MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Love those night shots Dej! They make me realize how long it's been since I've flown after dark or before dawn. I'm going to have to load up a nocturnal bombing mission this evening and experience it all over again. smile.gif

Yes thanks Dej, good effort to catch that action. Flying in the dark is so different. Seems kind of surrealat times. I really like your pics.

wow!...anyone got a light?....great shots Dej

Yeah, but I like the in-cockpit heating. Nice feature!

shred

Good Morning All,

After the latest crash, hospitalization and internment of my current DID Pilot, F.W. "Chappy" Chapman, and whilest I wait for the eventual outcome of his situation, I began a new career as an American volunteer with the 17th Aero Squadron stationed at Petit-Synthe aerodrome up along the Flanders coast in June of 1918. We are flying the Camels, (which is why I chose this unit), and after I'd earned my first medal I decided to personalize my plane with an emblem, wing stripe and initial, as well as the roundels and rudder stripes of the U.S. Air Service, (rather than the British versions our squadron planes are sporting). Got some heat from the brass hats for that last modification, but they let it slide given my recent accomplishments in the air. After getting my kite all spruced up, I went out on morning patrol and, since we are situated next to a very busy little rail line, I started my flight by racing the train.

OFF_DID_USA_17Aero_01.jpg

OFF_DID_USA_17Aero_02.jpg

After this bit of fun, I continued on my way alone as I had promptly lost sight of the rest of the flight. Followed our assigned route in hopes of catching up to them but came across a group of Albs instead.

OFF_DID_USA_17Aero_03.jpg

After stalking them and getting barely within range of the straggler, I let fly with a burst from my guns and he immediately turned and dove down to engage. His buddies must have all been a sleep because none came to join him. It was really no contest as the Hun pilot appeared to be a novice with the mistakes he made, and I very quickly had the advantage.

OFF_DID_USA_17Aero_04.jpg

Since the nasty side of the mud was still about four miles away I decided to try and force my opponent to land rather than killing him outright, so I was careful to do just enough damage to his controls so that he had to set down, or choose to crash and die for the Fatherland.

OFF_DID_USA_17Aero_05.jpg

He prudently choose to land and become our guest.

OFF_DID_USA_17Aero_06.jpg

I promptly set down at a British aerodrome not a 1/4 mile from where my soon-to-be prisioner had landed and was provided a car to zip on over and introduce myself, as well as claim a few souvenirs before the DVa was turned over to our boys for study.

OFF_DID_USA_17Aero_07.jpg

All-in-all a very good morning for 2nd Lt. William "Swede" Larsson of the 17th Aero!

Cheers!

Lou

Racing trains?! Some milimeters lower, and you could have beheaded moles with the prop! :grin:

I wonder what your CO would say, if could see these screenshots

(which he can't, because he must be dead since so many years)?? :rofl:

Lou, the American roundels and stripes on the camel looks great. I often fly with the 17th too. Any chance you might be able to share that skin?

Crossbones

Glad you like the skin Crossbones, and I'll go you one better. If you let me know what logo you would like on the sides and letter on the top wing, I'll send you a personalized paint. BTW, how about the activity in our AO when you first sign up with this outfit. Seems there's no end to the waves of Hun fighters that are about, and all types too. :smile:

Cheers!

Lou

Lou,

Thank you for your kind offer! I have never had a personalized skin before. The skin looks great just like it is so my only request would be the letter "L" on the top wing to be changed to "C". When the paint dries I will take her up and see if I can help you lower the Hun traffic in our area. :grin:

Thanks again,

Crossbones

Alrighty then Crossbones, your new kite is ready. Click on the link below and download the zip file to your computer, then unzip it to a convenient spot, open the folder, and grab the .dds file that is there and drop it into your OFF "skins" folder. The path to that folder should look like the following, assuming you installed the sim in your C-drive:

C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\skins

Once you have the file installed you simply start up the sim and when you get to the main screen click on the personal skin drop-down menu and choose Off_camel_t_USA-17_Crossbones 1918 , (but then you probably already sorted all that out).

Here is the download link to the zip file: Crossbones 17th Aero Camel

Here is what your new ride will look like:

OFF_17th_Aero_Camel_Crossbones_01.jpg

I couldn't just leave it at simply changing the letter to a 'C' for you so I added an apropos emblem under the wing letter. wink.gif

I also repainted the cowling and wheel spats to blue, and personalized the tail number. Boche beware!

Enjoy!

And as always, many thanks to Winder, Rabu, OvS, and all the devs who created the outstanding OFF skins in the first place. All I do is build ever so slightly on their fine work.

Lou

Great shots, Guys. good.gif

Seeing as the DiD Campaign is grounded again due to bad weather I thought I'd update the skin for my Tripe:

newpainttripe.jpg

I'm probably stretching King's regulations abit too far, but if anyone asks I'll just claim that it's the new winter camo.whistle2.gif

Well it certainly works, difficult to make out your Tripe from the patchy landscape... Alas! I doubt the sim models that fact. :grin:

Don't you love how sometimes you get that first burst just right?

post-57157-12668868296242.jpg

Lou! YOU ROCK! This skin is awsome. Thank you for doing this for me. Sorry it took a while to get back to you and thank you but I just had to take her up for a spin.

Crossbones

post-27090-12668885662517.jpg

You are more than welcome Crossbones. Best of luck in the 17th Aero Sir!

drinks.gif

Lou

vyrago,

Now that is a great shot. Stunning. Well done.

m