" it was build in 1932 and crash in the first test, "

ya think?,,,,buildings arent supposed to fly,

conccur with Gwar, but it seems they never headt that motto:never given up

it was build in 1932 and crash in the first test

epic fail translator or reader thing.

Navy guys hate large aircraft since B-36 sank the USS United States. :biggrin:

WOW, Quite a few things to say really,

1. Ive never seen so many wheels or engines on an aircraft

2. Its got a navy destroyer turret on the bottom!

3. I like the way they have shown the Nazi's as being able to create flying saucers

4. ITS BIG!

The problem was the engines weren't powerful enough back then to make such a thing practical.

Today they are!

The problem was the engines weren't powerful enough back then to make such a thing practical.

Today they are!

I know, I coulda sworn I read that the engines produced 750hp each...there are cars with more than that...and did anyone notice how FAT the wings were? I supose one would need that much lift though

Surprised it hasnt been made into the Il-2 1946 Mod yet.

Imagine the recoil on those guns though!

-S

It's definitely a slow speed aerofoil!

Oh yeah. Theres no way that monstrosity could go fast with a TOTAL of just over 5000hp

We had a bomber like that...didn't the B-36 have wings so thick the engineer could walk inside them? :grin:

TX!#@$::

Well, guess the russians really couldn't handle gigantism in early aviation just yet...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_ANT-20

Ah you are still new here. The replacement Ant-20bis in your link was successful and flew cargo until crashing 1942. For the Newbies, this happens to airplanes, from time to time. Sad.gif

Russians invented gigantism, toughness, and survivability in aviation. :good: See near the bottom of the first page of this thread for some info on this.

Guest ruhzyo

yama hama..

Russians invented ...... and survivability in aviation. :good:

I snickered.

rz:

I snickered.

You came to the *right* place my new friend. You too can become a combat ace, and won't need to hide behind cowardly snickering.

Near the bottom of the first page of this thread, we have some information on Russian born size, toughness, and survivability in aviation.

Bigass. Badass. Survival of the most survivable. Its basic Aviation Darwinism. SargeSun.gif

Ah you are still new here. The replacement Ant-20bis in your link was successful and flew cargo until crashing 1942. For the Newbies, this happens to airplanes, from time to time. Sad.gif

Russians invented gigantism, toughness, and survivability in aviation. :good: See near the bottom of the first page of this thread for some info on this.

Oh well. I prefer the K-7 to the ANT-20 anyways :biggrin:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Mee too. thumbs.gif I like "what if": K-7, B-70, Avro 730. Your next Re-Education lesson in unmatched overly large, burly, and often ridiculed Russian aircraft design is...well you do the work..

Advance google search -- the exact phrase -- Aviation Darwinism

There are too many Heavyweight link results to poast here without crashing the CA forum server. Aviation Darwinism is a large subject of hysterical study. Basically: survival of the most survivable, with Russians owning the top of the food chain.

P-47elevatorgonecomp.jpg

Well, there's a Beriev 2500 in the works for SF/WOV/WOE, even if it's not aloft IRL... :wink:

Edit: Oh, and the Mig-31 Firefox would eat B-70s and Avro 730s alive :rofl:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

mmm well Grumman has part ownership of the top also. But their engineers may be forgiven for living in a more robust plane of existence as constantly flying carrier planes have a built in toughness just for being carrier based.

uh, that's some Compensation going on there. Didn't know about that.

Video of CONVAIR XC-99 first flight, with some still pics~> http://www.air-and-space.com/xc99.htm

While its coming down for landing near the end, the busy moving traffic on the streets below makes it seem no so long ago. Weird.