MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Lou,

That is a beautifully shot video and your paint scheme is nothing short of magnificent. I wish I had those kind of skills! I'd paint a black Sopwith triplane with red and yellow flames on the sides and wings. If you've got more videos please share them. Especially if they show off your custom painting skills. Rockin' work Lou.

Hellshade

Lou,

Very nice S.A., especially when inverted. I know you didn't mean to "crank" her that hard, but your "aerobatics" added just the right amount of panache.

plug_nickel

Can't beleive you were able to pull out of that tumbling spin! Nice one!

That was so funny Lou...cheered me up no end!!...thank you :lol:

I've started working on some in-campaign footage and stories. Here is my first go at it.

The Tides of War (8:07) HD

Hellshade

grin.gif Glad you enjoyed it WM.

Mike, outstanding screenie Sir. Looks like firstrate desktop wallpaper to me.

Cheers!

Lou

Very good Hellshade, I particularly like the running commentary. Reminds me of a couple I did last year, and if you would like to see those, here are the links:

The last one was just for fun as I'd been seeing if it could be done and had already wrecked several kites trying to pull it off.

Thanks to you and Morris, Barkhorn1x ,almccoyjr, and rabu for the comments on my effort. I was rather proud of "Duel In The Sun", and capturing my death spin and recovery on video was one of those rare moments, (even though I did push my trusty Camel into the spin intentionally for the drama, pulling it out directly in front of the camera was PDL). smile.gif

Keep up the good work Hellshade, it's nice to see the many videos made by you and Parky, Catch22, Jammer28, and MikeDixonUK listed on the User Made Videos Page at the OFF website. I'm not sure why I've never made the cut on that page but I imagine the devs must have their reasons. Ah well, c'est la guerre.

Cheers!

Lou

Edited by RAF_Louvert

Hellshade wrote:

I wish I had those kind of skills! I'd paint a black Sopwith triplane with red and yellow flames on the sides and wings.

I'll see what I can put together for you Hellshade. Any other paint wishes on this kite?

Yeah Mike...that is a great Screenie m8!

Well, I posted mine before, but as we now have a special section...here it is again

I meant to compliment you on your spin recovery RAF Lou - that was outstanding and more than I could hope to accomplish. :salute:

Man that Camel was a vicious kite - but deadly in the right hands.

Lou, your Zep over Paris video is awesome. I love the straffing runs! Way to bring em down. :)

I really like the music in both of them as well. I need to work on incorporating some into my own. It definately adds alot to it.

As far as what I'd like to see on a Sopwith Triplane custom paint job - I'd have to say I'd like something that goes along with the whole "Hellshade" / "devil" theme.

Maybe a black or midnight blue plane with a big yellow circle on the sides and the profile view of a red devil complete with forked tail, horns and a pitch fork on top of the yellow circle?

To be honest, your work is outstanding, so anything you might come up with would probably be far more creative than what I might imagine. If you are willing to put the work into it, I'd appreciate it very much and would always give credit to you.

Hellshade

A Duel In The Sun

As you can see there's blue sky in this one and no white jaggies. Hope you get the glitch sorted out Hellshade, and keep up the fine work. good.gif

Cheers!

Lou

Hey Lou, are you running an Nvidia or ATI card? If it's Nvidia, could your 3D control panel settings with me and maybe your TrackIR settings as well? I'm running a GTX280 and TrackIR 4 Pro with clip, using TrackIR 5 software. I would really like to get this sorted out.

Hellshade

Lou,

That is a beautifully shot video and your paint scheme is nothing short of magnificent. I wish I had those kind of skills! I'd paint a black Sopwith triplane with red and yellow flames on the sides and wings. If you've got more videos please share them. Especially if they show off your custom painting skills. Rockin' work Lou.

Hellshade

How's this Hellshade? It's not a Sopwith but it's a black triplane with a flame job.:grin:

post-45778-12748325241936.jpg

post-45778-12748325592486.jpg

How's this Hellshade? It's not a Sopwith but it's a black triplane with a flame job.grin.gif

Hay! ..is dat da Fonze drivin dat ting?

Holy hell CJ, I'd love to fly that kite in a video or two. Just beautiful!!!

Hellshade

Thanks Hellshade. Too bad it's not my handiwork. That's an OvS original! I'll let you fly her though. PM me your email addy and I'll send you the files.

Edited by Cameljockey

I figured out how to record the videos pretty smooth with 16xQ AA on. Everything looks really sharp. This is just a short QC I did to test how it looks. What do you think?

16xQ OFF Air Combat Footage (2:48) HD

Hellshade

Very nice Duce. I love flying at dawn and dusk.

Widowmaker, excellent dawn patrol footage Sir, and I liked the musical score as well. Very atmospheric.

rabu and Barkhorn1x, getting the Camel to come out of the death spin isn't too terribly aweful if you have some alt to work with. Throttle back a bit, let the controls center, and gently push forward on the stick when it starts to settle down.

Hellshade, glad you enjoyed "Zeppelins Over Paris", it was a fun one to put together. As to my video card, I am running an nVidia 9800GTX+ and I use nHancer to tweak the settings. I can get those settings for you if you like. However, it appears from your latest video that you've sorted out the tearing issues. Well done Sir.

CJ, neat DR1 Sir. A little Brylcreem to keep the ducktail in place and you're a cool Daddy-O when fighting us teabags. cool.gif