Sign in to follow this  

I'v tried Push to Far V 1.3http

://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...;showfile=3537

Very good ideas.

Background form Original Campaign:

#d : Because of the faster than expected ICBM test by North Korea, President George W Bush [Obama now........ :haha: ] has acted with swift action in striking the rogue nation. To this point China has not entered the action on either side.

Two carrie task groups have quietly sailed within range of the Korean Penensula to support Marine Anphibious Group, and allied forces.

So,that

We can add some important ground targets in Morden Korean such as NK Nuclear factory,NK surface to surface missile base,or artillery bases of NK.

So,we can set campaign StartDate=D day,and in the first 1-2 days,only F-35/F-22/B-2 are set in ABs and there misson is NK Nuclear factory and large NK surface to surface missile base...

We set other aircraft start action in StartDate=D+1/2 day.So that, other unstealth aircraft can be set too destory NK's artillery,ScudLauncher...ect in Strike,and then CAS/sweep....

Sounds interesting. what would you use for NK planes? have they modernized with new types?

No they are in pretty poor state, actually so poor that their threats to South Korea sound pretty ridiculous. Looking at aircraft power alone I think South Koreans alone could cause a total defeat of NK airforce without much effort.

Assuming involvment of USA, the term overkill would be insufficient to describe the situation.

They even still have MiG-17/19 in their inventory, also MiG-21PFM, some 21bis, Su-25K,F-7, MiG-23, H-5(il-28), Mi-24Hind's, bunch of logistics planes and most notably MiG-29's allegedly even some "C" models.

They do have huge numbers of theese planes but as you can see it's a flying museum, I've heard nothing about condition of those machines, but I don't think one can do wonders with 50-60years old airframes...

Nevertheless it could be an interesting scenario and can always be spiced up with some "what if's" :)

I read on the wikipedia that the mi-28 attack helicopter was offered to them. Its the Havoc or hokum, one of the two. if this was available as a model, it could get interesting. NK does have the Alamo aa missile which is somewhat deadly but not much else thats a threat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mi-28

I read on the wikipedia that the mi-28 attack helicopter was offered to them. Its the Havoc or hokum, one of the two. if this was available as a model, it could get interesting. NK does have the Alamo aa missile which is somewhat deadly but not much else thats a threat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mi-28

NK Havoc? Never........

No they are in pretty poor state, actually so poor that their threats to South Korea sound pretty ridiculous. Looking at aircraft power alone I think South Koreans alone could cause a total defeat of NK airforce without much effort.

Assuming involvment of USA, the term overkill would be insufficient to describe the situation.

They even still have MiG-17/19 in their inventory, also MiG-21PFM, some 21bis, Su-25K,F-7, MiG-23, H-5(il-28), Mi-24Hind's, bunch of logistics planes and most notably MiG-29's allegedly even some "C" models.

They do have huge numbers of theese planes but as you can see it's a flying museum, I've heard nothing about condition of those machines, but I don't think one can do wonders with 50-60years old airframes...

Nevertheless it could be an interesting scenario and can always be spiced up with some "what if's" :)

MiG-29S? Maybe MiG-29A export version....

Some F-7IIs/F-7Gs/F-7Es?

F-6/MiG-17/19s are for CAS....

Put the J-10 in. Would be a nice opponent for SK F-16

I don´t know if China would support NK or if they see them as dangerous freaks, but personally i

get China beside NK, supporting them with J-10 and J-11 in my campaigns

MiG-29S? Maybe MiG-29A export version....

Some F-7IIs/F-7Gs/F-7Es?

F-6/MiG-17/19s are for CAS....

Actually I've read somewhere that on some semi-incident interception pilot saw MiG-29 with bigger spine indicating "C" or maybe even as you say "S"

As for F-7, only F-7A is mentioned...

Okay just looked at some photo's and the Mig-29 in them is definitely a late model C variant as the early A model does not have the big spine. Not sure though if its a SE or the later SD version. Also remember the North Korean's will by now have the AA-11 Archer missile and possibly the AA-12 Adder which would make it an interesting day out for an F-16 driver.

They also seem to have A-5C Fantan attack aircraft which as above would make it vaguely possible for them to have the J-10 maybe only a couple of Squadrons in the future.

Maybe even some of those Iranian rebuild F-5's both in the same boat as outlaw nations (Okay this one is my mind wandering into the theoretical.)

Also if you throw in SA-10, SA-11 and SA-12 batteries. Life could get real interesting fast for a Jet Jockey no matter what your driving.

Link is for the Mig-29 intercept on a P-3C.

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_178.shtml

MiG-29S....or even SD/SE... this is news for me.

And they got some J-7s in recently years.Not offical NO sources...Just heared about it...

Where is the Korea terrain needed for this?

Thanks snapper 21.

<Topic Hijack>

I've been thinking about making a modern Korean War as well. I want to keep as close to current orders of battle as possible, and keep US units low, mainly just to Pacific Air Forces units. South Korea will include just about everything they have. The DPRK is going to start an invasion of South Korea, quickly be forced to retreat, and fiercly defend Dear Leader. China really is a big question in this. I'd say have a couple of Chinese tank units on the PRC/DPRK border, but not have them attack. Unfortinatly,I have little to no knowledge of nodes, so I'll need some help with this if anyone is interested.

Sorry about hijacking your thread/idea Erwin_Hans.

<End Topic Hijack>

Thanks snapper 21.

<Topic Hijack>

I've been thinking about making a modern Korean War as well. I want to keep as close to current orders of battle as possible, and keep US units low, mainly just to Pacific Air Forces units. South Korea will include just about everything they have. The DPRK is going to start an invasion of South Korea, quickly be forced to retreat, and fiercly defend Dear Leader. China really is a big question in this. I'd say have a couple of Chinese tank units on the PRC/DPRK border, but not have them attack. Unfortinatly,I have little to no knowledge of nodes, so I'll need some help with this if anyone is interested.

Sorry about hijacking your thread/idea Erwin_Hans.

<End Topic Hijack>

Nothing,anything about NK is OK.

In my veiw..China havn't export any morden tanks after 1990.(What exported maybe old Type-59/69? No Type 80+ or better one)

About China in Korean War II?

IMO..

If SK/US strike NK's nuclear base,with out any ground attack. China will do noting as usual

If NK attack SK,invasion with ground forces,US/SK Counter-attack to 38 Line . China will noting as usual, maybe some weapon export to NK

If SK/US invasion NK or want to destory NK goverment. China should send some ground forces to take control NK.Withoout breaking war with US/SK.

Any way,any action make war between two Nuke country is idiot action.

What you,we need? Peace only. :yes:

Edited by Erwin_Hans