognize the texture maps, and my modeler isn't too familiar with the TW other than the exporter notes, so that's the next stumbling block.

Basic color.

post-5735-12524530512792_thumb.jpg

post-5735-12524530931458_thumb.jpg

Edited by EricJ

working on it some more...

post-5735-12524985910567_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1252498604144_thumb.jpg

post-5735-12524986329549_thumb.jpg

will you make it drivable, with such amount of details and nice 3D work ... it would be great as a drivable tank :-P

PS I know we had this disscusion befor..

Looking better with every shot. You got back up to speed w/ Max pretty quick Eric :good:

Are the turret and guns moving yet? I think all you have to do is detach those meshes and name them Turret,Guns and set their pivot points to bottom/center.

The stock Shilka should be a good example for the data.ini.

TK's Notes have something like

A. Mesh Hierarchy
Ground Object should have meshes for all moving and detachable parts.
The hierarchy should be constructed in a logical manner so when one mesh isremoved, all parts attached to it would also be removed.
The following is alist of sample mesh hierarchy; the exact list would depend on the particularobject.

Chassis
Turret
Gun Barrel
Radar Dish
Left Tracks
Right Tracks
[/Code]

Well my modeler Razvan talked to one of his buddies and through trial and error we got it working, so not up to speed yet... still a slow process with Max...

Finally a GOOD Rafale.

suicidal is still working on that amongst the other things... unless I missed something?

Yup I had bought a model, had a friend optimize it slightly, then suicidal has been itermittenly working on it. JAT81500 has a whole slew of things setup for it (ini, modded Gripen cockpit), just really need the model integrated and such.

Yes I remember, it`s a while back, oh great news, JAT is a good man he helped me with the FM for the 33UB!!! Many thanks to him.

You know Eric, if you need a tester for the frrench bird just tell me ;-)

Yes I remember, it`s a while back, oh great news, JAT is a good man he helped me with the FM for the 33UB!!! Many thanks to him.

You know Eric, if you need a tester for the frrench bird just tell me ;-)

Thanks my friend, it's always a pleasure to work on great planes :clapping:

I have to say that the Rafale is THE plane that i miss in this sim.

I think you will enjoy the FM, the pit, the avionic and a few more surprise.

I think you will enjoy the FM, the pit, the avionic and a few more surprise.

very interesting :yikes:

Actually the pit is the Gripen's one with some tweaks but it matching well. The avionic is totaly new and looks like the real one (i think :grin: )

Super Hornet 1.4 fixes:

-Improved engine nozzle textures

-Readme includes flying aircraft on Hard vs. Normal or Easy.

-Drop Tank texture now has alignment lines, on the side, and bottom for painting or decalling.

-Squadron insignia on a few aircraft, thanks to SidDogg for the VFA-102 Diamondbacks CAG jet.

-Various texture tweaks based on better reference material.

Uploaded :good:

Edited by EricJ

Super Hornet 1.4 fixes:

-Improved engine nozzle textures

-Readme includes flying aircraft on Hard vs. Normal or Easy.

-Drop Tank texture now has alignment lines, on the side, and bottom for painting or decalling.

-Squadron insignia on a few aircraft, thanks to SidDogg for the VFA-102 Diamondbacks CAG jet.

-Various texture tweaks based on better reference material.

Uploaded :good:

:clapping: Many thanks Eric!

No problem! Also the PSD templates are updated with the new stuff I added as well.

suicidal is still working on that amongst the other things... unless I missed something?

Speaking with Marcos While back , he is working on the Landing gear Animation, while back i was hunting with him FS tutorials about it but nothing really good we've found so far...

if somebody knows one Landing Gear Animating Tutorial, we'd be gratefull.

:drinks: