All russian birds are welcomed, we had a long time a lower poly mig-29 and marcs 27.. inskye brings us more 27 versions, MF an ew 29, now two yaks ... I have some tu-22 mods in the pipe... 2009 is a red year that`s sure!

Dont forget the MF SU-24 as well sometime soon in coming, and Fubar512 said Marcelos frogfoot hopefully coming soon as well.

Dont forget the MF SU-24 as well sometime soon in coming, and Fubar512 said Marcelos frogfoot hopefully coming soon as well.

jop can`t wait!!

If i would get the Ye-8 too i would feel like X-mas and eastern on one day.

This one?

Ye-8_001.JPG

Edited by AleDucat

Gepard, since it seems you like it, would you like to beta test the Ye-8?

I think I'll use a standard WO* MiG-21*DATA.ini, and then adding cannards, animations, etc. Will be easier than Forger. I even could use some textures from the game itself... don't know if this is possible.

me me, I asked for more... ;-)

I rote in another post that poly count doesn`t matter but .. damn this looks so nice detailed! Krizis, I said it some month ago.. you really need to create planes! Not only weapons!

the nearest LOD will have about 25k of polys. This is not too much, right?

Looks great :good:

Sounds a tad high...

For reference, TMF's A-7 are around 22k polys, MiG-29's 14/15k polys, F-4s are between 10k and 12k...

You should keep the 25k LOD, but a lighter one simplifying the little details (ie. replace the blades of the lift engines by a flat surface with a texture simulating the blades) while not taking away too much might be a good thing for those with older PCs...

I know FastCargo did a huge optimisation job with the F/A-18E/F series, starting from a high poly model and building simpler models, his second level model being almost as detailled while shaving the poly count significantly, you may ask his opinion if you need advices or ideas on what works best.

Anyway, that's a wonderful job, if I were a woman, I'd want to have your children :biggrin:

Edited by Gunrunner

the nearest LOD will have about 25k of polys. This is not too much, right?

That's 25k polys? That kind of detail looks like it would range up to the 35+ range. Nice work.

Krizis, this looks fantastic! For the poly count i noticed it as only a minor FPS killer. Skin Bitmaps cause more troubles on that. For example, a 20k polygon model with only using two 2048*2048 maps runs way better then a 15k polygon model with four or five 512*512 resolution skin bitmaps. :wink:

Currently i work on a HFB-320M, a former german Air Force ECM trainer aircraft. The model has 27247 polygons and is using only 2 big bitmaps for the skin. I have no problems running it and my old rig is light years away from "up to date"! :biggrin:

Floo is right have myself minor probs with skins wich are divided into more than 2 highres BMP`s and my PC is not the slowest. So keep up this detail level. And pls post pics.. I can`t wait until I see the skin for this babe. I know your weapponskins and the are great! Nothing to add.. just beautiful work!

Need more pics!!

Nice work!! I am waiting to ride on that Yak. :clapping:

What about the cockpit? Will it have a new cockpit or a modification of an already made cockpit?

Of course a new cockpit will be better but if not I think the cockpit of the original Hunter of WOE would be OK. It needs the modification to translate to Russian all the words inside the cockpit for more realism, and a radar screen (if the Yak-38 has radar). Did the real plane have radar? I don't know.

Yak-38 has no radar. So it is even more better to use modified WOE's Harrier cockpit in the same way as for the Yak-41. At least until someone (maybe me) makes complitely new and historically correct cockpit. The last thing will be hard to reproduce if one doesn't know Russian:)

krizis congratulations for your work is really fantastic.I hope very soon flight with this plane .

A big hugh my friend.

Thanks a lot.

oh... thank you all for your warm words, advices and attention to the theme! This is my first serious attempt at making planes (not counting abandoned Mig-25 project) and second year of self-studying 3DMax.

Blackbird, it looks like you have some kind of mania :yes: Picamania? What about your Mig-19 model instead?

yeah, i must say this yak is looking veeeery good :D

whenwhenwhen?

Aplaudindo.gif

Edited by Silverbolt

Awesome work Krizis ! I absolutely love cold war era Soviet aircraft and this one is a beauty. :ok:

Model completed and animated. As someone said here "look what I have and you don't!" :biggrin:

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=21936

A piece of very fine art!