Eric, since you're back, I've pinned this thread. (it's nice to have you back, brudda!)

Now for something else, a Hornet project I was working on, for the F/A-18C 03 version:

wip151.JPG

wip152.JPG

wip153.JPG

For some reason SF2 doesn't have the 400 series modex so for now it'll have to be the 300 series as it won't change it despite being set in the numbers.lst

I'll check the pack as it may have already been done though, I'll let you know

I'll put it on my To Do list down the road Stratos, as I got to find a high res decal of it. I have a decal sheet already but I will see what I can do with it.

Finally managed to tweak the numbers and number list shows the 400 series modex. For the TMF Hornet pack, the VFA-195 skin and decals have to be present for it to work (for the numbers):

wip156.JPG

wip157.JPG

I also have to redo yhe stars as the dice aren't positioned right.

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 2

Thanks Eric, have something in mind for that plane, Baghdad airport in 2003...

CU5iBli.jpg

And ins shameless promotion, I think you will like this series of pics, in part inspired by AllenJb SF2 histories, and part by your Super Hornet pics.

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/91363-strike-fighters-2-screenshots-thread/?do=findComment&comment=758058

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EricJ said:

For some reason SF2 doesn't have the 400 series modex so for now it'll have to be the 300 series as it won't change it despite being set in the numbers.lst

I can send you 4xx- modex decals, when I'm back home in the evening.

Edit: I've seen, you managed the modex-issue, so nevermind.

Edited by Nyghtfall

7 hours ago, Stratos said:

Thanks Eric, have something in mind for that plane, Baghdad airport in 2003...

CU5iBli.jpg

And ins shameless promotion, I think you will like this series of pics, in part inspired by AllenJb SF2 histories, and part by your Super Hornet pics.

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/91363-strike-fighters-2-screenshots-thread/?do=findComment&comment=758058

Thanks for the photo, the more I can use the better for a particular time frame, as the reference shots (not that much honestly) I have are for various styles of the same theme, or line jets, etc.

4 hours ago, Nyghtfall said:

I can send you 4xx- modex decals, when I'm back home in the evening.

Edit: I've seen, you managed the modex-issue, so nevermind.

I'll keep it in mind for the future though, as I don't do many jets with that number series. The result above is what I achieved after some creative decals.ini editing.

wip158.JPG

Doing some tracing of the first reference photos. Don't mind the VFA-2 stuff, this is me using a personal skin to adapt to the VMFA(Aw)-225 skin.

Fully traced on the tail. The colors won't be too exact, more like that reference photo of it in the air, just as a fair warning even though it has a gradient color scheme applied to it. However, the end of the braid is going to go lower (the whole slimer needs to be moved down as well) so it looks to scale with the part on the tail.

wip159.JPG

• Like 1

wip160.JPG

I realize it's a bit off but the way that the skin is setup it works like this. I can move the slimers down and see if it looks better but here it is colored.

• Like 3

you really need to get this tool

it does so much wonders for skinners (and now even shows tgas for decallers like me) and save alot of time from the old "make a change, fire game up, make correction, rinse wash repeat". just click on what youre checking once again and presto! change is displayed in 5 seconds

I have that tool and honestly never thought of it really when I started obviously. I may use it though, so we'll see.

once you do, youll kick yourself in the ass for not having used it

its that good

Still like to feature creep because it's a request:

wip162.jpg

wip163.jpg

• Like 2

Telling ya, brother -- the LOD Viewer is the best!! It'll let you take so much time off setting decal positions; you can even make changes in the decal ini, refresh the skin and watch them move! 

It's totally cool!!! 

Cool! So far I've been using it (thanks daddyairplanes) and it's helped stop me from going in-game from taking time to go through the motions of a mission.

Getting the nose right, as well as the rest. I used some Hagesawa decals for the VMFA(AW)-225 ends and they turned out okay. Speaking of model kits, the skin is a kit bash if I ever saw one, given I have three references for the same jet and I can only do so much.

wip164.jpg

wip165.jpg

• Like 1