Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Other F-111 Projects Left to Do

I suppose it would have been nicknamed the "BUMF".... You can figure that one out, yourselves :biggrin:

Big Ugly Mo Fracker...

Big Ugly Mo Fracker...

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of "Butt Ugly Mo Fo" :no:

I noticed when playing with the F-111C(Late) and F-111G when on the ground, the right main wheel spins the opposite direction that the plane is traveling. I know how to fix that in the .ini but I thought I would point this out anyway in case you want to fix it. This is in SFG btw.

Hmm.. I thought I could. I did on a previous aircraft that had the same problem with one of the wheels going backwards. That time I just changed the ReverseAnimation post but doing the same thing here has no effect. I made my previous post just as I had discovered the problem. I had not yet attempted to apply the fix and was certain the simple ReverseAnimation would do the trick, but apparently I was wrong.

Ok this seemed to work.

In the F-111G_DATA.ini you will find this

[RightMainGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=5.0

AnimationID=1

DragArea=0.50

HideGearNode=FALSE

ModelNodeName=tren_trasero_dere

;InsideNodeName=vieleta_dere

ShockAnimationID=3

ShockStroke=0.30

SpringFactor=3.0

DampingFactor=2.0

WheelNodeName=RightMainWheel

RotationAxis=X-Axis

RollingRadius=0.608

CastoringWheel=FALSE

HasBrakes=TRUE

BrakingCoefficient=0.75

RollingCoefficient=0.01

MaxDeploySpeed=128.61

ReverseAnimation=TRUE

ReverseWheelRotation=TRUE <---add this line

Ok this seemed to work.

In the F-111G_DATA.ini you will find this

[RightMainGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=5.0

AnimationID=1

DragArea=0.50

HideGearNode=FALSE

ModelNodeName=tren_trasero_dere

;InsideNodeName=vieleta_dere

ShockAnimationID=3

ShockStroke=0.30

SpringFactor=3.0

DampingFactor=2.0

WheelNodeName=RightMainWheel

RotationAxis=X-Axis

RollingRadius=0.608

CastoringWheel=FALSE

HasBrakes=TRUE

BrakingCoefficient=0.75

RollingCoefficient=0.01

MaxDeploySpeed=128.61

ReverseAnimation=TRUE

ReverseWheelRotation=TRUE <---add this line

Thats odd, I am looking at the G in my install now, and that line is already in there. Maybe you have an "older version" and not an updated one with some fixes in it?

why?

The A-5 pretty much maxed out the edge of practicality on a flight deck. The bigger and heavier F-111B in any role would have been a nightmare.

You're thinking too much in "real" terms as opposed to the "what ifs" that make this game great. Yeah, in RL, it was an absolute manity to deal with and proof of the "A cow is a racehorse designed by commitee" concept. Now, in the SFP, it's potential as a modern, dedicated shipboard bomber is greatly increased.

Thats odd, I am looking at the G in my install now, and that line is already in there. Maybe you have an "older version" and not an updated one with some fixes in it?

I guess that might be true. I downloaded it early but only just now noticed the wheel rotation and did not realize it might have been fixed already. I guess then I am sorry for wasting everybody's time, except blackbirds ;)

I guess that might be true. I downloaded it early but only just now noticed the wheel rotation and did not realize it might have been fixed already. I guess then I am sorry for wasting everybody's time, except blackbirds ;)

Oh I am sure you werent wasting anyones time. I hadnt noticed it until you said and so I went to check mine to and noticed it just the opposite. Maybe re download it and see?

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of "Butt Ugly Mo Fo" :no:

Well "Mo Fracker" is something I remember from PLDC and it means the same thing though :good::smile:

So we have the BUFF, SLUF, and BUMF, and I would agree it applies very well :smile:

The B is ugly, but ugly in a nice way.

I think it has a certain charm and the more I see of it, the more I like it.

That's true, but it's just that nose, makes it look like a dog really, like a hound or something approximating it..

Oh I am sure you werent wasting anyones time. I hadnt noticed it until you said and so I went to check mine to and noticed it just the opposite. Maybe re download it and see?

Just did re download and install it. That line is not there in the .ini and in game the wheel is rotating the wrong way again.

Just to clear things up, this is the download I speak of

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=8138

It appears to be all 3 aircraft in that pack.

Just did re download and install it. That line is not there in the .ini and in game the wheel is rotating the wrong way again.

Just to clear things up, this is the download I speak of

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=8138

It appears to be all 3 aircraft in that pack.

Weird. But you know what, its the ini gremlins once again.

That's true, but it's just that nose, makes it look like a dog really, like a hound or something approximating it..

Yeah, the F-111 has very nice lines overall, but that stubby nose on the B...

the -B looks like a Vark that went 10 rounds with a boxer and has a broken nose :lol:

Yeah, the F-111 has very nice lines overall, but that stubby nose on the B...

Yeah just totally ruins it. I guess if you skin it right (was a quick jobbie anyways) like has been showing up recently you can get some niceness out of it. I guess it was the White/Gull Grey scheme that just was never good looking anyways. In TPS it looks or is starting to look better..

post-5735-1233923806_thumb.jpg

Well got them all now and all I can say is That F-111B is real ugly more life an F-111 that flew into a wall... how could they let something that ugly deface a carrier at least the Tomcat had a certain grace to it... P.S. tried dogfight in it last night against 4 Mig-21's guess who lost ???

Yup was me... oh well might use it as a recon bird... or just chase Bears...

in fact, his problems were only weight and thrust.

imagine that design with composite materials and a good modern pair of engines. just to get better, maybe increase lifting surface of the wing to get a lower stall speed....

not a fighter, but a good strike bird.

btw... i saw things way worse that that nose. it seems to remind his supposed role of "watchdog" of the fleet.

Edited by the test pilot

Yeah true, as I was flying it earlier alot of bombs would make it nice, but the A-6/7 were nice and lighter. And seriously, you think Top Gun would be as "cool" if they were flying this? No -4G dives at Mach 1 with a MIG-28 conducting "international relations". Hell they roll over in this joker and it'll turn into a real incident!

Well if you put a jammer on it it may survive in a SAM environment, but it can drop bombs, unguided and as you see here, guided. Just had to toss in the Pave Spike (though I'm sure it's a fuselage mod) to see if I could do this.

post-5735-1233955775_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233955782_thumb.jpg

I was starting to derail the screenshot thread a bit so I deleted my last post there and thought I would bring that discussion about my wheels here instead.

Well now I know what your wheels were going backwards, you are using the old varks.

No actually the wheels on that Vark was fine (as far as I can remember). It's the new ones that were going backwards. Perhaps there is a difference in how SFG interprets the .ini from other thirdwire sims? Anyone else using the new ones in SFG that can confirm?