Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

MIRAGE IVA WIP UPDATE

Interesting note. Soon as I grabbed this puppy, I modded the wing hardpoints to be able to carry a pair of MERs. With 6 under each wing and the nuke on the centreline, it wouldn't budge until I jettisoned something... :biggrin: Think I overloaded the sucker. heh

Veltro, seriously, this is an awesome piece of kit! You've made my week dude!

Beside the AN- NUCS and the ASMP Did it carry conventional Bombs ?

before i foreget If someone is working on the Fm keep me informed please

Again I want to express my thanks to those who have stepped up and have helped me :clapping::clapping:

Beside the AN- NUCS and the ASMP Did it carry conventional Bombs ?

No conventionnal bombs but:

- Both Mirage IV "A" and "P" were able to use JATO rockets

- The "P" used ASMP missile with fueltanks + one "Phimat" flares-launcher under the right wing, and one "Barax" counter-mesure pod under the left one.

- The "P(hotographie)" version had the same ordinance but with a CT-52 photo pod under the belly, which looked a little bit like the AN-22 bomb.

A few links

JATO rockets , a walkaround , various pics , and a model but it could be useful.

No conventionnal bombs but:

- Both Mirage IV "A" and "P" were able to use JATO rockets

- The "P" used ASMP missile with fueltanks + one "Phimat" flares-launcher under the right wing, and one "Barax" counter-mesure pod under the left one.

- The "P(hotographie)" version had the same ordinance but with a CT-52 photo pod under the belly, which looked a little bit like the AN-22 bomb.

A few links

JATO rockets , a walkaround , various pics , and a model but it could be useful.

someone was working on the Jato's

ahem :blink: I beg to differ Sir I do not misinterpret nothing...infact I stride to better myself... I had no formal training in 3d artistry . Everyday I experiment and read ( including Tips that you have given me to improve) so that each new model I start gets more detailed

People we need to lighten up

That's good then. You had me worried there for a while.

Man this is AwSim veltro!!

I read they sat alert on the grass airfield under umbrellas for the aircrew. Grass sprayed with hardener. What a life eh?...for the air crew not the lawn mower crews. :biggrin:

That's good then. You had me worried there for a while.

all you have to worry about is to keep on giving me more tips :wink:

Hi Veltro - Thanks for a nice-looking aircraft! So I couldn't resist the temptation...

But for some reason, I can't get the decals to show on the rear fuselage. Probably getting the mesh name wrong. Could you tell me the correct name for the area marked? Thanks!

Hi Veltro - Thanks for a nice-looking aircraft! So I couldn't resist the temptation...

But for some reason, I can't get the decals to show on the rear fuselage. Probably getting the mesh name wrong. Could you tell me the correct name for the area marked? Thanks!

fuselage

Hello

prototype of Mirage IV carry conventional Bombs.

we can easily make a WHAT IF MODEL with bomb ,it a simple work. :wink:

in the same thing it was a project for the marine to use a variant of Mirage IV in heavy interceptor role with 2 missiles.

Christian

post-25040-1239390869_thumb.jpg

post-25040-1239390883_thumb.jpg

Far be it from me to suggest any unrealistic "what-iffing", but does this interest anyone? :blink:

Looks like a f-106 for france, what about a what if weapon like the Genie missile! Looks good!

Also interested in the green grey skin I saw on the first IV pics

And it's just got worse... :stars: Admittedly, don't look too hard, or you'll see the forward Mavericks biting into that odd dustbin-lid thingy under the fuselage, but...

@ndicki

Great idea, I like it.

If you take a look at this model: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7828

you will see it includes as separate LOD some nice under-fuselage pylons "a-la Mirage". You may easily add them to the Mirage IV and your missiles and bombs will no longer float in the air beneath the aircraft. Since it will be for personal use (anyone can do it for himself) I guess it will not be a violation of author's rights... Well, just an idea, hope you do not mind.

Good idea - and I'd missed the Cheetah, which is an aircraft I've wanted for a long time.

I saw some pics of the Cheetah as WIP a twoseater wich looked very nice so it`s coming. About this Mirage IV, it looks even better and better, the las LOD update was good hope to see some more refinements of this 3D model.

a very nice and detailed 3D model atracts more modders to invest some time into it, so the result looks and feels very good!

Go veltro go!!!!

(I'm starting to appreciate this sim more and more. The last time I could do this sort of fiddling around was in CFS2. CFS3 is much more "strict", although that helps to reduce online cheating.)